WWE Raw 2nd April 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

• Paid Members

The only people the crowd weren't arsed about was probably The Miz and Kofi. Sheamus got a reaction (even if it was 'fuck off, you ginger twat') and the crowd were in to Del Rio.

I was reading some of the comments on the MMA news sites about Lesnar. Lesnar has disgraced the sport, apparently. Part of me wishes he still had the belt and they did a 'real World champion' thing and Cena eventually wins clean - amazing.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

PWMalware is saying Brock's contracted to do 2 appearances per month over the next year. Like Goldberg, he'll probably be asked to appear on more episodes than that. It looks like they are setting up Rock vs Brock for next year, so maybe we will get Taker vs. Cena.

In a strange coincidence, ten years ago, Lesnar made his WWE main roster debut on Raw with Paul Heyman....the day after Wrestlemania.

Forgot about that! He debuted the following night of Mania 18 as well. How mad.

• Paid Members
PWMalware is saying Brock's contracted to do 2 appearances per month over the next year. Like Goldberg, he'll probably be asked to appear on more episodes than that. It looks like they are setting up Rock vs Brock for next year, so maybe we will get Taker vs. Cena.

Bloody brilliant news

Just watched Raw. I dont think ive EVER heard a crowd reaction as loud as that for quite some time when Lesnar's music hit. That was truely epic!

Was also funny watching the green'ed Cena fan in the front rows reaction to the F5, I hope that wasnt anyone on this board :laugh:

• Paid Members

He's probably got the sweetest deal in the history of the business. A couple of million quid for 24 (maybe a wee bit more, if he can be arsed) dates, woof!

Meltzer was saying on his audio show that he thinks Lesnar is going to be a pain in the arse to deal with too. Ridiculous just how good this deal is, shows how much business has tanked recently, I guess.

• Paid Members

What a mental deal, even more so because Brock obviously can't be arsed at all. As good as this could be (and probably will be) for business, I can imagine in a few years we'll look back at this as one of those "what the hell were they thinking" moments.

In a strange coincidence, ten years ago, Lesnar made his WWE main roster debut on Raw with Paul Heyman....the day after Wrestlemania.

Forgot about that! He debuted the following night of Mania 18 as well. How mad.

Great sig, Ian. Million dollar smiles them two.

Nifty bit of trivia about Lesnar too. Nice.

• Paid Members

I'm going to get a new arsehole torn here, I can feel it, but hey, I'm an adult, I can cope with it.

All I can say is YES! The single most over-rated man in WWE history is BACK!

Seriously, I've never 'got' Lesnar. He turned up, looked like an angry baby with a silly haircut, stuck around for 2 years, turned face/heel a bunch of times in that 2 years, botched the finish of a Wrestlemania main event, then fucked off to Vikings training camp where, I imagine, he was roundly embarrased by O-linemen straight out of college until he was cut.

OK, I'm being a wee bit facetious, but I just can't see him as some deity-esque saviour of the product, particuarly when that product was as excellent as it was 24 hours previously. I just don't think his body of work warrants it. He's not Kevin Nash, for christ's sake.

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

Amazing Raw, amazing crowd. I'm so pumped that Lesnar is back although it's clear that he's there purely for the money. But hey he's Brock frickin Lesnar. Brock vs Cena at Summerslam then Brock vs Rock for the WWE Title at Mania i'd guess.

I don't see why him being there 'just for the money' is even a talking point.

If anything the fact that there are people there fucking themselves up, in something 90% of the world don't take even slightly serious, for something other than money should be a far bigger talking point.

I bloody love professional wrestling. But, it's a ridiculous industry where young men are treated like pieces of meat; have little or no control over their likeness or image; are cornered into making decisions because of a lack of other options; are paid as little as humanly possible; aren't afforded even the basic medical care; are at the whim of the most dysfunctional corporate structure in entertainment and beyond; risk injury or death and aren't taking seriously by most of the world. Fuck it, i'd want as much money out of them as possible too.

Archived