WWE Raw going 3 hours

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The thing with this is if when I was 12-13 and utterly head over heels in love with wrestling they decided to add an extra hour I would have been over the moon.The extra hour probably will do more harm than good but perhaps it will give people more chance to shine and also give them the chance to create an actual tag division and space for new people to get over.

3 hours is too long every monday, theyll have to do a lot to keep the viewers interest for 3 hours.Maybe change around the brands where Raw for 3 hours you get wrestlers from raw and smackdown having the wwe title, world title, us and ic title all exclusive to raw.And on Smackdown make it a exclusive to the tag titles, womans title and bring back the cruiserweight title. Thatd be interesting so on raw you get the big names competiting for the top singles titiles whilst smackdown you get to see divas, tag team matches and cruiserweights.

It will make PPV's harder to differentiate from Raw. Have to see how it goes but if it gives opportunities for longer matches and mor eexposure to different wrestlers then great.If more promo's from the same guys every week then suckotronic time.Mind you, they could always bring back Mcmahons millions, that would fill 20 min easily while he tries to dial the number

Got to say, I think anybody hoping for one of the hours being something like a pre-game, Tough Enough or something else is just wishful thinking. We're basically going to encounter something like the Raw the other week where they had no draft, so they had fuck all. It means longer matches (which is as bad as it is good, to be honest), and more time looking hopefully to a crowd to start a chant they can dwell on a bit to stretch a promo.I'm excited at the point when this is totally the norm, and they do something like - Next Week - A Special FOUR HOUR deluxe Raw Supershow!

• Paid Members

Got to say, I think anybody hoping for one of the hours being something like a pre-game, Tough Enough or something else is just wishful thinking. We're basically going to encounter something like the Raw the other week where they had no draft, so they had fuck all. It means longer matches (which is as bad as it is good, to be honest), and more time looking hopefully to a crowd to start a chant they can dwell on a bit to stretch a promo.I'm excited at the point when this is totally the norm, and they do something like - Next Week - A Special FOUR HOUR deluxe Raw Supershow!

Like Wrestlemania 27, only more shambolic. Fully expect to have three matches in the first hour, and another three over the other three. As it is a 3-hour show's too much when you don't know what to do with at least half of the people you've got. Never mind giving Santino his own YT skits or giving The Great Khali or Broadarse Clay twice as long to look twice as good, get the people who can do actual amusing stuff and people can work longer than three minutes to play with their own formulae. The exact opposite of how By-The-Script Vince wants to go.

I'll wait and see how they do it, can't imagine they'll just do a regular Raw stretched over 3 hours as they never seem to get good feedback on the 3 hour shows and Vince apparently hates them. If they do one of the hours as a pre-show or post-show that could work for me. They also have all the stuff they only show online such as the youtube stuff and nxt that they could make use off.One issue for me is it's not just 3 hours, with the overrun it works out more like 3.5 hours which is a long time to get viewers to stick around. Be interesting to see the ratings and the quarter hour breakdowns when they start this.Is this another nail in the coffin of the brand extension? It seems pretty pointless now with the supershows and we've not had a draft this year, can see it quietly being dropped before too long.

• Paid Members

3 hours is too long every monday, theyll have to do a lot to keep the viewers interest for 3 hours.Maybe change around the brands where Raw for 3 hours you get wrestlers from raw and smackdown having the wwe title, world title, us and ic title all exclusive to raw.And on Smackdown make it a exclusive to the tag titles, womans title and bring back the cruiserweight title. Thatd be interesting so on raw you get the big names competiting for the top singles titiles whilst smackdown you get to see divas, tag team matches and cruiserweights.

Thats a terrible idea. Smackdown's ratings are already in the crapper. Why would people bother watching it if you took its only stars off it? Smackdown would be cancelled in about a month.

Not terribly thrilled about this news, however if they keep the 'real' show starting at 9 in the US hopefully they'll advertise that fact so the viewers know when the important stuff will be happening. That way they can create an hour of Ryback, AW's stable, Young & Titus, Swagger and Ryder etc for the die hard fans who tune in to Smackdown and superstars. So in theory it might not be a bad idea but I don't want the show to open with a main eventer and then be filled with stuff that I'm not that arsed about inbetween the main events.

Thats a terrible idea. Smackdown's ratings are already in the crapper. Why would people bother watching it if you took its only stars off it? Smackdown would be cancelled in about a month.
It's not that madcap, although expressing "THIS IS THE BLUE ONE WITH THE ARMDRAGS AND THE BIRDS" would be. They're obviously doing that at the moment anyway, and I imagine it will continue when Raw goes to three hours. Raw is the stars n' promo show, and Smackdown is the newbie matches with the odd main eventer thrown in. And as a formula, it's worked a fucking treat the last month (for Smackdown at least).

Archived