Who's an arsehole in real life?

IANdrewDiceClay

People in particular who were nob heads

-Jamie Roberts who plays rugby for Wales

-Mike Phillips who plays rugby for Wales

Phillips I can quite believe. Unless you're a pretty blonde, in which case he of course is a complete gentleman. Seems like every decent looking girl who has ever been to Cardiff somehow ends up with a photo of Phillips in the corresponding Facebook album documenting that night out. What kind of dickhead gets himself floored by bouncers... outside a McDonalds?

Speaking of Welsh rugby, Alix Popham was (at least, at his peak of playing for Wales) a complete bellend to anyone/everyone who approached him. Once told a kid asking for an autograph to fuck off; one of the Pacific Island boys (Manu or Afeaki, I forget which) got wind of it and marched him back to sign the autograph.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At a WWA show in 2002, Mike Sanders had admittedly came out after to sign a few autographs, but when we asked if we could get a picture with him he pulled a face like i'd farted and said "You can take a picture OF me". He then proceeded to stand and look as smug as possible until we took the pic and he walked away. Rather arseish, i thought.

I met Hillbilly Jim before WrestleMania 21 at a Ron Simmons/Chris Nowinski signing and he was awesome, real nice guy and had time for everyone.

My main encounters with celebrities have been in nightclubs where I have approached the famous people and they have all acted like dick heads. Although they could be forgiven for just wanting to enjoy their night and not get hassled by other men.

People in particular who were nob heads

-Jamie Roberts who plays rugby for Wales

-Mike Phillips who plays rugby for Wales

-Michael Bisping

Also, I met Randy Jackson (MMA Trainer) and he was a top class guy, great person.

Randy Jackson, off of American Idol?

Whoops, slight slip up there, his true gentlemen ways does not deserve such an error from myself. Sorry Greg.

The Horrorpops. I put them on at a local pub a few years back when they'd just been off supporting the Offspring around Europe. Apparently this had gone to their heads, as they wandered in with a ridiculous laminated folder checking off whether their (massively excessive) rider was correct, and so forth, and were utterly shitty about everything- the stupid number of towels onstage for them weren't soft enough and such shite. Really thought they'd hit the bigtime and were too good to be playing in a small venue. The only one that was remotely pleasant all night was Patricia, the singer, who had a sore throat and was genuinely really grateful and apologetic when I ended up running around town trying to find a jar of honey to help her voice. Given that just a few weeks earlier we'd had another band playing and Topper fucking Headon had played drums for a couple of songs and was genuinely humble, friendly and approachable, their behaviour upset me, knowing that they'll never even come close to what he's achieved.

Bucket from the Toasters also had a real rockstar air about him when they turned up but he loosened up and was a really nice guy by an hour or so later.

Actually, I went to see Enter Shikari once in the Joiners (don't blame me my flatmates told me they were good), there lead singer jumped into the audience and knocked a kid out cold. Cunt never apologised or acknowledged it, though it freaked out a whole part of the audience, just kept singing. That was bad. It was an accident probably but several people had to leave, the kid had to be carried out by two men and his girlfriend was beside herself.

• Paid Members

One of the worst attitudes I've experienced was from a two-bit, one minor hit wonder, dance act who thought we should be fawning over them, but I can't remember who they were. I'd never heard of them before, nor since.

The fact that our chain of dingy nightclubs had an exclusive contract with them for appearances should have hinted to them that they weren't exactly big time.

not really a celeb, but I know of a couple of pro boxers who are right pricks "Dont you know who I am?", as well as getting into fights on the lash. One of them was Lee McAllister, but I dont really want to go into the others as we have mutual pals (I am actually known as HeavyT in real life)

So many of these stories need expanding on.

Timmy Mallett wasn't so much an arsehole, but a total pervert.

Let's hear it.

We had a skit lined up on stage, where he did his shtick, and two lasses who worked there came out and basically ran around stage. He, in his infinite wisdom decided last minute they should ditch the t-shirts and run around in their bras. Mixed with some other creepy like comments before he went out on stage, it got rather weird rather quickly. The two lasses did decide to go on stage in their bras though...to this day, I don't know why and neither do they.

I have a Timmy Mallett is a perv story too, a met him a few years at some student night, my friend and I being huge Wackaday fans as kids asked him for his autograph and he said yes but only if he could sign our breasts

Archived