WWE Raw 2nd April 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Lesnar looked so half arsed, with an outfit straight off jeremey Kyle .

Don't think rock watched any of mania as I got the impression he didn't get the d bryan yes chants during his promo

Good promo from cena . Now only have that he wears green to dislike about him.

I'd expected that Jericho making punk drink would be used in the mania match, with revenge at extreme rules.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I posted this already but I seem to have picked the wrong thread:

When THAT music hit I had the biggest pop that wrestling has given me for years, to the extent I actually got out of my seat and did a wee dance around the room. That was awesome! Seeing that F-5 on Cena was the thing of beauty and something I had really been wanting to happen but had just never believed it would have. I had most of the show on in the background while I worked on my dissertation but watched the final segment properly. Boy am I ever glad I did! Here comes the pain!

I noticed the crowd were brilliant all night. I love a vocal crowd with lots of entertaining chants (YES! YES YES YES!). Beats the hell out the boring subdued crowd we've become used to in WWE for the last few years, and it really adds so much to a show.

• Paid Members

The Rock was really good. Did a great job of bouncing off the crowd, who's "Yes, Yes, Yes" chants cracked me up. To start with anyway. The "vision" was a bit hollow but it'll be cool to see him back at some point.

Disappointing that Johnny Ace turned into Mr Generic Authority Character within minutes. Still, the Punk-Ace thing never really got a satisfactory finish and the match with Henry and post match angle were good. Even though Jericho fell over and then smashed the gimmicked bottle way before he got to Punk's head.

Lord Tensai was OK. Delivered everything well and looked decent. I like the "thick" body type in a wrestler, though he was verging on porky. I didn't like the generic heel scowl between moves. That isn't his fault. That's Vince 101 when it comes to monster heels. I always thought Umaga got over because he was more dynamic and interesting. He didn't do the usual "march around like a robot and scowl" stuff. A small correction that could take this up a notch.

Brodus was great, nice to see a little development. Ziggler sold that head butt incredibly.

Cena was fucking shit. Loved the "I won't backtrack, I meant every word" stuff but so disappointed that it turned VERY quickly into "I respect Dwayne Johnson, What a guy, please love me" stuff. Then pandering to the crowd and "This is why I love Raw". Pah. Boring. Luckily, here comes the pain. It's a pity it was half-expected, otherwise it would've been as massive a mark-out moment as Goldberg's debut. The F5 was great (though the moron of a director cut away from the handshake!) but it was a little under-whelming. Cena standing around like the most naive dickhead on the planet while Lesnar danced a bit. Crowd reaction was great though. Guess I just got my hopes up too much for that new nWo :laugh:

When THAT music hit I had the biggest pop that wrestling has given me for years, to the extent I actually got out of my seat and did a wee dance around the room. That was awesome! Seeing that F-5 on Cena was the thing of beauty and something I had really been wanting to happen but had just never believed it would have. I had most of the show on in the background while I worked on my dissertation but watched the final segment properly. Boy am I ever glad I did! Here comes the pain!

I noticed the crowd were brilliant all night. I love a vocal crowd with lots of entertaining chants (YES! YES YES YES!). Beats the hell out the boring subdued crowd we've become used to in WWE for the last few years, and it really adds so much to a show.

To be fair, most post-mania crowds are pretty good, given the number of travelling support.

Though, if reactions continue to improve it'll only be a great thing for the product.

Up there with the best Raw I've ever been to. Stayed sober tonight and saw it all. Rock was great, punk v Henry with added Jericho was great, Brock was off the charts, loved when he booted his stupid green hat after the f5. The crowd made tonight tho, daniel bryan was a God tonight. It was so much fun being in that crowd.

Crowds that are that shit hot, even if the in ring action is dull and they go off on their own, really boost the product for me. If I'm watching 10,000+ sat on their hands doing nothing, how am I suppose to feel excited?

Brilliant show, I hope that other crowds take note from this level of interaction.

Why can't RAW be like this every week? This show had everything: Great matches (Punk/Henry), great promos, surprise returns, debuts, storyline development, angles etc.

It's just a shame about the horrible smarky crowd that insisted on ruining everything with their shit chants, cheering for a heel who abuses his girlfriend and spoiling Lesnar's return for everyone. Seriously, fuck these morons.

That Raw was insanely awesome, thanks in part to the wonderful MSG like crowd. I digged the start when they were addressing the GM stuff like when they they were talking about the WWF/Invasion/Alliance stuff all of those years back. The crowd made The Rock's promo stay alive, even though he didn't really say that much, they really boosted it and I ended up loving the whole thing. Ziggler looked really good in his match, he sells like a pro, and I'm glad to see the Funkasaurus get involved in an actual stoyline so that I can go back to liking him. That head but he did looked really good, and the crowd loved him. Tensai's debut was brilliant, I hope he gets involved in something big sooner rather than later.

CM Punk looked like the man, becuase the crowd made him into that last night. The reactions he were getting were brilliant (in the Mark Henry match), and you could tell he was enjoying it and having fun with the match becuase of it. The two really gelled well together, and I wouldn't be against a proper PPV feud soon. Not now though, as this Jericho stuff is just getting interesting. I don't know how they haven't done the forced alcohol stuff with him before, becuase it's simple but it's incredibly effective. Jericho's slip was hilarious, but he covered it up well and didn't let it bother him. Daniel Bryan came off sounding like a huge star in the making becuase of the crowd, though I did feel a bit sorry for Sheamus becuase of it all. I felt that him and Del Rio should have worked the "YES!" and "Bryan" chants into their promo, rather than just talk over it like they would on a Smackdown taping. Cena, Rock, or any of those types of guys wouldn't ignore it. But the pelt to the face was fun to watch.

And what can I say about the ending? I don't think I was even this excited to see The Rock back. It was just bone chilling. Brock Lesnar is back! Sometimes, I really do LOVE wrestling. Brilliant show!

Why can't RAW be like this every week? This show had everything: Great matches (Punk/Henry), great promos, surprise returns, debuts, storyline development, angles etc.

It's just a shame about the horrible smarky crowd that insisted on ruining everything with their shit chants, cheering for a heel who abuses his girlfriend and spoiling Lesnar's return for everyone. Seriously, fuck these morons.

The crowd practically made the show. It's not a simple case of just cheering for the good guy anymore and it hasn't been for years.

• Paid Members

Very good show that. The post-mania crowd is always good for heat and this one was exceptionsl. It was very smarky but they didn't detract from the show and for the most part added a lot to it. They were hot for everything, and I can take some smarkiness if there's a genuinely rabid enthusiasm to go with it.

Ziggler is great and I hope he eventually gets rewarded for it. I struggle to name anyone who is working harder to make the best of the material they're given than him right now. Swagger and Vickie are dead weight for him.

I liked Brodus being given something a bit more notable to do, and he did it very well I thought.

Mark Henry vs Punk was great, and I particularly love how Henry continuously talks shit to his opponent as he beats them down. Nice to seew him back on track after getting beaten down every week during his injury. The Jericho post-match stuff was good too.

I'm not sure what to do with Sheamus. He gets good reactions most weeks but I don't really get why I'm supposed to like him. It's not entirely his fault either, I just don't think he's ever been given a chance for the audience to get to know him or what his character is. He's just a big guy who looks quite enthusiastic and has matches. I feel like he's got more personality than he gets the chance to show. I like Del Rio as a foil for him though.

A-Train looked like an absolute tit I thought. His Muta entrance gear is absurd, and he needs to not shout "Ichiban!" ever again. I was hoping for a more impressive squash too. His in-ring work did step up a notch during his Giant Bernard run, but for me personally I 'll always struggle to buy into him because he has such a ridiculous head. Shallow I know, but he is just such a ridiculous looking dude, and this gimmick only compounded it. I still think he can be a very effective monster though, so I'm curious as to who he'll end up with once he's worked through some more jobbers.

Loved all the heat for Daniel Bryan on this show. Obviously this is a more hardcore audience who were backing him extra hard as a show of rebellion, but I agree with those who have said he has great momentum coming out of mania and that the loss and the way it happened were perfect for his character. Keeping him to a very short segment where he didn't say anything was perfect as well. There was a lot to fit in on this show, and the fall out from his match deserves better than to be lost in the shuffle here. AJ is cast so perfectly in that role too.

Brock's return was tremendous of course. After mania and this show I think I may struggle to adjust to regular Raw episodes again, but I'll give it a shot.

• Paid Members

Belter of a Raw, mainly because the crowd were in to everything and in some cases made segments more entertaining.

The reaction Lesnar got was as loud as you'll hear. Someone needs to post a gif/picture of that 'Affliction guy' losing his mind. The spontaneous "holy shit" chants, as Brock circled the ring like a shark, made him seem like the baddest dude ever. Genuinely don't think they could have done better, Cena riled the crowd with his nice guy routine (at least he wasn't out there smirking like a tit), so they were desperate for someone to fuck him up. Hopefully Lesnar puts some effort in, WWE have done well by him with that re-debut.

The Rock promo was decent enough. Him vowing to return to win the WWE title is the boost the title needs.

The chants for Bryan were great fun - lets hope WWE don't turn him into The Miz. Sheamus and Del Rio are two boring tits, they need to give Sheamus something as the crowd have no real reason to get behind him.

"YES!" "S

Archived