WWE Over The Limit 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Another uneventful Ryback squash and that stupid arms thing, although I liked him kicking Camacho's bike. Brodus Clay is now the most boring thing in WWE and I wish he'd piss off as well.

I agree with all of this. Ryback looks great, but he's lacking in certain things that makes his kind of push go over the top. His slappy head, arms raising, rhythmic breathing and shouting make him seem like a bit of a mong, rather than a nutter. He's like a roided Bushwacker trying to do Goldberg, at the minute. He also looks like a jacked up version of one of my dear old Mum's gay mates, which ruins him (for me) a bit.

However, Ryback kicking over the bike is the best thing he's done. THAT made him look like a proper nutter.

I watching the show at the minute, just watching the divas match. Why is there a "colt cabana!" chant going on during the fucking womens match? I hate it when a crowd does shit like that

I cant say I noticed that, I did hear a 'we want Kharma!' chant though.

Also on another note, why an earth did they put what was essentially a comedy match on last with the heel going over. When they had a great WWE title match on the show with the baby face picking up the victory. I wonder why they picked such a flat ending to a show.

Also on another note, why an earth did they put what was essentially a comedy match on last with the heel going over. When they had a great WWE title match on the show with the baby face picking up the victory. I wonder why they picked such a flat ending to a show.

The match was always built as the main event, whether you like it or not it had a much bigger build going into it than Punk/Danielson and the title has been playing second fiddle to Cena's "epic encounters" for months now so should hardly come as a surprise.

The match was always built as the main event, whether you like it or not it had a much bigger build going into it than Punk/Danielson and the title has been playing second fiddle to Cena's "epic encounters" for months now so should hardly come as a surprise.

Just because something has been built more though does not necessarily mean it should go on last. Once people have bought the PPV, they have bought the PPV. They should put on last what ever delivers the greatest in entertainment value.

• Paid Members
I'm quite convinced Punk botched that tap-out at the end, too.

I noticed that too. Punk was obviously meant to tap onto Bryan's arm to get him to let go, but missed, then corrected himself.

I preferred the match to the 4-way, but they were both really good. Not matches of the year, but Punk's best match in ages, certainly. Most I've got into watching a match in ages as well. It's the first time in ages my girlfriend's got into watching one too. Not least because it was really quite funny in places. The headbutts, the slapping, Punk's 'I have til five', and most of all the moment where Punk tries to get out of a move by pulling Bryan's beard. Really fun match overall.

Just because something has been built more though does not necessarily mean it should go on last. Once people have bought the PPV, they have bought the PPV. They should put on last what ever delivers the greatest in entertainment value.

Thing is though Punk/Danielson comes across as a mid card match, no matter how good they deliver in the ring due to its build up the match does not come across as a spectacle. Big Show's turn at the end of the night left things on a cliffhanger and is there to get people to tune into Raw the following night to see what will happen next - logic really.

I preferred the match to the 4-way, but they were both really good. Not matches of the year, but Punk's best match in ages, certainly. Most I've got into watching a match in ages as well. It's the first time in ages my girlfriend's got into watching one too. Not least because it was really quite funny in places. The headbutts, the slapping, Punk's 'I have til five', and most of all the moment where Punk tries to get out of a move by pulling Bryan's beard. Really fun match overall.

I thought the Punk/Bryan match was much, much better than the 4 way. The 4 way had a really great last 2 minutes or so, but was otherwise an average affair. Probably better than a lot of the more recent 4 way matches in WWE because there was really no weak link, but it was still pretty dull for the first ten minutes.

Punk/Bryan was ace. Just the sort of match I love. They just went out there and worked to a very high level, and the crowd responded accordingly. It did indeed feel like a well worked upper card match though, rather than a main event, simply because the build-up was completely useless. I have no issue with Cena getting the headline spot when he's fighting the likes of The Rock and Lesnar, but getting main event spots and build-up for matches with Johnny Ace and Big Show is pretty crappy. Maybe if they started treating the Punk/Bryan feud like a big deal it might come off that way.

• Paid Members

Surprised Sheamus kept the title can't see him holding it much longer his reactions are diva level.

The Bryan-Punk match didn't do too much for me. I really don't think I'm keen on Punk in ring work though so i could have a slightly tainted view.

Cole was on fire though.

Surprised Sheamus kept the title can't see him holding it much longer his reactions are diva level.

WWE are persisting with Sheamus and Punk as world champions despite apparent tepid reactions and poor ratings in an attempt to build them. They'd do themselves no favours keeping the belts on Cena and Orton all the time. Those guys might get the belts back in time for the three hour Raw launch, but until then, they might as well extend the reigns of the less established guys.

Just catching up with the PPV. The Punk/Bryan match was brilliant and shows how far they've come. What was nice they didn't do anything ridiculously risky or over the top, so they have places to go in rematches and hence have some longevity in this. Just lovely to see such a solid match and the crowd so into it for the duration of it.

More important then that, they needed an angle to end the show with, get people talking. Fans everywhere will be talking about The Big Show heel turn because he's never turned heel before, ever.

Archived