Sickening Acts of Stiffness

Forrest

What's your favourite moment of squirm-inducing stiffness? The one the comes to mind straight away is Benoit vs. Regal at No Mercy 2006 and THAT chop to the massive open face wound. One of the most hideous moves I've ever seen.

Also, Regal vs. Finlay at Uncensored 1996 gives me bruises just watching it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The Vader vs Shamrock match from an In Your House PPV - easily the stiffest mainstream match I've ever seen

• Paid Members

Yeah deffo UWFI was really big in Japan in the early 90s.

If we're talking stiffness in pro wrestling you've gotta mention Vader vs Hashimoto from New Japan around 1990/91 ish I think it was. Vader stiffed him to the point he chucked up over the ring apron.

Any Vader/Steiners squash from WCW in the early 90s is worth a mention here as well. And also Road Warriors squashes in the 80s and basically any match involving Stan Hansen.

• Paid Members

That match where John Cena got a massive stotty on, while tagging with Trish Stratus is definitely up there. I couldnt blame him either.

In terms of actual contact, Rick Steiner beating the fuck out of Konnan is always fun. The one with Lash LeRoux is pretty harsh as well, because unlike Konnan, poor Lash didn't do anything and just took a kicking because Rick was in the mood to be a bully. The knee to the face was uncalled for, no matter how hilarious I find it.

Goldberg and Scott Steiner was a cracking display of two wrestlers going to war. If the people in WCW at the time had a clue, a Steiner and Goldberg feud could have been going on for about 18 months. They always had top chemistry. And they were pretty much the only things of value left in WCW at the end.

the two that come to mind to me right off the bat are ones i've seen live first hand.

Low Ki vs Sami Callihan at JAPW

this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viIu2213s_o

being there live and seeing it first hand....fooooking hell lol

2nd would probably have been arik cannon vs sami callihan at evolve 4

...i see a pattern here lol

Goldberg and Scott Steiner was a cracking display of two wrestlers going to war. If the people in WCW at the time had a clue, a Steiner and Goldberg feud could have been going on for about 18 months. They always had top chemistry. And they were pretty much the only things of value left in WCW at the end.

That period where Scott was in the mask, I considered him one of the best things in wrestling. He was excellent on the mic at this point in time (and I mean excellent - not the ironic kind of "excellent" people go on about his TNA run calling people fat that was so lolz) he had a reputation at the time of being a badass in the locker room knocking the shit out of DDP and being uncontrollable in reality - so seeing him go against Bill fn Goldberg in a super stiff match like their Fall Brawl classic which was one of the top 5 matches of 2000 was realistic and you could totally buy into it.

On a side note, I remember at this exact time period being 15 at the time walking home from school listening to my trusty cassette / radio combination and on the radio an advert for Nitro on Bravo came on, which was Scott Steiner doing a 10 second spot. I'd love to hear this again if anybody had a link...

• Paid Members
He was excellent on the mic at this point in time (and I mean excellent - not the ironic kind of "excellent" people go on about his TNA run calling people fat that was so lolz)

Who's being ironic about that? Examples please or are you just baiting?

He was excellent on the mic at this point in time (and I mean excellent - not the ironic kind of "excellent" people go on about his TNA run calling people fat that was so lolz)

My sentence doesn't exactly need expanding on, it's fine as it is.

• Paid Members

My sentence doesn't exactly need expanding on, it's fine as it is.

No it isn't. You said the love for that period of Steiner's career was "ironic" and I want to know which people are being ironic about it.

Archived