Sickening Acts of Stiffness

Forrest

Can't have a thread like this without mentioning Davey Richards vs Zebra Kid from KOE: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgot3q_da...zebra-kid_sport. We had to mention that things had happened backstage on commentary as we couldn't really cover it up!!!

What's the story there then? That looked like they were trying to shoot fight each other for the first 5 minutes! I can't listen to the commentary as I'm at work.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The story that did the rounds was that upon meeting Zebra, Davey (with about 4 years under his belt) said something to the effect of, "Don't worry, I'll lead you through it. Just do what I tell you to".

Zebra Kid (with about 15 years experience) didn't appreciate this.

• Paid Members
Can't have a thread like this without mentioning Davey Richards vs Zebra Kid from KOE: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgot3q_da...zebra-kid_sport. We had to mention that things had happened backstage on commentary as we couldn't really cover it up!!!

Zebra Kid sure like to clap, doesn't he?

Just watched the ladder match from Wrestlemania X and the shots with the ladder are rough. Especially the shot where Michaels throws the ladder at Razor and it catches him on the base of his back. No protection, or pulling the move. Just launching a bloody bit metal at someones spine. They sure earned their pay that night. :)

Davey completely no-sold a pilderiver on the merch table and seemed to be running away from Zebra at several points in the match.

Apparently Richards also had 'issues' that he was facing someone who was, at the time, on weekend release from prison, and mentioning that at the start of the match so that Zebra could hear him might not have been the wisest move either.

I seem to recall 1PW booked Sam Slam and Zebra Kid v Roderick Strong and Davey Richards a couple of years later.

Sadly Richards missed the show due to a 'car accident'. Hmm.....

• Paid Members

I actually enjoyed Davey Richards when he came over and teamed with Super Dragon on a PWG show. Ever since that, it's been downhill - I thought he was a great, scrappy foil in the one match, but he's come to represent all that I don't care for in the indeez. Anyone that no-sells a piledriver and isn't Samoan should get a slapping from Harley Race; I never bought it from Hawk, I'm not buying it from Richards.

Does Davey Richards miss a lot of shows? Just based on what I've read on here, he seems to have been pulled from about 50 UK shows because he double-booked himself that night or something.

April 08, missed his flight as was in a 'car crash'.

March 10, injured himself at a wXw afternoon show in the states so flew back home rather than to England.

March 11, double books himself with a NYC fed over going to England.

April 12, pulls from the NWE show for NJPW.

Also, from what I heard, he was going to be booked in Dec 10 but before he was announced, he pulled out with NJPW commitments.

Sickening act of stiffness? By a wrestler? James Wallace of course.

We're not going down that path, are we? Cos that's a bad road, and there are picture of Renee Dupree lining it.

I know, it was such an obvious crap comment that I was surprised no one had said. I now realize the reason no one said it is because it is so obviously crap!

Archived