WWE Raw 9th April 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

hbknhhh

Raw 9th April 2012  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The opening segment had the feel of a boom period RAW or Nitro. People actually gave a shit, the punch and busted lip added to the drama perfectly.

The rest of the show nosedived from here though. To open the show with Ace talking about bringing back legitimacy in one segment then in the next the Three Stooges acting like divots complete with stupid sound effects just shows the show's are written by about eight different geeks who despise wrestling.

A wrestling company is meant to have a shared vision where everyones pulling together in the same direction and attempting to get the same target audience interested. The way the show was formatted this week balked in the face of that notion. Fuck off Gerwitz.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A wrestling company is meant to have a shared vision where everyones pulling together in the same direction and attempting to get the same target audience interested. The way the show was formatted this week balked in the face of that notion. Fuck off Gerwitz.

Reminds me of an interview I listened to with Vince Russo lately actually. He said that the creative process that WWE have doesn't work because there are so many people on it and everyone has a different vision, whereas when he was there, it was just him and Ed Ferrara writing the shows. He said that this was the main reason he left quickly when he went back for a few weeks.

Say what you want about Russo but you could tell what his vision was in the late nineties, whereas the current WWE is certainly a bit schizophrenic at times. They can't seem to decide what they want to be.

• Paid Members
I liked the Three Stooges segments, a lot of guest stars schtick doesn't work so well in a live setting but the Stooges remained firmly in character for the duration without messing up their lines or their slapstick routines. The Hogan impression was absolutely fantastic, everything from the mannerisms to the voice to the painstakingly detailed Wrestlemania 3 stuff was delivered to perfection, if you had Raw on the TV and was in the next room listening to it you'd swear that it was really Hogan. I think the WWE should just hire Will Sasso and ask him to coach some of the roster on how to cut promos. Good on him for taking the chokeslam and making it look good too.

marky_mark_wtf.gif

• Paid Members

Mind, Cena can't work but the fat lad doing a standard Hogan impersonation is the saviour of wrestling. He did get a better reception than a Davey Richards match though.

OUCH.

That's down on the week previous. It doesn't affect me in the slightest, but I can imagine they're doing the nut right now. I look forward to Batista's return.

I kind of hope this 'Mania buyrate bombs a bit. We got Lesnar being great because business is on its arse, who knows what Vince will do if that 'Mania card can't draw big business.

Cena's eternal shit eating grin enrages me, I hate how he gets sneak attacked, bloodied and battered yet still walks around with that stupid smirk on his face.

Lesnar was smiling too. Are you going to complain about that?

Lesner has F5'd and busted Cena's mouth open, of course he should be smiling. Cena got kicked in the balls on Raw but he'll no doubt come out grinning like a prick next week.

And Brock Lesnar had just got bitch-slapped. They were both in the same pull-apart brawl that got split up. If Cena's not allowed to smile, then Lesnar shouldn't be either.

One could argue that Brock, the asshole heel, would be happy at busting Cena's "pretty" face up. John Cena constantly acts like nothing's a big deal to him, he's so unlikable as a babyface yet he continues to be pushed as such, it's no wonder people are staying away in droves. I'm not saying that the companies woes rest entirely on the shoulders of one guy, but it's a big problem in an ocean of problems.

• Paid Members
And Brock Lesnar had just got bitch-slapped. They were both in the same pull-apart brawl that got split up. If Cena's not allowed to smile, then Lesnar shouldn't be either.

One could argue that Brock, the asshole heel, would be happy at busting Cena's "pretty" face up. John Cena constantly acts like nothing's a big deal to him, he's so unlikable as a babyface yet he continues to be pushed as such, it's no wonder people are staying away in droves. I'm not saying that the companies woes rest entirely on the shoulders of one guy, but it's a big problem in an ocean of problems.

Maybe Cena should have started crying and ran to the back, would that have been a better move for the company's top babyface? No, of course not. You're an idiot and Cena's bloody mouthed grin was the absolute perfect reaction, nicely followed up with that promo with Big Johnny in the back where he said that he loved a punch up and wanted more.

• Paid Members

I like Cena's grinning, always have. It's part of him and sets him aside from everyone else. It's his way of saying "You know what, fuck it, I'm not gonna let it phase me, let's do this". It's just him dropping his shoulder, dusting it off and getting on with it. He rises above hate.

Archived