WWE Raw 2nd April 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

• Paid Members
I don't see why him being there 'just for the money' is even a talking point.

Considering we have just come off of the Cena/Rock issue which was almost entirely based around staying in the business for the 'love' of the business and Cenas issue was that Rock didn't stick around for that...but was happy to see Lesnar and wanted to shake his hand despite all of his circumstances...i reckon it's a massive, interesting talking point.

I'm intrigued as to if it will have any relevance to TV storylines. It probably won't but i find Lesnar such a fascinating choice to head into an issue with Cena straight after The Rock due to those factors.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it wouldn't suit for everyone to be the same 'for the fans' type, good for him and like you say I'm sure he'll entertain me, I don't want him to be my best mate or anything.

It was a superb moment with a monster reaction from the excellent crowd. Lots going on on this packed show, I love post-Mania Raws like this, the last 2 or 3 have been a tad underwhelming for me, unless I've forgotten a lot.

Can't wait to see what Brock is going to get up to, it has the same feeling of business just picked up as it did when he debuted 10 years ago. A natural huge star.

I don't mean in terms of content. It probably can and will open up a tonne of interesting storyline possibility.

Though, as concerns Cena his main issue with Rock always seemed to be that he'd say he loved WWE and wasn't leaving on one hand, then would fuck off to make movies and hob nob with B list celebrities. Lesnar has never pretended to love the WWE. He left because he was sick of the fucking place and it wasn't worth it, he's back because they're paying him enough to make it worth his time.

I meant more that people are saying that that they don't care because he's in it for the money or whatever. It shouldn't affect our enjoyment whatsoever. Give a fuck what he's paid. More power to him.

• Paid Members
Brock is going to destroy Zack Ryder and it is going to be glorious.

He's surely prime target for an awesome F5 into the ring post. Odds on him being destroyed by Lesnar in front of the Ryder family ala Zach Gowen?

Is there any chance of Paul Heyman being brought in? I'd love to see him interview him at the beginning of Raw next week to give us some answers from Brock. If he could represent him, and then do some commentary here and there. I'd love that.

• Paid Members

I've watched the Lesnar debut about five times now. It isn't getting old.

I meant more that people are saying that that they don't care because he's in it for the money or whatever. It shouldn't affect our enjoyment whatsoever. Give a fuck what he's paid. More power to him.

I agree, but the details of the deal are very telling. I think Ian was going on about Vince will probably do something drastic, after the pre-'Mania ratings tanked (the go home show did a 3.0) with The Rock on all of them. Vince giving a 'wrestler' that much money for such a light schedule is pretty historic - you summed up why a post back. It smacks of desperation.

It's funny that Lesnar is here to run over the roster, get paid more than all of them (bar Cena) to work a couple of shows a month. Randy Orton will probably have a shit in someones bag over this.

I think bringing Heyman back would only add to an exciting time in wrestling.

PS This quote had me laughing for ages

Lesnar looks like he's going to tear the gym a new arsehole then eat whatever bread he likes, have a man's steak and drink a Coor's light. That's right, a Coor's light. He might even get on top of his wife tonight.

• Paid Members

Just watched Raw, fucking loved it. The way the show ended has hooked me to tune in next week and see what happens next. Thought Brock's return was spot on. He did just enough to create a buzz but also leaves you asking questions and wanting to see more.

For those who don't actively follow MMA - which I'd say is the majority of current WWE fans - it's going to be easy enough for them to talk up his achievements in UFC and gloss over the losses. They've done it with Shamrock, Tyson and the likes in the past, so why not Brock? Vince knows the score as far as that's concerned, and there's no reason why a couple of convincing defeats in MMA should put any more of a dent in his credibility for most than, say, Goldberg kicking out of his finisher and him being sent packing with a Jackhammer and a Stunner in his last WWE appearance.

Yeah and in the case of Shamrock, he was being called 'The World's Most Dangerous Man' and he'd had some right boring fights where pretty much no punches were thrown in 30 minutes. And he tapped in about 30 seconds to Royce Gracie. They still got him over as a killer in the WWF.

Obviously more people will have seen Brock's losses than Shamrock's but Brock was also fighting a higher level of opposition. No pro wrestling fan, even if they've never seen an MMA fight in their life, is gonna look at Alistair Overeem and think less of Brock for losing to someone that looks like that.

Weren't the rumours that Raw was going to set-up next years 'Mania main events? So would this mean Cena vs Brock and Rock challenging for the WWE title? I don't expect to see Brock next week or for a few weeks on the live shows and frankly hope he isn't. I'd like lots of splendid video packages though, maybe some interviews and loads of the other wrestlers being asked about him and they're feeling on his return, etc. Could be very interesting. I can't see Brock being a clearly labelled heel or face at all, which i think is the best way to go.

Yeah they don't need to force anything one way or the other. He doesn't need to play a black and white heel or face. Just have him hate everyone and do his thing and I'm sure people will get behind it.

With Brock back and Rock back on the scene the main event picture is fresher than it's been in years. They've got a few possibilties for next years main events that could work well. Rock vs Brock and Cena vs Taker would be brilliant. And Cena is one guy on the roster who I could be convinced might end the Streak so that would be interesting.

If not that then Brock vs Cena and maybe a Taker/HHH/HBK 3 way or Rock vs HBK or something like that.

Between Wrestlemania and Raw I'm more interested to see what happens next than I have been in fucking ages.

after thinking Mania was OK with some bad bits, some OK bits and a great Taker vs Hunter match I loved Raw, I loved the fact the GM aranged two title matches on TV, I wasnt bothered neither belt switched I just want to see more title matches on TV and the WWE Title match was a cracking littl match and a decent length for a TV match

I had spent all weekend saying "so what if Lesnar signs, he probably hasnt anyway" then I popped like a giddy little kid when his music hit, I always remembered his music being better than that but it obviously wasnt. I didnt realise how good the pop was as I was too busy with my own pop at the time

a cracking episode all the way through for me, I really enjoyed it and I'm pleased cos it was the last chance for me as I hadnt enjoued any WWE TV for weeks and was gonna give up. For the first time in a long time I am ready to watch next week's episode now, hopefully that momentum will carry on as it feels like 2001 since I felt like that regularly

• Paid Members

This can be a nice out, if they want that Cena turn. Fans picking the part-timers over him and that.

I've never been more optimistic of Ultimate Warrior turning up than now. When's Jeff Hardy's TNA contract up? Rhino was at the HOF.

With The Rock effectively 'back' (at least, he's on as large a schedule as they'll ever get him on), was there a bigger crossover name they could have brought back...?

Part of me thinks we're actively understating Brock's return.

The proof will be next weeks ratings, I guess.

Archived