Post a pic('s) of your pet thread

ajmcstyles

• Paid Members

This is our 13 week old Silver Rosetted Bengal we got on Saturday. The Mrs decided he would be called Jinx.

Oh, that's ridiculous. That's probably the most gorgeous cat I've ever seen.
Thanks Rosey. The Mrs was pleased to hear that. :thumbsup: Edited by martyngnr

So sorry to hear that but it doesn't sound severe enough to let her go. Not being a dog owner or expert or anything but it sounds like vertigo with motion sickness?

From what I've read up on it and the vet said, due to her age and breed, it pretty much is the end for her. He explained that its more than vertigo and can't really be cured. He also said that the ear infection wouldn't have made her this ill. I could pay out for pills that will probably give her an extra few months but the likelihood is, she'll never be the same.
Really sorry to hear that. I dread my dog reaching a point where I'm in that position, to the extent that I tear up just thinking about it.

Really sorry to hear that. I dread my dog reaching a point where I'm in that position, to the extent that I tear up just thinking about it.

I can deal with it but the rest of the family are taking it a bit hard, a close friend of my mums cried to her about it today, that's how much she is loved.There has been no change today, it was difficult to walk her this morning and she wasn't with it up until about 3pm during another walk, she seemed to perk up as she ate and responded to me but after an hour has gone back to slipping in and out of her senses. The only bright thing is that the vertigo type syndrome has died down so she can at least stand up for short amounts of time.Thanks for the kind words. Edited by Rule One

• Paid Members

So sorry to hear that but it doesn't sound severe enough to let her go. Not being a dog owner or expert or anything but it sounds like vertigo with motion sickness?

From what I've read up on it and the vet said, due to her age and breed, it pretty much is the end for her. He explained that its more than vertigo and can't really be cured. He also said that the ear infection wouldn't have made her this ill. I could pay out for pills that will probably give her an extra few months but the likelihood is, she'll never be the same.
They know best, hope you can spend some quality time with her in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

When my python Dave sheds his skin doesn't come off in one go and I have to piss about trying to bathe him to get the rest off or some stays on his head or around his eyes. Do you know of any reason this would be or is it normal? I've got two snakes and my other one (a corn snake) sheds easily and it all comes off in one go.

• Paid Members
When my python Dave sheds his skin doesn't come off in one go and I have to piss about trying to bathe him to get the rest off or some stays on his head or around his eyes. Do you know of any reason this would be or is it normal? I've got two snakes and my other one (a corn snake) sheds easily and it all comes off in one go.

Conditions have to be perfect and he has to be perfectly happy to shed all in one, it could be a number of different reasons. Pythons are fussy buggers, Corns are happy in almost any environment. The uk reptile forums are awesome for help with these things :)

• Paid Members

Cheers. I got the python off a mate who got him rescued from some shitty owner who was mistreating him. He's still got some scars on his stomach area and it looks like there's small burn marks in some places on him. He's always been a bit nervous but seems happy enough. Probably put it down to stress from the previous owner. I'll have a look at that forum though anyway.

Forgot to post in here, my dog hasn't had to be put down. She made a small recovery over the week she was taken ill. The vet said he wouldn't do it at this time because aside from noticable mental instability which is expected for her age she is still in very good shape. It confused me slightly because when she was taken in, they thought she would have to go.

He couldn't say how long she's got left but if she doesn't spaz out again it could be a while.

Edited by Rule One