WWE Raw going 3 hours

TildeGuy~!

If they canned Smackdown I could deal with it.

This is true, they'll never cancel a popular show like SmackDown though, even if its numbers are down at the moment its still viewership they cant do without. Its a massively shit idea, their creative isnt good enough for the odd 3 hour shows let alone every week.EDIT: I just remembered reading a week or so ago that they were starting RAW an hour earlier too? If they are intending on adding the third hour earlier rather than an hour later then it could be a smart move.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if/how it might affect the PPV buys as well?Considering they've had a younger fanbase now for many years (and the fact that overall the number of people buying the PPVs has gone down), is it going to be harder for Little Jimmy to convince the parents to buy a "3 hour special" when every RAW is now 3 hours?Added to the fact that there will simply be an extra 4 hours of free wrestling every month, I wonder whether it will make any odds or not?

Echoing just about everyone elses sentiments, Raw being a 3 hour show every week will be awful. Even in the past when they have had a good reason to extend the running time of the show there have always been parts that drag.I've thought for ages that an ideal (albeit awkward for scheduling, etc) running time for a WWE or TNA tv show is 90 minutes.

It's already been pointed out but WCW making Nitro 3 hours is almost unanimously pointed to as one of the biggest mistakes the company ever made, and that was when business was booming and they had a roster three times the size of what WWE has now. I honestly struggled sitting through 3 hours of Wrestlemania this year. I can't imagine what sitting through 3 hours of Raw every week would be like.

3 hours, good grief no!More adverts and replays and more filler, and utter crap basically3 hours, how come continuous drama can do great stuff with 45 mins/1 hour, yet wrestling needs 3+2hr to do the same thing? I know its cheap, but the things that are causing shite with the product now are just going to be severely exacerbated making it even more overexposed.

if this planned interactive element for the first hour does well then it can be a good thing otherwise having a three hour raw then a 2 hour smackdown every week will be a chore to get through. also pretty convenient that tna put that announcement about going live in the summer right after wwe made theirs eh?

Personally, as long as it's an extra hour at the start rather than the end of the show then I'm happy, less dead time to kill when waiting up for it live. In terms of business it's maybe not a great move long term, although I guess another hour of prime time TV means a chunk more steady income.

At least the Divas will get more than the 45 seconds they currently get, not arsed about match quality or any of that shite but it means Layla and Kelly Kelly's arses will be on for a bit longer every week, in fact an hour of those two comparing their arses would probably annihilate any ratings record

• Paid Members

its a worrying time when the people that are meant to be considered the die hard fans of the business collectively moan when they are given more of what they are meant to be fans of.

That's more an indication of what moany cunts hardcore fans are than anything else, though.
this is true.

Archived