WWE Over The Limit 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Battle Royal was good fun, but The Miz and Christian looked well out of place. Tyson Kidd was class too.

I bloomin' loved that tag team match. Well good fun it was. Sterling effort all round from those 4, although Jerry Lawler did his best to ruin it by slagging off Vickie the whole match. More tag team wrestling please.

Hawkins and Reks getting TV time is brilliant and hopefully means big Johnny will thank them on Raw tomorrow and give them a title match or something.

The Christian thing was handled as well as could be. Like when he returned just before mania people were wanting to cheer for him, so going for Santino then swerving and going for Cody was pretty cool. Hope he does well now he's back and he can have kick ass matches in the middle of Smackdown.

Layla vs Beth Phoenix was alright, I really hope Kharma comes back already. not just because she was class but so people can stop going "ooh Kharma will be back after this match to stare down Beth" and to stop the stupid crowd from chanting "we want Kharma" etc

The 4 Way was pretty class too, rather hectic and I was quite surprised Sheamus lasted. Sheamus vs Randy Orton at No Way Out?

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan was top notch, just brilliant. Loved it. Though i can't stand Punk anymore, the promo before was dire.

Ryback vs Camacho was meh, think it may have been Rybacks worst performance but it wasn't bad. I thought when Hunico came out that he might face a returning Sin Cara but ah well.

Big Johnny vs John Cena was funny for about 5 minutes then it all came tumbling down, possibly the most obvious scenario in history and everyone knew it was going to happen. It was one of those times where we were begging to be swerved but no we got the Big Show in his yellow shirt turning...meh i say, but it gives us more big Johnny goodness to come for Raw not all bad i guess.

Overall i'd give it 3/5 Stars, it was definately a 'B' PPV as they say, I wasn't disappointing, but I probably wouldn't have bought it or went out of my way to see it.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love how the WWE goes with Big Show helping Laurinaitis, even though it was SO obvious that's what was gonna happen, yet DON'T have Kharma come back and destroy The Bellas because they thought it was too obvious.

Has WWE admitted that LOLKHARMASWERVE in a press release then, or is it just sour grapes from berks upset because the thing they wanted to happen didn't, same as the "Christian trying to murder Jeff Hardy is the obvious choice and makes sense" saga?

I love how the WWE goes with Big Show helping Laurinaitis, even though it was SO obvious that's what was gonna happen, yet DON'T have Kharma come back and destroy The Bellas because they thought it was too obvious.

Has WWE admitted that LOLKHARMASWERVE in a press release then, or is it just sour grapes from berks upset because the thing they wanted to happen didn't, same as the "Christian trying to murder Jeff Hardy is the obvious choice and makes sense" saga?

I'm loathe to side with the general internet pulse, but I fucking love Layla and I still can't understand why they held Kharma off there. I know no fucker remembers it anyway, but it was a pretty perfect way to pay off the twins being a set of bitches when Kharma first left, in circumstances they were lucky to find themselves in with the contract stuff. If Kharma was sat there ready to go, they should have used her. Not that I know she was definitely ready to go like, that's where you have just believe the smelly web guys and it gets a bit cloudy.

As for this PPV, I wish I'd gone for the Paddy Power accumulator. I watched a large chunk of it this morning, and most of it was perfectly acceptable, but it was one of the more predictable shows in recent memory. They executed the Big Show thing as well as they could, in all honesty. I saw it as Laurinitis making him the offer right as Show was about to chokeslam him, which is better than Show just running in and lamping Cena, the deal already done. I also don't forsee a full Cena/Big Show run from this, myself. Big Johnny's going to start turning up the heat on Cena now, Show will just be added (possibly reluctant) muscle to this stable he's amassing.

The reason the show was mostly flat as forty farts was because the guys who are currently getting over were all in a battle royal, and the floundering treadmill crew from Raw gobbled up the midcard. I'm a Christian fan, but an unannounced face turn and impromptu title win was not the way to bring him back, nor was the whole thing a particularly dignified outing for Cody. WWE is playing seriously fast and loose with its star making at the moment. Some guys are somehow one step away from being a big deal, but only two away from complete nothingness. I know it's a bit arsey to make old and obvious comparisons, but Steve Austin was barely doing full jobs to anybody on his way up, let alone guys perceived to be on his level. In fact, I'd go as far to say he comprehensively shit all over guys on his level, and very competively lost to guys above him (I'm thinking of his Undertaker and Bret Hart jobs, mainly). He didn't even lay down for Shawn Michaels at KOTR 97. Dolph Ziggler can't keep losing to Kofi Kingston if Kofi Kingston then loses to Jey Uso, you know?

The most over midcarders on the show, without question, are CM Punk and Daniel Bryan - and they've got to pretend to be Main Eventers and fight for the Title! WWE farts out some seriously impressive Main Events at the moment, but the rest of the roster (driven by Raw), is as topsy turvy as it's been since god knows when. I am absolutely not rose tinting the fucking appalling 02-04 years here, but I watched an 04 Raw yesterday where La Resistance and Jindrak & Cade appeared on the surface more over than most of the things on this PPV. I'd be amazed (and impressed, and would probably shut the fuck up about this sort of thing) if the WWE is doing good house show business with this crop at the moment.

I saw it as Laurinitis making him the offer right as Show was about to chokeslam him, which is better than Show just running in and lamping Cena, the deal already done.

I reckon he had it planned all along - right from the start of the match, he was always trying to run off in the same direction.

• Paid Members

The Big Show thing makes no sense though. If Johnny lost, he would be fired and most likely along with Otunga and Eve. Whoever filled the gap would hire Big Show right back regardless.

Obvious and pointless.

• Paid Members
The Big Show thing makes no sense though. If Johnny lost, he would be fired and most likely along with Otunga and Eve. Whoever filled the gap would hire Big Show right back regardless.

Not really. He was guaranteed his job back if he helped Big Johnny, where as if he let Cena win Triple H may not have hired him back. Logic & wrestling.

Having watched the finish again, the heavy set fella in the Cena gear needs to be ringside at every WWE event. When Show smacks Cena, it takes the poor guy about 4 seconds to realise that Show attacked his hero. When he finds out it's gold - proper hands on head, mouth open, stuff. Poor guy. He's my new favourite thing in wrestling.

Decent show made worth it by Punk/Bryan. Terrific match with great performances from both men. Stuff like that is why I continue to watch pro wrestling. We've been pretty spoilt with great matches over the last two or three months. I'm hoping they get a couple more PPV matches before Summerslam too.

As for the rest, the Fatal Fourway was decent and Cena/Lauranitis was fun for what it was. The Big Show turn at the end was expected but done well. Christian/Rhodes and the Tag Title match were both pretty good matches too. One thing that I do hope we get from the new three hour RAWs is more buildup to the undercard matches on PPV. I don't see why they have to wait and add bonus matches on the day of the PPV itself.

I enjoyed Over The Limit overall.

The Battle Royal and IC Title matches were nice additions.Tyson Kidd was a standout in the Battle Royal and Regal was super over.Pity that Rhodes lost the title but if it leads to a Christian Vs Rhodes fued it should at least produce some good matches.

The Tag Team Title match was good although I reallycan't get into the team of Kingston and Truth(It's Kingston I can't really sit dowm and enjoy).Again Ziggler took a terrific looking bump at the end which may be downfall in the longrun.WWE actually has a couple of teams in which to start a Tag Team division(Young/O Neil,Reks/Hawkins,Usos/Kingston/Truth,Camacho/Hunico,Epico/Primo) if they really wanted to make a go of it.Let's hope they do.

Ryback continued to look impressive in his squash,although those Goldberg cants just won't go away will they.Fantastic fuck up by Lilian at the start too.

Nice to see Reks and Hawkins given something to do on PPV.These two aren't on Tv enough(aside from NXT)

Miz was wasted in the squash to Clay.

I thought the Fatal 4 way was fantastic.Some great action in this with a lot of convincing near falls.I even thought Jericho was going to win at one point such was the level at which I got lost in the match.Sheamus really isn't doing the business as a heel tho is he.

Eve continues to look mint.

Punk Vs Bryan was a terrific match even if we were all expecting it to be.

Cena Vs Big Johnny was a bit of a strange one.I'm still unsure if was as bad as I thought it was going to be or not.It definitely went on for longer than it should have.The bit at the announce desk was both cringe worthy and fantastically crap at the same time.

It's not one of the matches that you'd be putting on to show your mates that don't watch wrestling.

Granted the ending was predictable but I guess it's what happens after this that'll really matter in the long run.

Overall OTL was enjoyable.WWE are on a pretty good run with PPV's this year.

My favourite part of the show was the crowd booing the hell out of Regal's elimination, even more impressive given how crappy the crowd was for much of the night. Actually, I really liked the whole of the battle royal, and it was a good way to start the show. Tyson Kidd looked really good in it, and a few few others. Besides that match and the WWE Title match, I really didn't enjoy the show a whole lot.

Edit: Just watched a bit of the pre-show, Regal got a really good reaction when he made his entrance too, which is nice. Hopefully something will come of it before he retires, people do clearly care about him still.

A one match show Punk vs Bryan, the rest of the ppv was the usual WWE bs.

Who would've guessed you'd have that opinion!

Good show I thought, but nowhere near as good as any of the other PPVs this year. I wouldn't have paid for it if it had been on Box Office, but if I had I would have felt disappointed.

• Moderators
Edit: Just watched a bit of the pre-show, Regal got a really good reaction when he made his entrance too, which is nice. Hopefully something will come of it before he retires, people do clearly care about him still.

Yeah. I think he's reached that point where people just want to like him. I'd have absolutely no problems with him in the tag team hunt with someone like Brodus Clay or Santino as a superfun team.

Courtesy of lordsofpain.net...

From ring announcing gaffes to shoe related mishaps, Lilian Garcia's second go-round with WWE has been rough at times. The veteran Diva had another bad night Sunday at Over the Limit as she mishandled no less than three ring introductions and was involved in a heated argument with a co-worker in front of fans.

During ring introductions for the participants in the Fatal 4-Way Match for the World Heavyweight Championship, Garcia incorrectly announced Sheamus' billed weight as 227 pounds, rather than 267 pounds. In another glaring miscue, Garcia announced Hunico as a match participant seconds after Hunico proclaimed Camacho as wrestling. Broadcaster Michael Cole took the opportunity to once again denounce her ring announcing ability, say he wasn't surprised by the mistake considering the source. Garcia also drew the ire of fellow ring announcer Justin Roberts for mishandling ring introductions for the Intercontinental Championship Match between Cody Rhodes and Christian. Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer explains in today's edition of Observer Radio:

"Something happened between Lilian Garcia and Justin Roberts where Lilian stormed off

Archived