NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Jackson Riker wouldn’t be a terrible ring name if it weren’t so horrendously misspelled. The Forgotten Sons’ music is very 2005 TNA too. I still like old Gunner though. Think he’d be better off doing a plain old powerbomb as a finish rather than that rope bouncy silliness. They’re supposed to no nonsense guys, aren’t they?

Not much to add to the comments above about Pete vs Ricc. From the moment it was announced as title vs title I’d have bet my house on it ending with a UE run in for the double DQ , but it was a hell of an exhibition.

• Awards Moderator

A few interesting things on this show relating to what people are discussing in the ‘How would you present Raw?’ thread.

On the one hand, this week’s show gave us a reason to tune in next week (Keith Lee, Lars vs EC3), and the week after (Cole vs Ricochet vs Dunne) and the week after that (Era vs Raiders).

On the other, in theory Ciampa vs Dozovic could have been a perfect example of how to do the ‘tiered’ approach to the roster that WWE proper is so sorely lacking. Position your Champion as a level or three above the tag team midcarder but give him enough to make you think he could move up to that level someday. In practice you got the tag team midcarder thrashing and dominating your Champion for most of the match which, to me, made Ciampa look weak more than it made Dozer look strong. I’m not saying it should have been Triple H vs Taka but I was hoping for more than ‘Ciampa gets squashed and only just sneaks a win’. Shit, if Dozovic can come that close to beating him, how crap must Johnny Gargano be for failing to do it?

• Awards Moderator
5 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

You can spin that as Ciampa not taking Otis seriously and being unprepared and almost embarrassed as a result. I haven't seen the match yet so I'm not sure if they tried that or not.

Yeah, that’s the positive way to look at it I guess! My view might have just been coloured from reading that Raw presentation thread a few minutes before - the idea may have just been fresh in my mind so that’s what I saw.

EC3's not exactly a showy wrestlers but he and Lars had an ok match there, they were both banged up by the end.

Not sure what they're doing with EC3, he loses quite a lot of his matches.  He may be treading water until a call up to the already-stacked main roster I suppose.

Literally every storyline in NXT is related to or caused by the attack on Black and resulting injury.  Talk about turning a sow's ear into a silk purse!  

Edited by Loki

8 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Lacey Evans is shit, her look, her music, her ability.

Yet she seems to win every match she’s involved in.

She's proper proper shit, but you missed her worst quality - that her finisher is a punch as if she's the bloody Big Show