Sickening Acts of Stiffness

Forrest

He was excellent on the mic at this point in time (and I mean excellent - not the ironic kind of "excellent" people go on about his TNA run calling people fat that was so lolz)

Who's being ironic about that? Examples please or are you just baiting?

My sentence doesn't exactly need expanding on, it's fine as it is.

No it isn't. You said the love for that period of Steiner's career was "ironic" and I want to know which people are being ironic about it.

My next door neighbours disabled twins, Morgan and Keith. I'll tell them you were asking.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
No it isn't. You said the love for that period of Steiner's career was "ironic" and I want to know which people are being ironic about it.

My next door neighbours disabled twins, Morgan and Keith. I'll tell them you were asking.

Didn't think so. Never mind, eh.

Quite very clearly...

• Paid Members
I don't remember anyone having anything other than genuine love for Scott's promos, they were awesome, no need for irony.

I fucking love Scott Steiner promos, best in the business.

Agreed, I don't really see much of a difference, if any, between Steiner then and now and Steiner back in his solo run WCW days as regards his promos. He's always been a loose cannon who gives the impression he just goes out there and says whatever the fuck he wants. If you loved them then you would love them now - it's the same Steiner.

I remember two accounts of 'stiffness' however watched on youtube lol

The Infamous Dark Match Between Perry Saturn Vs Mike Bell

&

The Iron Sheik getting a boner before applying the camel clutch whilst wrestling the hulkster. :omg:

I seem to remember a lot of the Marty Jones/Rollerball Rocco matches having a lot of very nasty shots in them, maybe a testament to their good work but those forearms looked vicious at times.

Steiner showed in the feud with Lashley that he's clearly a man who knows what he's doing. That stuff was pretty fucking great for what Lashley is capable of producing.

His segments about being in the main event mafia while the group cleary had dissolved were also gold. It all got sidetracked a bit when Flair came in and Steiner was out of the picture for a while for not wanting to work with Flair, so said the dirtsheets...

• Paid Members
Goldberg and Scott Steiner was a cracking display of two wrestlers going to war. If the people in WCW at the time had a clue, a Steiner and Goldberg feud could have been going on for about 18 months. They always had top chemistry. And they were pretty much the only things of value left in WCW at the end.

I always thought Steiner taking everybody out was building to Goldberg v Steiner. One of the many reasons why WCW folding makes me a bit maudlin.

The I Quit match Cena and Orton had a couple of years back was rough on poor John boy. I remember one part where he was taking kendo shots to the gut/rips, with his hands handcuffed to the ring post.

Two puro matches Ive watched recently have been insanely stiff. Morishima vs Hashi from last year is five minutes of both of them doing nothing but stiff slaps and forearm shots. Crazy.

Also, I watched a 2002 Zero-1 match between Kikuchi and Hoshikawa, where at the start of the match, Kikuchi sits on his arse and no sells about 10 of the stiffest kicks possible to his chest. Hoshikawa was kicking as hard as he could, which makes Kikuchi's no sell even funnier.

I don't think he's planning on sticking round for long, he's not even bothered to pick an avatar.

Archived