WWE Over The Limit 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

WWE's a strange promotion these days. Judging by the writers who do interviews when they've been fired, it looks like WWE has these aspiring television writers who are fans of ROH and follow wrestling on a smart mark level as well (Dave Lagana, Andrew Goldstein, Court Bauer and all these blokes who SWEAR none of the shite was any of their fault). So you have a writing team who will play to the ROH/Internet crowd. Hence you have Heyman coming back, Brock Lesnar does his MMA inspired gimmick, Zack Ryder will win the US belt because he has a internet show, CM Punk holds the company up and walks out, The Rock will bury John Cena for all the shit the internet says about him, Daniel Bryan gets pushed and all these things. Yet at the end of these ideas, you have Vince McMahon with his iron fist saying "great idea, but Punk's going to do all these jobs and can the 'voice of the voiceless' shit, we're bringing Kevin Nash back, Zack Ryder can go whistle and Brock Lesnar ... your losing to Cena, mate".Thats what I love about Vince. No matter how much they present a new direction, he still has final say. He's a remarkable man.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been announced on WWE.COM that R Truth and Kofi Kingston are going to be putting the tag titles up against Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler. Surely Ziggler is above this? He shouldn't still be mixing around with Jack Swagger in PPV tag team matches now, I was hoping that had all ended last Autumn :(

• Paid Members

It's been announced on WWE.COM that R Truth and Kofi Kingston are going to be putting the tag titles up against Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler. Surely Ziggler is above this? He shouldn't still be mixing around with Jack Swagger in PPV tag team matches now, I was hoping that had all ended last Autumn :(

Better than not even being on the PPV or jobbing to Brodus, though. He's been booked down hill considerably since February.

• Paid Members

I'd be happy for Dolph to spend 10 months in the tags, putting the tag scene back on the map in WWE tbh. There's nowhere for him to go in the main event scene currently, he's spent too much time with everybody already in it, getting beaten and making them look great bumping around manically for too long. That's not about to change and he's not about start picking up victories anytime soon even if he is back mingling with the big dogs, so i'd like him to be kept away from it for a while. Spending time building a strong, proper tag unit with Swagger could be beneficial long term. Allowing Swagger to be seen as the weak link, generally being the guy to take the falls when necessary. So that when Ziggs does eventually break free, the message that he's above it and being held back by Vickie and Swagger is abundantly clear and he's ready to step back up and challenge the top again. Ideally i'd like them to be a proper unit up until 'Mania next year where Dolph ditches them after they lose the belts to someone and turns face to a welcome response on the grand stage.I've mentioned before if Dolph and Swagger are to be kept together i'd like to used and presented as a proper tag team. I think they'd make a grand team to have at the core of a tag division. Presented in appearance like the Minnesota Stretching Crew and playing up to the Jock + Show Off aspects of their characters to make a complete package of sometime comical bully, college-jock douchebag types i think their characters could compliment each other perfectly and provide great entertainment together. I'd like to see it anyway. Making the tag scene matter again could be decent motivation.

• Paid Members

That's all well and good, and sounds great in theory. As you say, Dolph isn't exactly going to get thrown back into the main event picture again anytime soon. The problem with the idea being that the tag division is totally dead, has been for years really, and that's primarily because Vince doesn't give a shit about it. And while that's the case, nobody is really going to benefit much from being involved with those belts. I personally like the idea, if it also involved say 3 new tag teams to go along with Truth&Kofi and Primo&Epico. You could add in a new tag team from guys from FCW. Grab a couple guys out of NXT and prsent them as a team. And then add in some more meat and potatoes with people flitting around doing nothing in particular that are below main event level. However it just won't happen. At least not in the way that it will really benefit anybody.

• Paid Members

Dolph's fell into Tito Santana's position from where I'm sitting. He's so good at making others look good, that they don't want to move him out of the role he's in. He's such a good bumper and such a great worker, they might just think his role is to make everyone else look good. He's like Bobby Eaton. Everyone wants to work with him, because he'll make them look better than what they actually are. At least if he's in the tag team division, he'll get regular wins under his belt again.

I'd like to see Ziggler and Swagger as a tag team actually doing stuff. I quite like what Titus O'Neill and Darren Young have been doing on SmackDown, and I wouldn't mind seeing them get muted/sacked and have Ziggler and Swagger do the same kind of stuff. Either way, when planning Ziggler's role in a show, the WWE creative staff should ask themselves "Is this segment/match we have planned going to mean a fucking thing to anyone other than nerds who are going to compliment his bumping?" At the moment, he means sweet fuck all to everyone but us, and that's a shame.

Archived