WWE Raw 9th April 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

hbknhhh

Raw 9th April 2012  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And Brock Lesnar had just got bitch-slapped. They were both in the same pull-apart brawl that got split up. If Cena's not allowed to smile, then Lesnar shouldn't be either.

One could argue that Brock, the asshole heel, would be happy at busting Cena's "pretty" face up. John Cena constantly acts like nothing's a big deal to him, he's so unlikable as a babyface yet he continues to be pushed as such, it's no wonder people are staying away in droves. I'm not saying that the companies woes rest entirely on the shoulders of one guy, but it's a big problem in an ocean of problems.

Maybe Cena should have started crying and ran to the back, would that have been a better move for the company's top babyface? No, of course not. You're an idiot

That's not the only other option though, is it!

He could have looked pissed off because another part-timer on mega-money has just turned up and punched him in the mouth.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe Cena should have started crying and ran to the back, would that have been a better move for the company's top babyface? No, of course not. You're an idiot and Cena's bloody mouthed grin was the absolute perfect reaction, nicely followed up with that promo with Big Johnny in the back where he said that he loved a punch up and wanted more.

>sarcastically pitches the worst possible idea ever

>resorts to insults

The angle made Cena look like the biggest pussy ever*. He was cheapshotted by Brock last week and after stewing on this for a week someone decides that the best way Cena could react to that would be to slap Brock in the face and then let Brock smack Cena about a bit. If this had happened in real life everyone would be saying that Cena had got his head kicked in by Brock, it doesn't matter that Cena was still standing at the end, what matters is that Cena responded to a sneaky F5 with a girly slap and Brock responded to that by knocking Cena's teeth in.

Nobody wants to see Cena turning the other cheek, it's a fucking wrestling show. Who is Cena supposed to appeal to anyway? We know he likes the kids and he continually panders to the military, do kids want to see their hero getting continually beaten up? Would a soldier respond to a suckerpunch with a gentle slap? It's mental. Cena took Kane more seriously than he's taken Brock so far.

(* Let's pretend that the Sheamus thing didn't happen.)

This is a shit argument.

Especially as Cena's grin made the segment. Had he looked put out whilst Brock laughed at him he would have looked a right tit, about 400 levels beneath Brock.

Also, Cena's whole character is based on a foundation of being laid back, rising above the shit and just getting on with it. You might like it, you might not. You might like your wrestlers to get ulcers from being angry so much. But if you're going to spend your time getting worked up by tiny actions that are conducive to the overall character, you'll get the ulcers.

And he never turned the other cheek you eejit, he slapped the fucker; laughed at his reply and then launched himself at him. Cena looked a bad ass getting clumped by a UFC chp, smiling like 'is that it?' and them getting stuck back in..

I'm taking exception to the fact that Cena's top priority after getting F5'd the previous week was to slap Brock in the face. The pull apart brawl was fine, the bloody mouth was fine, everything was fine except for the setup which made Cena look like a chump and evidently the audience agrees because they're slowly but surely slipping away.

• Paid Members
He could have looked pissed off because another part-timer on mega-money has just turned up and punched him in the mouth.

But Cena loves the competition. For all the talking about how The Rock was a sell-out piece of shit, Cena didn't bitch from afar or have nothing to do with him, he wanted to beat him. It's the same here, Cena loves the competition and wants to squash the guy. I wasn't a fan of him smiling and clapping like a naive moron when Brock first turned up but I think him smiling through the bloody mouth at how things turned out last week was great.

I'm taking exception to the fact that Cena's top priority after getting F5'd the previous week was to slap Brock in the face. The pull apart brawl was fine, the bloody mouth was fine, everything was fine except for the setup which made Cena look like a chump and evidently the audience agrees because they're slowly but surely slipping away.

The bitchslap is the ultimate insult. it was the perfect response. Better than any talking or attack with weapons ever could be.

The rating was shit which means fans didn't feel the need to tune in after last week. That's nothing to do with this week. We'll find out if this week created a buzz with next week's rating.

If the fans aren't going to bother tune in to see what Brock Lesnar does after that fantastic return last week then there's really no hope, is there? People simply don't care about the product and, as I said earlier, Cena's a part of that. People can talk at length about the slap and how it made perfect sense within the realms of his character or whatever but the bottom line is that the audience is turning off and nothing the company seems to be doing is working.

• Moderators

I really can't even begin to understand how you don't think the bitchslap was fucking awesome, and the three stooges was your favourite bit of RAW.

I think you might just be an idiot. As such, I don't think you are really in the position to be making any assumptions about anyone's motivation for doing anything.

Completely unrelated question - does anyone have a gif of the kick in the nuts?

I think you might just be an idiot.

Ah, a typical counter-argument to a discussion on the UKFF; I judge everything by my own narrowminded point of view and anyone who has an opinion that differs, even slightly, to mine is wrong.

Fact: Brock's return was not enough to encourage the television audience to watch this weeks episode of Raw.

From what I can tell Raw lost something like 15% of last weeks audience on average. How can that be seen as anything less than a disaster? People talk about TNA not being able to move their ratings but the WWE seems to be in the same boat right now.

The slap didn't make sense to me. Spin it whatever way you like, call me whatever childish names you like (because you will), but I thought it was stupid and it made Cena look foolish. If a heel attacks a face I expect the face to fight back, I don't want to see the face bitch slap the heel then take five or six punches to the face. The fact that Cena still got up is irrelevant, if this had occurred anywhere other than a wrestling ring everyone would be laughing at Cena for getting his arse handed to him. In Cena I did not see a man fighting for his life that took Brock's best shot and refused to stay down, I saw a cocky smirking bastard that slapped a MMA fighter and promptly got destroyed for it. That's what I saw, which would be fine if Cena was the heel and Brock was the face, but that's not how this feud is being booked.

Childish schoolyard namecalling to resume in 3... 2... 1...

• Paid Members
I really can't even begin to understand how you don't think the bitchslap was fucking awesome, and the three stooges was your favourite bit of RAW.

I think you might just be an idiot. As such, I don't think you are really in the position to be making any assumptions about anyone's motivation for doing anything.

Completely unrelated question - does anyone have a gif of the kick in the nuts?

XhEcB.gif

From what I can tell Raw lost something like 15% of last weeks audience on average.

Their boycott will probably be really short-lived though.

Hey Pitcos, thanks for stopping by to make that same joke for the Xth week in a row. See you next week.

• Paid Members

What did happen with that, though, Vito? What made you start watching Raw again? Just a simple change of mind or were you just feeling a bit emotional when you said you wouldn't watch it ever again? Serious question.

Archived