WWE Over The Limit 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm abit annoyed I stayed up for the PPV now. It was just really disappointing I liked the opening with the Battle Royal about time we saw many of those faces on PPV. Tyson Kidd looked bloody fantastic aswell. Good to see Christian back as a face and good to see him with the IC title as he won't look like a cunt with it like Big Show did. It was great to see Reks and Hawkins doing something worth while. Great action in the 4 way until Sheamus won with that awful "white noise"Apart from that it was all abit meh. I appreciate good wrazzling but I found Punk/Bryan disappointing. Sheamus retaining was really shit and Jericho looks like he's packed his bags. Main event was fucking shite.

This was a mixed bag for me, the main event was a laugh even though they went with the ending that most people probably predicted. Cena/Big Show will be shit though. I really enjoyed Punk/Bryan, even though the way they were calling some of them spots they might as well have had a mega phone attached to their mouths. I watched and enjoyed Layla/Beth. I thought they did a great job with focusing on Layla's bad knee. Ryback got on Pay Per View, now that's a relief as I feared the worst when he wasn't on Smackdown this week. The rest was atrocious however, the Fatal 4 Way nearly sent me to sleep. I was wrong about Sheamus, the difference in personality from him to Mark Henry & Bryan is incredible. The tag team match was crap, would have preferred a nice O'Neal/Young match instead, and I can't believe Vickie Guerrero is still out there doing her thing. She is ruining Dolph Ziggler's career. I couldn't sit through Miz/Brodus, as I can't think of a pair of wrestlers I'd rather not watch more than those two together. Christian/Cody Rhodes was SO long and boring, and I hate Battle Royals. The commentary was annoying as anything as well. Glad I didn't have to pay for it becuase most of it was bad, though there were a few decent bits.

• Paid Members

Mixed bag for me too.Enjoyed the women's and tag matches more than I thought I would, and really enjoyed Punk vs Bryan. Everything else I could have done without.

• Paid Members

The PPV was worth it, if only for the look on the fat lads face when Cena lost. He had the look of a man that was watching Big Show and Mr. 5* tag team his dear old Mother's, still warm, cadaver.It wasn't as good as Bryan's match with Sheamus last month, Bryan/Punk was still worth the time. I was shocked WWE protected Bryan so much with the finish, hopefully they have big plans for D Bryan this year (I'll be a happy wrestling fan if we get that Cena feud, it will no doubt lead to the greatest match ever to happen).I think this Show/Cena feud will be good. Cena is at his best when he's up against big monsters, and Show is a maestro.

Really good PPV until the last match tbhOpening up in the middle of the Battle Royal was really odd, guess they are really really pushing the pre show aspect. I cant be bothered with it tbh but that's just me. The match itself was pretty good and Regal, and a few others actually looked pretty good given the amount of PPV time they got.The Tag Match was excellent, I thought I got really into it. They were given a decent amount of time time to get things going. Impressive stuff. Reminded me of the days when the likes of the Rockers and Orient Express were given time to express themselves in a 15 or so minute match rather than about 5 minutes of after thoughtThe Diva's match was also surprisingly good and given time to develop as well. More of this please WWEThe IC match I could take or leave, it was neither great nor rubbish. Im not so big on Christian as some on here, but a return and a title win, plus being a face may help Christian. He does heel better though.The Fatal Four Way was involving and pretty good as I dont really care about any of the participants. Cant see what the brouhaha is about the White Noise. It's strange to see the WWE let a move be used where you land on the head and neck though. Looks good/ devastating mind and that is all that really matters for a finisher.Miz vs Brodus Clay, was alright for what it was Clay is morphing into a version of Tazz with all the suplex stuff. Isnt really in keeping with his gimmick though as its more heel based. I smell a turn soon perhaps?The CM Punk vs D-Bryan match was excellent. Again different for the WWE in terms of matches. It was a WWE version of ROH match without the countless daft quick kicks. Really dnjoyed it, may sneak into one of my matches of the year.Ryback vs Camacho, was another squash based thing. Ryback looks intense, but needs to start doing more in the ring perhaps feeding him a powerhouse type wrestler rather than jobber fodder may help?The Main Event was awful, truly rank. Predictable, dull boring and not funny in large parts, when they were trying to do comedy. The best bit of it was probably Johnny and Cena on Commentary and that is saying something. The did their best to stretch it out, but it became more and more cringeworthy as the whole thing went on. The run in and turn was predictable and dull,. I feel sorry for Big Show and Cena and Johnny Ace for being a part of it. Drizzling shits as a main event. Its a shame as the rest of the PPV was really good in general.

It would be good for Reks & Hawkins to start a program with Kingston/Truth.Strong showing from Regal & Kidd.I do like Christian, who is a solid hand, but the loss does nothing for Cody.Wouldn't mind another Punk/Bryan match before too long, surprised Tensai didn't get a spot on the card, maybe a staredown with Ryback or something.4 way was well put together.

surprised Tensai didn't get a spot on the card, maybe a staredown with Ryback or something.

I thought about this recently, seen as Ryback is just steamrolling through people have Tensai come out and actually put up a fight. On the flipside of that though, if you were to do a match between the two, whoever loses will lose a ton of momentum as both are being pushed as unstoppable monsters

enjoyed that ppv last night, punk/bryan was a show stealing quality match. would have preferred that to be last match as the ace/cena match dragged on, the commentary saved it in all honesty. the fatal four way was decent as was the tag match, nice surprise having a battle royal open the show too. didn't mind the divas match and the subsequent i.c match (nice seeing christian winning a title again). the only things that weren't needed were the miz/clay match and the ryback squash over camacho

I just watched the four way World title match and Punk vs Bryan as the rest of the card didn't interest me. I was pulling for Orton during the World title match as he has been floundering for far too long but at least the option of Sheamus vs Orton is still open and Jericho took the pin which meant that Sheamus got a win over an established guy which can only be good when presenting him as a deserving champion. Good match overall.Punk vs Bryan was brilliant, the two guys have risen to the top organically and this match shown why. Each move was met with a reaction and the diverse submissions and quick pace kept the crowd on the edge of their seats throughout. The crowd reaction added a lot to the match and hearing the male side of the crowd chanting 'Daniel Bryan!' and the kids and women (usually reserved for Cena) chanting 'CM Punk!' was surreal. I'd have liked Bryan to have come out of this one with the belt but his future is still looking promising and making Punk tap still gives him a legit claim for a rematch, brilliant stuff. I have barely watched Cena and JL's interactions on Raw and it sounds like an embarrassment of a main event, I thought Cena and Miz's main event from last year's Over the Limit was a drag, this sounds like the next level of shit.

• Paid Members

surprised Tensai didn't get a spot on the card, maybe a staredown with Ryback or something.

I thought about this recently, seen as Ryback is just steamrolling through people have Tensai come out and actually put up a fight. On the flipside of that though, if you were to do a match between the two, whoever loses will lose a ton of momentum as both are being pushed as unstoppable monsters
Fuck that, Tensai sucks. I'd have Ryback clothesline his head off his fat shoulders.

• Paid Members

To be fair, It'd only be Ryback who loses mometum as Tensai hasnt looked anywhere near as much of a monster that Ryback has. If this ever happened, I'd give the Goldberg Vs The Giant treatment. Tensai gives him a few headbutts, Ryback shakes it off, Tensai drops him with the Baldo Bomb. Tensai Turns around to give some shit to the fans, only for Ryback to nip up and clothesline the shite out of him.

• Paid Members

Not an awful PPV, but not a particularly special one either.

Battle Royal was okay for what it was: a load of nobodies thrown together for a big fun scrap. There were loads of people that I had completely forgotten even existed. Curt Hawkins? Yoshi Tatsu? Drew MacIntyre? The Usos? Tyson Kidd? Michael McGillicutty? Darren Young? Fuck me, how do these people still have jobs? Last time I saw Tyler Rex was way back in the big 7 vs. 7 elimination tag on the Raw vs. Smackdown PPV, which shows the last time he was relevant, but there he was. The fact The Miz was mixed in with the rest of this shower of shite shows how far Miz has fallen. Wasn't bad, though I'm not sure why Christian is supposed to be a good guy all of a sudden when last we saw of him he was a creepy pro-Laurinaitis heel.

Truth/Kingston vs. Ziggler/Swagger was a decent TV tag bout. Solid enough, but I'm not sure it was anything more than you can see every week on Raw for free. Also, what the hell was Vicky Guerrero thinking with that dress? Good heavens.

Didn't watch the women's match.

Sheamus vs. Orton vs. Del Rio vs. Jericho started rough and was pretty crap for the first half, really failing to keep my attention in the early hours of Monday morning. By the very end, though, I was enjoying the heck out of it. The last minute or so with all the big moves, reversals and near-falls was particularly exciting.

Brodus Clay vs. Miz was alright for a side-show mini-attraction. Inoffensive filler, and I dug Miz's dancing. Again, The Fall of The Miz has been quick and it has been harsh.

Cody Rhodes vs. Christian was flat, flat, flat. Not sure anyone could possibly care about this one, especially considering Christian was just thrown in there with no-one knowing if he was supposed to be a good guy, bad guy, or what.

CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan was really good, level for me with Bryan's match with Sheamus last month. They were given time to have the match that they wanted, and none of it fell flat or lost the audience like I thought it might. They essentially had an ROH match (in terms of the pacing and attention to detail), but modified to present it in the WWE style (more character and drama) to make it much more interesting and engaging. There's mileage left in this one.

Like Miz/Clay, Ryback vs. Camacho was perfectly acceptable filler. Looks like Ryback is moving on from no-name local jobbers to low-level WWE jobbers as his build continues. Will be interesting to see if they will keep building at this same pace feeding... him... more.... guys of this level for a while (such as almost the entire cast of the earlier Battle Royal) before moving up again, or whether they will lose patience and suddenly hot-shot him up the card before the audience is ready to accept him.

Cena vs. Laurinaitis was exactly what I was expecting to an almost ridiculous level, though I thought it was pretty good in execution. This was always going to be more of an angle than an actual match, so you won't get any complaints from me. I actually quite enjoyed it. Big Show's involvement was one of the more obvious 'twists' in recent history, to the point where I wondered if they would change it up when they realised too many people expected it (see: Kharma... Matt Hardy...). I think Cena's tremendous, and I've enjoyed Big Show more this year than in a long time, but I can't say I'm particularly fascinated by a feud between the two, unless they make it more interesting with Big Show's character during it. After all, we've already seen that Cena is able to hit Show with the FU, his finishing move, and beat him just about every time they've fought on PPV and TV for years, so it will take something extra added into the mix this time around to make me think it could be anything different.

So, as others have said, "a mixed bag". Not bad for a freebie special on Sky Sports, but I think I would have felt a bit hard done by if I'd have paid

I love how the WWE goes with Big Show helping Laurinaitis, even though it was SO obvious that's what was gonna happen, yet DON'T have Kharma come back and destroy The Bellas because they thought it was too obvious.

Anyway, aside from that I enjoyed the PPV. Nothing spectacular or stand out like last month but nothing utterly shite anyway (although the main event was never gonna have Cena look vulnerable after all the 'weakness' he showed last month)

Tag match and Womens match given decent time too, which is good.

Archived