WWE Over The Limit 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Since its a year to the day since Macho Man died, I wonder if CM Punk will bust out his Macho inspired gear he wore last year.

The shades, hat and tassles please!!!

Since its a year to the day since Macho Man died, I wonder if CM Punk will bust out his Macho inspired gear he wore last year.How many turns has Big Show had?

It would certainly fit the storyline, with Big Show already fired but the obvious downside is Cena vs Big Show for the third time.

Yeah think I'm going to stay up and watch it. CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan should be a classic, I'm pulling for Bryan to win the WWE Championship! An though the Fatal 4 Way build up hasn't been that great, its bound to be class.Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler should be a great match too, while John Cena vs John Laurinitus should be full of shenanigans and be at least slightly entertaining.

2 more matches announced. A Battle Royal, then the winner of that will face either Cody or Santino for their title later in the show. Was obvious there was gonna be matches added, cos there was only 5 announced (not including the Zack/Kane pre-show).

2 more matches announced. A Battle Royal, then the winner of that will face either Cody or Santino for their title later in the show. Was obvious there was gonna be matches added, cos there was only 5 announced (not including the Zack/Kane pre-show).

Nice to see a BR for a title, but it smacks of desparation doesnt it?Some shenanigans with the BR result and then Cody vs Santino Title for Title, or is that wishful thinking?

-- WWE announced via text messaging a People's Power Battle Royal for tonight's Over the Limit pay-per-view event. The winner will face either WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes or WWE United States Champion Santino Marella later in the show.

Think this is one of the free to air PPV's in the UK. Can't wait for Punk vs. Bryan. The Champion vs. Champion match they had on the 21st of February Smackdown was one of the best matches of the year so far.

Rewatched that recently. Seemed to be the best of the bunch as far as their little mini-feud and getting a match that long seemed to play to their strengths but I'm interested to see now that Bryan is more of an out-and-out heel and less of a heel who pretends to be an underdog babyface.

But what do you do with Tensai then? He can't just squash Yoshi Tatsu and Justin Gabriel for months, while Henry plods through matches with a robotic Cena. At least Tensai has a bit of pace to him

Problem for me is that for the most part Tensai's matches have been plodding due to all those Martial Arts Expert hand gestures he has to do... and I actually like the guy. I know old A-Train has pace but for the most part he isn't showing it since all that stuff seems to: a. slow things down and b. kill the crowd.

A fitting tribute would be if he stopped doing his shitty Version of the elbow.

:laugh: Punk loves his tributes doesn't he? The Benoit thing, Misawa, Savage. Probably a bunch of others I'm forgetting.

Since its a year to the day since Macho Man died, I wonder if CM Punk will bust out his Macho inspired gear he wore last year.How many turns has Big Show had?

It would certainly fit the storyline, with Big Show already fired but the obvious downside is Cena vs Big Show for the third time.
Well, the last go around featured one of Show's all time best performances so I'm all for it. In general Cena works well against Monsters almost regardless of their talent and Show certainly has a truckload of talent.I'm more concerned about Show turning again when he's one of the better babyfaces they've got. If they play it with Show as Big Johnny's reluctant helper who eventually destroys him I suppose can take it.

Yeah think I'm going to stay up and watch it. CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan should be a classic, I'm pulling for Bryan to win the WWE Championship! An though the Fatal 4 Way build up hasn't been that great, its bound to be class.Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler should be a great match

I don't think the card has been built up that well in general but I do think those three matches should deliver. I can't see Punk/Bryan having a bad match. Not sure about getting my hopes up for MOTY or all time classic level but at the very least it should be good. I know they've had a few matches already this year that were good in themselves but I got the impression they were saving something for a bigger stage/proper feud/PPV. Hopefully that's the case. Re. the build-up to the four way I'm actually a bit more interested after SmackDown! since before that I presumed the Orton stuff was just a tease to try and add a bit of interest to Sheamus' title reign that a one-on-one with Del Rio didn't and that they wouldn't actually turn him or have Sheamus lose the title. I still can't see them taking the title off Shemaus yet but I do think an actual Orton turn could be on the horizon. Even if he doesn't I liked the way he worked in a few subtle heel spots (been watching his Bret Hart tapes) on last week's show. I'm actually most interested to see how Jericho and Del Rio match up. Been a fan of Layla since pre-LayCool and her and Beth had early last year (or late the year before) so should be easily the best Divas match on a PPV for a while, although despite all that strangely I don't have any interest in their feud. Tag match could also be really good. The same match between these guys but with Bourne in Truth's spot was a pretty decent undercard feud late last year and something I was just getting into when it fizzled out. Now I would have though swapping Bourne for Truth isn't a step up but I thought Truth/Swagger from Superstars in London the other week was one of Truth's best WWE matches - him and Swagger seem to have good chemistry. Not his biggest fan but Kofi's been on top form on Raw lately with the Bryan match the same night and then the Jericho and Colons matches after that I thought he looked the best he has in ages. Ziggler's pretty consistent even if he has wrestled Kingston a million times most of them have been decent and a couple very good. Again wish there was more of a reason for this.

-- WWE announced via text messaging a People's Power Battle Royal for tonight's Over the Limit pay-per-view event. The winner will face either WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes or WWE United States Champion Santino Marella later in the show.

Only an hour late with that news.

Ummm...is it just me or is the venue half empty??? The crowd looks horrific.

The venue WAS half empty at that time as it was only the pre-show. They showed a shot of the crowd still lining up to get inside.Enjoyed the PPV overall. Apart from the Main Event, everyone saw that coming and nobody in the crowd really cared about Big Show turning heel for the 8 millionth time.

Archived