WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Hender

I thought it was a pretty mediocre show. The Raw Elimination Chamber wasn't very good at all, definetely one of the poorest ones they've done. Ziggler was great again but that Jericho spot completely killed off any momentum that the match might have had. It's weird with Jericho, he's one of my favourites but I really can't get into him since his return. And that jacket he wears is tacky as hell. After that, the Diva's title match was okay for what it was.

The Swagger/Gabriel match was shoddily thrown together and shouldn't have been on the card at all. I thought Swagger was alright a few years ago but he's been bloody awful for ages now. Bring back the Swagger Soaring Eagle I say! The Big Johnny segment was slightly cringey. Loads of people seem to like him, but Johnny Ace is awful. Okay, he does make me laugh quite a bit with his mannerisms and stuff that he comes out with, but the way he mumbles and bumbles through all of his lines is embarrasing to watch sometimes. Great to see Del Rio and Christian back as well. Also I thought Otunga was brilliant for the short time he was on-screen. Not been a fan of the guy in the past, but he's been slowly growing on me over the last couple of months.

I really enjoyed the Smackdown Elimination Chamber match. Bryan was outstanding in it and Big Show really pulled out a big performance as well. Santino nearly winning the thing was ace, great to see how over he was with the crowd. He's easily one of the most entertaining performers they've got on the roster so it's nice to see him get mini-pushes here and there. As it's been mentioned, he could easily compete for the IC belt and be a credible contender. After that the main event was as pretty shite. Not really a fan of the whole brawling around the arena thing and this didn't really help to sway my opinion. At least it ended a shit feud.

Also, they shouldn't have put those Rock/Cena vignettes on. I know the match at 'Mania has to be built up, but I don't think it should be at the expense of 10 minutes of PPV time.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elongating the stuff I put regarding the PPV last night.

The opening chamber match was, matchy with added extra matchy.

Seriously, I'm not sure if its the concept or the way in which the matches are constructed but there is something different about it. I seem to recall the original one for SS all the Elimination Chamber participants had claims to the title and feuds hither and thither.

These ones were mainly a bunch of contenders thrown together, which was annoying

Raw Chamber MOM was Kofi, was getting battered and bruised like a mofo but got in some good offence, liked the double springboard spot with Punk as a nice variant of the old criss cross and double clothesline things. Billy Gunn looked good as well, though him not winning anything is going to send him into Swagger territory eventually if things dont change

Women's match was quite decent I thought which I dont often say. Tamina, looks okay I suppose and I actually gave a shit what happened in the match so that has to be a bonus

The JL stuff was utterly pointless, unless as speculated in Chat its leading to a 6/8man at rumble Raw vs Smackdown GM stuff. Hope it lasts longer than the multiman match last year.

Smackdown Chamber was awful for most of it. Khali was pointless and was struggling to stand before getting in and getting eliminated. MOM was probably Wade as he went about looking like a bad ass, some cool spots and wreaking havoc, only for Santino to pin him. The ending I found myself getting into, even though I knew it wasnt going to happen. The 'comedy segments' before the match, were cack though, which leads me on to more comedy.

Natalya farting, cheese jokes and a shit match involving Swagger and whatever. There is enough time to add something to the bill before hand so adding these cack matches at the last minute isnt doing anything. If it was matches with wrestlers who people gave a shit about it might work occassionally, but bore off already.

Cena vs Kane, was well awful.. I wasnt expecting MOTY but criminally it was boring and nothing really jumped out and bit me.. AA of the Amublamps was dire as well.

With this being the last PPV before mania there was much they could do to start cementing feuds or indeed, put in the odd surprise. Instead it felt nothing more glamorous than an extended Raw.. and that cant be good. After a run of cracking B shows and PPV's last year, the downward spiral since the end of SS or even Vengence. There have been high spots within the PPV's but many of them havent been a step out of the ordinary and that has to be a worry

• Paid Members
This was spoken about weeks ago on WOL, as well, because Vince has had cold feet on the Jericho vs Punk feud ever since Jericho came back and created zero interest. I wonder if they do change it, what the shake up will be? Add Orton to the match maybe? I guess if they have changed direction, we'll find out tonight.

I'd much, much rather see Punk/Orton. Even if we have seen it before, and pretty recently. I dunno how you'd get there though. The only way I can think is that Johnny Ace, in his desperation to get the belt off Punk, brown noses Orton and sways him with the title shot. It's not great because Ace hasn't had much to do with Punk the last few weeks but it'd work.

• Paid Members

I think that sounds decent. Its been two years as a face for Orton, now. A change might do him good at the minute. Especially, since he's not been in the mix that much over the last few months. And he looks a bit in limbo, coming into WrestleMania's buildup. And they did the match last year, with the roles reversed. Be a good story if they had a heel Orton vs a face Punk.

I cant see much argument as far as scrapping Jericho and Punk goes. Punk vs Orton sounds great (and is usually great). Jericho's character is so confusing and his promos have been terrible. The staredown they had last night doesnt do them any favours either. Just dump Jericho in the Money in the Bank match if they plan on doing that this year.

This was spoken about weeks ago on WOL, as well, because Vince has had cold feet on the Jericho vs Punk feud ever since Jericho came back and created zero interest. I wonder if they do change it, what the shake up will be? Add Orton to the match maybe? I guess if they have changed direction, we'll find out tonight.

I'd much, much rather see Punk/Orton. Even if we have seen it before, and pretty recently. I dunno how you'd get there though. The only way I can think is that Johnny Ace, in his desperation to get the belt off Punk, brown noses Orton and sways him with the title shot. It's not great because Ace hasn't had much to do with Punk the last few weeks but it'd work.

Orton getting chucked in the mix in this would suit me perfectly. I've assumed he'll be shoehorned in to (and probably fucking win) the Smackdown match, but after last night, I really want a Bryan/Sheamus singles match. A great redemption tale for the two guys bumped off the card last year and a fabulous heel/face dynamic that I'm pretty sure D-Bry could create with just about anybody on the show at the moment.

A guy who I couldn't care less about like Orton getting kept in a match I care equally little for like Punk/Jericho would be great. I'd rather see a farting Natalya segment than a Randy Orton one, to be brutally honest. Actually, I think I'm totally on board with farting Natalya, so that doesn't really say much. Hart House looked like it would fucking stink of farts after tea, it's believable she'd be prone to some corkers.

They should have put Cena and Kane in the RAW brand Chamber. It would have made the result more unpredictable, brought more storyline cross-over possibilities to the match and given it more Star power. Cena could have teased winning the belt and facing Rock for the title at Mania.

• Paid Members

I thought the chamber matches were really good. Dolph Ziggler rocking Pink was a highlight the guy just looks absolutely awesome. I thought he put in a really good show in the chamber.

So did Kofi but i really thought him and Punk started really sloppy. I like Punk but i have never rated his ring work that highly.

The Smackdown chamber was good but defiantly stated slow. Thought everybody got a good showing in it to except Khali and luckily Barrett came on strong towards the end.

• Paid Members

Smackdown Chamber was way better, for me. Santino played his role to perfection, and Bryan was a great foil for it too. That pop when Santino almost broke out of the crossface was one of the best moments in ages.

• Paid Members
AmEAuFSCEAEkqSR.jpg

What a great bunch of lads. I see in that picture the camaraderie and greatness of Butch, Ian, Glads, Loki and Sev. I just can't decide who is who.

Except Henry is clearly Frankie Sides.

Archived