Who's an arsehole in real life?

IANdrewDiceClay

I can actually tell you the story behind that. For that Xmas special, they had all the pundits in to do a games quiz. Perry, wanting to keep up his rep as the "ultimate games animal" (whatever that is) asked the producer of the show what all the questions were gonna be. The producer said no, so Perry says he's not doing the show unless he knows what the questions are.

Jayne Hewland (owner of the production company) tells Perry if he doesn't do the show she'll personally make sure he never works in TV again. So he does the quiz, but not without Dominick Diamond finding out first. So Dom decides he's gonna tuck Perry up for his diva behaviour. If you watch the special, you'll notice Dom's mate Kirk Ewing gives any old answer in the quiz and Dom gives him a point. Then to Mario 64, which Ewing had been playing on import as research for the game he was working on (the rotten Earthworm Jim 3D or it might have been Bubsy 64) and Perry had never played before, which is why he was saying he'd been stitched up

Actually Perry had played it before, what he is trying to do is go for a shortcut, but he fucks it and Perry is a whiney bitch.

The other funny thing about that is that Kirk, despite having clearly played the game before, fucks it right up. If Perry had just done it properly he'd have battered him.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Met Eubank once, he hit on my sister in Brighton. My parents have seen him down there a couple of times- once driving his massive truck and another riding one of them silver kids scooters. As fucking eccentric as he is, he is a bloody sound guy. But yeah, loves the attention.

He's even said he signs autographs as much for himself as it is the other person. Eubank carries 8x10's around in his leather suitcase and hands them out to people. He likes the attention.

This reminds me of someone who was on the other end of the scale relative to Gervais - Wendy Richard. I asked her for an autograph when I spotted her in West London; she apologised for being too busy to stop for a chat so instead asked me for my address so she could send an autograph to me. A few days later, posted special delivery at her own expense, an 8x10 personally made out to me. What a class act.

Mick Foley is a miserable bastard, the rumours are true. When I met him he was nothing like the bubbly and warm person you expect him to be from his books and on TV.

Phil Taylor is meant to be a prize prick from what I hear, although I have never met him personally despite only living a stones throw away at one point.

I have also heard Michael Bisping is as bad as he comes across on TV, so the story a few pages back is no suprise.

• Awards Moderator
I'm not saying I don't believe your story but how could taking your name and address possibly take less time than scribbling W Richard on a piece of paper? That's mental.

I think it's the fact that she sent a signed photo in lieu of being able to stop and chat. Of course, she could have just signed a bit of paper in the time it took to take the address down, but by the sounds of it she liked giving more time than that to her fans so she went out of her way to do something to make up for not being free.

At least, that's how I interpreted it!

Met Eubank once, he hit on my sister in Brighton. My parents have seen him down there a couple of times- once driving his massive truck and another riding one of them silver kids scooters. As fucking eccentric as he is, he is a bloody sound guy. But yeah, loves the attention.

According to one of my mum's old work mates who was pretty hot, he followed her on the underground once. On the subject of boxers, she also had a voicemail from Audley Harrison apparently saying all the things he wanted to do to her in the bedroom.

• Paid Members
This reminds me of someone who was on the other end of the scale relative to Gervais - Wendy Richard. I asked her for an autograph when I spotted her in West London; she apologised for being too busy to stop for a chat so instead asked me for my address so she could send an autograph to me. A few days later, posted special delivery at her own expense, an 8x10 personally made out to me. What a class act.

Groomed.

I'm not saying I don't believe your story but how could taking your name and address possibly take less time than scribbling W Richard on a piece of paper? That's mental.

At the time I thought it a bit odd, but was very apologetic and polite about being in a rush so I wasn't going to press the issue. I wonder - perhaps she was precious about signing tatty old notebooks? (the only thing I had on me to sign at the time)

• Paid Members

According to one of my mum's old work mates who was pretty hot, he followed her on the underground once. On the subject of boxers, she also had a voicemail from Audley Harrison apparently saying all the things he wanted to do to her in the bedroom.

She married?

My main encounters with celebrities have been in nightclubs where I have approached the famous people and they have all acted like dick heads. Although they could be forgiven for just wanting to enjoy their night and not get hassled by other men.

People in particular who were nob heads

-Jamie Roberts who plays rugby for Wales

-Mike Phillips who plays rugby for Wales

-Michael Bisping

Also, I met Randy Jackson (MMA Trainer) and he was a top class guy, great person.

Think I've been lucky, most celebs I've met have been nice and friendly. Worst I found was Bully Ray, who was just stand offish.

My dad tells a story of how he met Orlando Bloom in a pub along with Kevin Spacey (who's lovely, if not quite camp) and he was all scruffy and barged into my dad walking down some stairs, nearly knocking my dad down, and never said a word. So I'd say he's an arsehole.

• Paid Members
My main encounters with celebrities have been in nightclubs where I have approached the famous people and they have all acted like dick heads. Although they could be forgiven for just wanting to enjoy their night and not get hassled by other men.

People in particular who were nob heads

-Jamie Roberts who plays rugby for Wales

-Mike Phillips who plays rugby for Wales

-Michael Bisping

Also, I met Randy Jackson (MMA Trainer) and he was a top class guy, great person.

Randy Jackson, off of American Idol?

• Paid Members
Kevin Spacey (who's lovely, if not quite camp)

Have to disagree with this, met Spacey a couple of times and he was a complete wanker the first time and highly irritable the second. Heard from others who have interviewed him multiple times that his mood is subject to change though in general if there's no camera on him he's a prick 9/10 times.

Phil Taylor is lovely. A few years back I was throwing in the City Darts in Shoreditch when this fat bugger walked right in front of me as I was lining up. Obviously I was a bit annoyed so I said something along the lines of "Fucking move would you?" before realising it was The Power. He immediately apologised and politely stood to the side to wait for me to throw. I did so, got about 41 or something and jokingly blamed the bad score on him putting me off. An hour later after I threw another turd score he appeared out of nowhere, slapped me on the back and said I couldn't blame that shit on him!

The git.

Archived