WWE Raw 9th April 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

hbknhhh

Raw 9th April 2012  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators
I think you might just be an idiot.

Ah, a typical counter-argument to a discussion on the UKFF; I judge everything by my own narrowminded point of view and anyone who has an opinion that differs, even slightly, to mine is wrong.

Childish schoolyard namecalling to resume in 3... 2... 1...

A'ight. Fair enough. I won't call you an idiot again. You've defended your point with your own particular bizarre logic. But seemingly absolutely no one sharesanything close to your opinion/your interpretation and stance on things. So I stand by my comment that you are in absolutely no position to be making the assumptions that you do about people's motivations for their viewing patterns, or interpretting the kayfabe behaviour of wrestlers and what it says about their character.

You're not an idiot, but you're some kind of pod person and other people don't think like you and I think if you accept that the world might start to make some more sense.

Completely unrelated question - does anyone have a gif of the kick in the nuts?

XhEcB.gif

Fantastic. Thanks!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Pitcos, thanks for stopping by to make that same joke for the Xth week in a row. See you next week.

Depends, you might have decided to stop watching WWE forever again by next week's post-Raw discussion. Especially as the Three Stooges won't be on it, and Cena might do a smile.

XhEcB.gif

Now, it could be that's a fantastic piece of selling and a wonderfully pulled kick.

But I have a sneaking suspicion Brock just kicked him fucking hard square in the nuts.

• Paid Members
The Three Stooges? Fuck off. if you laughed at that, you're a cunt.

I liked the Three Stooges segments

Indeed.

Generally I thought it was a great edition of Raw. The Brock/Cena stuff is some of the best post-Mania tele that WWE has put on for years. Usually after 'Mania things slow down a little and become less interesting, but Brock coming in has given them a real shot in the arm. I'm not sure why they're not enjoying decent ratings, but perhaps as Brock becomes re-established and we find out The Rock's next movements, the ratings will improve somewhat.

I'm still a little undecided on the Punk/Jericho stuff in terms of whether I actually like it, but I can deny that it's entertaining. Punk is whining, sure, but he still cuts a better promo than many of his peers. It's an incredibly personal feud and while it's a bit hokey in places, it's interesting to watch. And at the end of the day, the soap-opera, mark junkies will hopefully become more interested in seeing the return match, and anytime these two lock up everything seems right with the world, so in that respect I'm more than happy for it to continue. As Pity said, you can have a feud every now and again which is solely about the actual belt, but you can't do it all the time. At least this angle has a little something extra to talk about, whether it's to one's tastes or not.

What did happen with that, though, Vito? What made you start watching Raw again? Just a simple change of mind or were you just feeling a bit emotional when you said you wouldn't watch it ever again? Serious question.

The funny thing is that I never actually said anything of the sort. Pitcos, who coincidentally is the only person who remembers it, just goes on and on about it every week and has been repeating it for so long that everyone now thinks it's true. I guess it's kinda sad that his life is evidently so empty that he invests such a vast amount of his time arguing with and insulting strangers over the proper way to appreciate sweaty guys in speedos pretending to fight. When you look at it from an unbiased point of view everything that occurs here on the UKFF on a daily basis is all very silly, isn't it?

I don't know what his, or anyone elses, problem is to be honest. All I've ever done is express opinions about something that I care deeply about, I don't agree with everyone's viewpoint but one thing I can say is that I've never gone out of my way to deliberately target individuals and hound them from thread to thread taking petty potshots and trying to provoke a response out them. I don't care if anyone disagrees with what I have to say as they're no more or less entitled to their views than I am, if you want to pick holes in my arguments that's cool too, I'd actually rather Pitcos (who I might add has the audacity to accuse other wrestling fans of having mental difficulties yet he's been trolling my, and other peoples, posts for months) blocked me than continue derailing perfectly good threads (like this one) for some pointless Internet vendetta that he can't let go. As a matter of fact I bet he's going to ejaculate all over his keyboard when he discovers that he's finally got a response out of me after months of perseverance.

As far as The Three Stooges thing is concerned I like old timey comedy, I grew up watching Marx Brothers, Laurel And Hardy and Charlie Chaplin films and I thought that the new Stooges were very good. I also thought Will Sasso's sendup of Hulk Hogan was excellent.

• Paid Members
The funny thing is that I never actually said anything of the sort. Pitcos, who coincidentally is the only person who remembers it

No, I'm pretty sure I remember it, too. I could be mistaken, of course, and I'm not going to search through every Raw thread trying to find your post on a Saturday, but there you go.

Also, I grew up with vintage comedy, too, and I thought they were not only a terrible attempt at doing The Three Stooges (let's face it, the originals were crap, too, and they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Laurel & Hardy) but everything they did was completely unfunny and cringeworthy and absolutely no-one was laughing and it was being shat on widely. And rightly so.

The funny thing is that I never actually said anything of the sort. Pitcos, who coincidentally is the only person who remembers it

No, I'm pretty sure I remember it, too. I could be mistaken, of course, and I'm not going to search through every Raw thread trying to find your post on a Saturday, but there you go.

I'm pretty sure that the closest I've ever come to saying anything of the sort was the time I said that I could probably skip next weeks Raw then watch the episode two weeks later and wouldn't have missed anything significant. It was said during a time when there wasn't a great deal going on an Raw and I was agreeing with the general consensus in the thread.

XhEcB.gif

Now, it could be that's a fantastic piece of selling and a wonderfully pulled kick.

But I have a sneaking suspicion Brock just kicked him fucking hard square in the nuts.

i'm going by memory here, but I remember they replayed it from another angle and you could see that it was a perfectly worked nut shot, catching him at the top of the thigh. Looked absolutely brutal though, but I can't help but feeling that the segment would have been better if Cena was smiling afterwards.

You're not mistaken. Vito's done more than one "CENA SUX, PG SUX, I'M DONE WITH WWE" post when a Raw hasn't been ROH-ish enough for him. He's known for it. He was ridiculed to tears last time he did it, by plenty of people as well (because the time he did it before that was still fresh in everyone's minds), so it's surprising he's trying to pretend he's never done it. Much like Wyclef or Coolio or whichever one of them it was, The King ain't never crossed a fool that didn't deserve it.

Archived