Who's an arsehole in real life?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Dominick Diamond (yes, from gamesmaster) has an ego you could park a car in

No! Don't say that. He offered Roy Keane a fight on live telly. Cockish bravado or not, he openly hates that tit. He'll do for me.

would it make you feel better to know Dave Perry (the bandana wearing one, not earthworm jim) was even worse during the gamesmaster days

He probably needed bring down a peg which brings me to this classic clip.

To this day he still complains about it in interviews.

• Paid Members
I was looking around the stands at the London Film & Comic Con a few years ago when I spotted Bill Oddie, who was slowly walking about and taking a break from signing/looking like Wrestling Superstar Virgil. A young woman walked up to him to say hello, to which he replied "You can meet me over there" and indicated towards his unpopular signing station. She remained upbeat and asked if she could take a picture of him, to which he stood still and looked elsewhere. It was most odd to see a man who, in my childhood, appeared to be a friendly bearded plant lover turn out to be a bitter, ungrateful twat to probably the only person that day who was excited to see him.

Bill Oddie is an arehole on the telly, never mind in real life.

Paul Merson was an arsehole when we had him at our dinner. Lee Sharpe was the greatest guy you ever met.

I was looking around the stands at the London Film & Comic Con a few years ago when I spotted Bill Oddie, who was slowly walking about and taking a break from signing/looking like Wrestling Superstar Virgil. A young woman walked up to him to say hello, to which he replied "You can meet me over there" and indicated towards his unpopular signing station. She remained upbeat and asked if she could take a picture of him, to which he stood still and looked elsewhere. It was most odd to see a man who, in my childhood, appeared to be a friendly bearded plant lover turn out to be a bitter, ungrateful twat to probably the only person that day who was excited to see him.

Bill Oddie is an arehole on the telly, never mind in real life.

Paul Merson was an arsehole when we had him at our dinner. Lee Sharpe was the greatest guy you ever met.

That's a shame. When I met Paul Merson in a club in Brum (surprisingly he was stone cold sober!!) he was a class act. We spoke for a good while about Villa and the fact they'd just bought Darren Bent and he was happy to pose for pictures. In fact I only said bye to him after a bunch of pissheads cottoned onto who he was.

• Paid Members
My mum said that Nicholas Parsons was a real twat at a dinner she was at in the 80s, but when she told him to not try to be "on", he settled down.

Nicholas Parsons is a disgrace, he got all worked up to the point of being in tears in the video shop I used to work in. It was a truly pathetic sight.

My mum said that Nicholas Parsons was a real twat at a dinner she was at in the 80s, but when she told him to not try to be "on", he settled down.

Nicholas Parsons is a disgrace, he got all worked up to the point of being in tears in the video shop I used to work in. It was a truly pathetic sight.

Did you then hit him in the face with a fire extinguisher?

I don't know whether modern footballers should be admissible seeing as it's becoming a rarity to hear of one who's not an arsehole, but I doubt you'll find many people in the north east with a good word for Kieron Dyer. He was reviled by Sunderland and Newcastle fans alike for his nocturnal exploits while he was up here, with most stories revolving around doing stuff like setting fire to

And Dominick Diamond (yes, from gamesmaster) has an ego you could park a car in

No! Don't say that. He offered Roy Keane a fight on live telly. Cockish bravado or not, he openly hates that tit. He'll do for me.

would it make you feel better to know Dave Perry (the bandana wearing one, not earthworm jim) was even worse during the gamesmaster days

He probably needed bring down a peg which brings me to this classic clip.

To this day he still complains about it in interviews.

I can actually tell you the story behind that. For that xmas special, they had all the pundits in to do a games quiz. Perry, wanting to keep up his rep as the "ultimate games animal" (whatever that is) asked the producer of the show, what all the questions were gonna be. The producer said no, so Perry says he's not doing the show unless he knows what the questions are.

Jayne Hewland -owner of the production company- says to Perry, if he doesn't do the show, she'll personally make sure he never works in TV ever again. So he does the quiz, but no without Dominick Diamond finiding out first. So Dom deciedes he's gonna tuck Perry up for his diva behaviour. If you watch the special, you'll notice Dom's mate: Kurt Ewing, gives any old answer in the quiz and Dom gives him a point. Then to Mario 64, which Ewing had been playing, on import, as research for the game he was working on (the rotten earthworm jim 3D or it might have been bubsy 64) and Perry had never played before, which is why he was saying he'd been stictched up

• Paid Members

Did you then hit him in the face with a fire extinguisher?

Oh, is that why no one believed me? I never connected with the fire extinguisher, I swung it at someone's head but it was a good 6 inches away, I was just trying to scare them.

Anyway Nicholas Parsons wanted to rent a film (sorry don't remember what it was but it was a newish one at the time) and we only had it to rent on DVD, he threw a proper wobbly because he didn't have a DVD player and was going on about how he'd rented videos from us for years and it wasn't fair, I then noticed we actually had the VHS version for sale second hand (as we were getting rid of all our cassettes) it was only

I can actually tell you the story behind that. For that xmas special, they had all the pundits in to do a games quiz. Perry, wanting to keep up his rep as the "ultimate games animal" (whatever that is) asked the producer of the show, what all the questions were gonna be. The producer said no, so Perry says he's not doing the show unless he knows what the questions are.

Jayne Hewland -owner of the production company- says to Perry, if he doesn't do the show, she'll personally make sure he never works in TV ever again. So he does the quiz, but no without Dominick Diamond finiding out first. So Dom deciedes he's gonna tuck Perry up for his diva behaviour. If you watch the special, you'll notice Dom's mate: Kurt Ewing, gives any old answer in the quiz and Dom gives him a point. Then to Mario 64, which Ewing had been playing, on import, as research for the game he was working on (the rotten earthworm jim 3D or it might have been bubsy 64) and Perry had never played before, which is why he was saying he'd been stictched up

Actually Perry had played it before, what he is trying to do is go for a shortcut, but he fucks it and Perry is a whiney bitch.

The Proclaimers put a bee/wasp in a jar and chased my ma around with it in primary school, so, them!

Mick Foley's a miserable bastard.

Been to three Mick signings now. The first two (TWC International Showdown meet and greet thing and TNA Maximum Impact) he was a miserable, miserable bastard but at his stand up show last week he came across pretty sound. Perhaps he just puts it on when he has something to sell?

This won't surprise anyone, because his on screen persona is so loathesome, but Ricky Gervais is every bit as much of a cunt in real life as you'd presume. He lived not far from where I worked in Bloomsbury, and would frequently see him walking about the area. Never once did he grant anyone an autograph or a photo and would routinely tell people to fuck off before they'd even finished asking.

• Paid Members

I dont get why anyone would refuse an autograph. If you are that into yourself, it would be a great opportunity to have a 30 second conversation about how great you are. That was always Chris Eubank's thing. He's even said he signs autographs as much for himself as it is the other person. Eubank carries 8x10's around in his leather suitcase and hands them out to people. He likes the attention.

Bret seemed to be like that when I met him. He seemed to be up for a chat, which pleased me no end, but my verbal penis sucking must have made him have a good day. "Good for the soul" was how he described getting treated with affection from his supporters.

Archived