NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I’m surprised they’re making Jax finish with the leg drop considering how much they’re distancing themselves from Hogan. The announcers did it at Survivor Series, discussing Hogan’s history but not actually mentioning Hogan by name (I can’t remember the context, as I wasn’t the most alert at around 3–4 am).

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

The announcers did it at Survivor Series, discussing Hogan’s history but not actually mentioning Hogan by name (I can’t remember the context, as I wasn’t the most alert at around 3–4 am).

"The Immortal One", I think.

Aye. Can’t remember what they were discussing though for them to start talking about him, though.

EDIT: Remembered: it was during the Brothers of Destruction match, talking about Undertaker and he defeated “The Immortal One” for the WWF Championship in ‘91.

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

Just watched this week’s episode. Had a chuckle between the exchange between Rich Brennan and Corey Graves during Jesse Sorenson’s entrance.

“This is a surprise!”

“Jesse Sorenson, here in NXT.”

“Why? Where else would he be?”

Also, on an unrelated note, I’m really impressed with Dana Brooke. She’s come leaps and bounds since her début.

• Paid Members
Also, on an unrelated note, I’m really impressed with Dana Brooke. She’s come leaps and bounds since her début.

Agreed. Fish Fingers has really improved. Looking forward to seeing her at Blackpool.

• Paid Members

Dana is improving at a great rate, but was better from the very beginning than anybody was giving her credit for.

That main event was a mini-masterpiece given Eva Marie's in-ring abilities are still pretty basic. She is a brilliant character, though. Would definitely have been too soon to switch the title, but hope her development continues in this positive direction. It's just so refreshing to see somebody with heat in wrestling today.

What a great show! A few thoughts:

It was nice to watch a show and know who the heels were and have babyfaces who weren’t dicks. I don’t think the crowd had really taken to Joe’s turn until after he blindsided Finn which left no further doubts.

Loved the return of Enzo and Cass and didn’t expect it at all. I liked Enzo wearing all black and it was a great touch to show that they had serious beef with Dash and Dawson.

The main event was just like those gloriously overbooked attitude-era matches that they don’t do enough of anymore. Eva Marie’s ring gear ;)

Dana Brooke is improving but I would still prefer to see Emma v Asuka. Emma looked badass in their segment.

Elias Samson’s voice sounds like Leonard Cohen – interested in this gimmick now and I can’t wait for the return of Sami Zayn. Maybe Joe wins the belt to setup a Joe v Sami feud?