WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Hender

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Shame the main event was such a let down and afterwards Cena looked fresh not like he'd been choke slammed through a table, but that's cena he barely sells anything from a punt to choke slammed through a table.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Bar that great show really enjoyed it.

Another naff show, inter dispersed with a few semi decent bits. I don 't understand how the WWE can drop the ball so much. Are they purposely playing everyone down as not to overshadow Rock/Cena? It's not working for me anyway

I'll post more when I've had some sleep

• Paid Members

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Shame the main event was such a let down and afterwards Cena looked fresh not like he'd been choke slammed through a table, but that's cena he barely sells anything from a punt to choke slammed through a table.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Bar that great show really enjoyed it.

You weren't arsed about Bryan being powerbombed against the chamber, then further destroyed by Show, only to show no effects at all later on then?

I thought the chamber matches were fun, but everything else was seriously dull. What annoyed me more than anything was the fact that 90 minutes in, we'd only had 2 matches. Not sure if spoilers are allowed so I'll leave my input on everything else until everyone has had a chance to watch the event.

What annoyed me more than anything was the fact that 90 minutes in, we'd only had 2 matches.

That complaint doesn't really work when the Chamber matches are about an hour long.

You're right, taking into account the show intro, 6 entrances, the match and post-match replays, that's easily 60+ minutes spent. Would've been nice to have a tag match thrown in there instead of the Laurinaitis segment and subsequent waste of 2 returns.

Personally speaking, I think that was maybe the worst WWE PPV I've seen in years. The only moments that stand out as bright spots were the returns of ADR and Christian - just to see them, although I agree they wasted the potential impact - and the D-Bryan/Big Show and D-Bryan/Santino exchanges. Big Show busting through the top of the pod was fun, and Bryan played it so cocky when it was only him and Santino, who the crowd were insanely hot for, that I genuinely feared he may lose the title against all logic. Apart from that, I thought it was dreadful. The Raw chamber was a massive damp squib, Beth and Tamina was serviceable but inevitably lifeless, Swagger and Gabriel was Superstars-esque and the main event was pretty much as bad as it gets; a rotten end to a rotten feud. Honestly I'm surprised though. I thought that the two chamber matches would deliver at least.

I really enjoyed it, but then the Elimination Chamber matches are always a hoot.

Enjoyed the 'thinking outside of the box' with neither Jericho/Punk having to be eliminated, thus not weakening their argument they were the best in the world. Only thing was, they milked the injury to Jericho for so long that they just flattened the shit out of the crowd; what went from a hot, pro-Punk crowd became a dull, not-interested bunch of turds.

They're producing some really good Cena/Rock videos and fleshing out the respective characters (and their respective differences), but now is the time to intertwine them a bit more. At the minute, we know that Cena is a down-to-earth guy dedicated to the business and the development of the youth and Rock is a nice guy, but dedicated to all forms of entertainment and the Hollywood life, but I want them to kick into first gear with why they want to beat the toss out of each other.

I assume the Laurainitis segment, despite actually lacking the big announcement we were promised, is going to build to some big tag match with the job of SUPER GM OF RAW AND SMACKDOWN on the line. Maybe Henry/Christian/ADR/Otunga/Swagger vs. Santino/Justin Gabriel/Hornswaggle/Khali/Kofi.

Smackdown chamber was fun, plodding in places, but completely underserving of the pricky fans that seemed determined to chant 'boring' the minute Big Show started. As an aside, that does my fucking head in; when idiotic, usually internet, fans have pre-determined ideas of who is boring or whatever, and chant accordingly regardless of what's on offer at that moment in time. I thought Barrett put in a hell of a shift, but the match really picked up when Daniel Bryan entered. It is a massive show of faith in D-Bry that he's taking the title into 'Mania, though almost certainly dropping it. He's a master of handling crowd reactions, and his reactions to being left alone with Santino really ramped the crowd up to 100. Santino's involvement was handled immaculately, and the crowd just about lost their shit when they thought he was getting out of the submission. They followed my blueprint from the Smackdown thread to the letter; if D-Bry was walking away with the title, they were best off to leave Santino in to last as the crowd were guaranteed to be on his side.

I really hope they make the World Heavyweight Title match a 4 way between Show, Sheamus, Orton and D-Bry. The dynamic of 3 of the WWE's biggest bad asses all wanting to beat the tits off of D-Bry and him trying to play them off against each other, to take the heat off of himself, could be really fun.

Main event was dull, to the point I played very little attention towards the end and only stayed awake to see if they finished on an angle. The whole point of sticking Cena with Kane was the fact that Kane is a safe pair of hands who has a good record of not fucking people up, paving a smooth way into Wrestlemania. I never got into the feud, and the acting has been beyond atrocious. Hopefully, it can all be forgotten now.

• Paid Members

Haven't seen it, nor will I bother but having read the report, it sounds exactly the show I was expecting. It wouldn't have made any sense whatsoever to take the belt off Bryan. And though they could have gotten away with switching Jericho and Punk's roles as champion and challenger, it's really too late in the game to do that. Cena was always going to destroy Kane and there was nothing much else announced. Slate it if you want but if you bothered to watch this show, you got exactly what you should have expected.

So it appears this show sets in stone for WM:

Cena/Rock

Trips/Taker

Bryan/Sheamus

Punk/Jericho

Perhaps the only exception being that they might work Orton and Show into the SD title match. That's 4 pretty ace looking matches right there and still plenty of guys to work with. Shaping up quite nicely. I'd not bother with MITB. I'd go with an IC Title match, a tag title match, a Kane feud-ender, some women's crap and a well built 6/8 man tag to round out the rest of the show. Though I'd drop the Kane one if a decent celeb angle (like the Shaq one rumoured) is available.

Not realistic at all but would anyone like to see Taker vs. Trips vs. HBK? Would be fresh but also make total sense given the history.

I absolutely hated that show, the Raw Chamber match was miles better than that dull Smackdown one, but that isn't saying much. Santino using Eugene's old theme for his little skits were sort of appropriate as him being in the chamber match was as bad as Eugene being in a high profile match with Triple H at a Summerslam. He didn't belong there, he's been on Superstars for years. You wouldn't have found Heat jobbers like Shawn Stasiak or Maven in the original Chamber match, it isn't right. I hate that guy. What made the show even worse was the Hornswoggle/Natalia garbage, I'm begging them to sort this stuff out. Another useless midcard scrap that no one wanted to see was added for no reason other than to show off their obsession with Vickie Guerrero, so I skipped that.

The John L. segment was a disappointment, and was just wasting time. If Christian, Del Rio and Henry are healthy and on the show, then why could they not have been put in the Smackdown chamber to give it a bit of life? Khali was in there about 30 seconds, so I'm sure Henry (Who had more reason to be in a World Heavyweight Title match than him) could have come out of the pod last and had some small involvement in it. And Khali got up as soon as he was pinned and just walked out like nothing happened!!! All that I really enjoyed was the Cena/Kane match, it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. Things had better start picking up on TV this week, as other than Undertaker/Triple H and Cena/Rock (if he starts turning up anyway), Wrestlemania isn't looking too good for me.

It looks like im on my own when i say what a steaming pile of shit that was !!

the raw elimination chamber was ok-ok at best and the Jericho thing look fucking awful.

im looking forward to punk vs Jericho at mania but why have wwe gone realy fucking shit with building ppvs up.

and there was a shit tone of botches in this match took it away for me.

next the divas match- i thought it was ok to be fair not as bad as past divas outings.

the BIG announcement was utter horse shit a true waste of ppv time and even the crowd seemed disinterested in this.

next i believe was the smack down e/c match . another pretty dull match in my opinion. the crowd were chanting boring throughout and they payed a fuck load of money for this. the better out of the two chamber matches imo, glad Bryan retained but if shemus is a face why attack a heel after he has just been "to hell and back" bit heelish in my opinion

next the match that fucking pissed me off the most. jack swagger vs that kid from the nexus (can't remember the name) swagger is the shittest wrestler i have ever seen. i hate this guy so much i can actually feel my blood boil when he wrestles. he is utter horse shit and in my opinion cannot wrestle for shit.

my first snag with the MAIN EVENT is it was that when did the days in wrestling go when the announcer TOLD you it was the main event? i know its such a petty thing to get wound up about but fuck me it is annoying.

the main event was about as exiting as watching emmerdale with the sound off. cena cannot sell to save his fucking life and in my opinion kane was realy exiting in the build up but fails to deliver in the match and especially the main event.

finish was abit wanky for me but hey pg-13 for the win

utter utter disappointment for me and the reason is its the FINAL pay per view before wrestlemania i should be so so exited for it but im just not. wwe really really seems to let me down with shit like this.

sorry people to vent my anger but it annoyed me. :)

I absolutely hated that show, the Raw Chamber match was miles better than that dull Smackdown one, but that isn't saying much.

I have the opposite view. The Smackdown Elimination Chamber match was very good while the RAW Elimination Chamber match was dull and dragged. Elimination Chamber matches usually deliver more than the two last night did. The second worst No Way Out/Elimination Chamber event with two Elimination Chamber's on it. Elimination Chamber 2010 was the worst one.

• Paid Members
shit

fucking

fucking

shit

shit

horse shit

fuck

fucking

pissed

shittest

horse shit

shit

fuck

fucking

wanky

shit

Jesus christ.

I cannot understand why someone would watch that show given the build up and expect anything else. And given your opinion ^^^, why the fuck do you watch at all?

Archived