WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Hender

• Paid Members

If last night proved anything then it's that Santino is almost a perfect candidate to give a title shot to on one of the less important B-PPV's later this year. Of course, he's not going to be picking the strap up whatsoever but he's a perfect guy to get the crowd involved in the match and the intrigue of seeing a much loved character getting a title shot could persuade casuals who were undecided to actually part with their cash. And he's actually not bad in the ring either

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was piss poor for the most part, really unimpressed. WWE obviously didn't give a damn about it either considering how much effort they put into it. Nothing happened at all. The Elimination Chamber matches both had their moments but they were still underwhelming overall. There have been far better Chamber matches. Santino nearly winning the title was a really good moment and that Big Show spot was really cool but other than that, they were a bit forgettable.

Kane/Cena was just shite. On the plus side, that feud is finally over. An Attitude Adjustment onto a clearly visible crash mat just about sums up the whole storyline.

Anyway, lets just look forward to Wrestlemania!

Didn't enjoy the show. The chamber matches were decent, but I'm really tired with the gimmick to be honest, so there was nothing in either that blew me away other than the excellent, excellent work from Daniel Bryan at the back end of the Smackdown one.

As a show, I thought it was arranged horribly, almost designed to come off feeling flat. I'd have put the Smackdown chamber on last (with Sheamus making his appearance for the send the fans home happy moment, especially as the title contending Rumble winner, that could really do with an inflated sense of importance), Cena and Kane before that, and two other scrubs or a tag in place of some fucking godawful Jack Swagger retread.

My absolute favourite thing ever was the DEAFENING APATHY shown towards the Punk/Jericho confrontation when Jericho came out of his pod. You could tell they were hoping for a big reaction, but when they started brawling to total indifference, I got my cynical kicks there. Though, if we absolutely bastard have to go with these two almost definitely creating the letdown of the night at Wrestlemania, I'll admit I quite like how they used this show to get there without rocking the boat too much.

Was going to watch it live, but my internet went down and I wasn't staying up on Sunday night without chat to keep me company. Glad I didn't, I'd have been miffed as fuck at work about it today. To be honest, the only thing that left me enthusiastic about anything was Bryan/Sheamus. Sheamus is pretty good anyway, but since turning, Bryan's gone on to another level. I reckon they can rock some cocks at Mania. Boatloads more than the other title match anyway.

Dead excited about Raw tonight though. The run-up to last years Mania was one of my favourite streaks of Raw ever, I reckon there's boundless potential to get there again.

• Paid Members
My absolute favourite thing ever was the DEAFENING APATHY shown towards the Punk/Jericho confrontation when Jericho came out of his pod. You could tell they were hoping for a big reaction, but when they started brawling to total indifference, I got my cynical kicks there. Though, if we absolutely bastard have to go with these two almost definitely creating the letdown of the night at Wrestlemania, I'll admit I quite like how they used this show to get there without rocking the boat too much.

I referenced you in chat, NEWM. I said the reaction to the "Showcase of the Kickpads" staredown they had, reminded me of your prediction a few weeks ago when you said Jericho vs Punk has Edge vs Jericho stamped all over it. Where its one of those matches where everyone goes "this will be great", but doesnt take into account that those type of matches usually die at WrestleMania.

The RAW chamber was pretty good up until the Jericho 'injury' and the Smackdown chamber was pretty good from when Big Show tore open Bryan's pod-thingy. The final part of the Smackdown chamber when it was down to just Bryan and Santino was just magical, though. Pretty much as perfect a finishing sequence as they could of done.

The rest of the show was completely mediocre, aside from Big Johnny and Otunga being awesome again. Mr. Excitement should be the GM of Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, NXT, FCW, ECW, WCW, JCP, JCB, Jay Z, JC Penney, et al.

• Paid Members

I was disappointed with the PPV like you guys. Amazing that it is Santino who got the crowd going wild and it was certainly one of the highlights. Big Show was the best performer out of both EC's but I really thought Barrett had a chance. The crowd really don't know how to react to him?

• Paid Members

WrestleZone's reporting this.

There appears to be a lot of last minute changes going on, even more so than usual, with WWE Chairman Vince McMahon's plans for WrestleMania storylines. The entire Chris Jericho "injury" angle was a last minute change from original plans for WrestleMania, which involved CM Punk and Jericho battling all the way to Mania with the hopes of one proving to everyone he was The Best in the World.

Instead, WWE went with this new direction, which remains unclear, involving the Jericho injury angle. The writing staff is, according to several key insiders in WWE, under more than the usual WrestleMania season levels of stress because of the constant changes not only in the short term direction (which has happened for years), but now even to the storylines arcs regarding the biggest show of the year. "We had a clear cut direction," one key WWE insider told us, "but as Vince says, nothing is ever etched in stone."

This was spoken about weeks ago on WOL, as well, because Vince has had cold feet on the Jericho vs Punk feud ever since Jericho came back and created zero interest. I wonder if they do change it, what the shake up will be? Add Orton to the match maybe? I guess if they have changed direction, we'll find out tonight.

Just been watching No Way Out 2002. It seems to me that Elimination Chamber is the wrong event to have in the lead up to Wrestlemania. The event is sold on the fact that it is a night where anything can happen which can be very exciting and lead to some great moments. However if nothing much happens you are left feeling short changed. In the run up to Wrestlemania they would be more likely to want the belt on who you would expect rather than someone with an outside chance,(like Santino last night, could you really see him main eventing wrestlemania, however winning it later in the year? possible.) Better to have a card without gimmicks, there is always the option for title changes and you can advance feuds better.

All the expected matches so far don't have enough beef except one.

Shaemus v Bryan he spat at him last week

Punk v Jericho lameness

Rock v Cena twitter war and videos

What heated feuds are there in the mid card for Wrestlemania?

No Way Out 2002.

Perfect. Great, to be in New York even the rats are ugly.

Jerry Lawler: He's wired

• Moderators
WrestleZone's reporting this.

There appears to be a lot of last minute changes going on, even more so than usual, with WWE Chairman Vince McMahon's plans for WrestleMania storylines. The entire Chris Jericho "injury" angle was a last minute change from original plans for WrestleMania, which involved CM Punk and Jericho battling all the way to Mania with the hopes of one proving to everyone he was The Best in the World.

Instead, WWE went with this new direction, which remains unclear, involving the Jericho injury angle. The writing staff is, according to several key insiders in WWE, under more than the usual WrestleMania season levels of stress because of the constant changes not only in the short term direction (which has happened for years), but now even to the storylines arcs regarding the biggest show of the year. "We had a clear cut direction," one key WWE insider told us, "but as Vince says, nothing is ever etched in stone."

This was spoken about weeks ago on WOL, as well, because Vince has had cold feet on the Jericho vs Punk feud ever since Jericho came back and created zero interest. I wonder if they do change it, what the shake up will be? Add Orton to the match maybe? I guess if they have changed direction, we'll find out tonight.

Nash and X-Pac should twat them and say "We're actually far more the best in the world than you two vanilla midgets", and they prove it at Wrestlemania in a short squash, continuing Nash's rightful dominance over the Skinny Fat Short Order Cook.

But seriously, I could not give two fucks nor a shit about Jericho and Punk going at it, and the fact that the two people who strike me as true mid carders are battling over "Best in the World" makes me laugh a bit. Perception is reality? Then HHH is better, Undertaker is better, Cena is better, Rock is better, Orton's better. They aren't even the best on their brand. Never mind the world.

I hate that the Cena/Kane match was last. Not only does it shit on the whole name of the event, but also two "World Title" matches as well.

It's no wonder they can't get anyone else near Cena's level, they can't ever let anyone else have the Main Event, even when he isn't fighting for a belt and there are two massive gimmick matches on the card. Perception is reality, and they never let anyone look above Cena.

I know, what's Evil Vince playing at? It's almost like Cena's got a match coming up at the biggest PPV of the year where he's being promoted as the top star in wrestling today or something.

It's one thing to call the match shit and boring (it was both) but of all the times to cry about Cena being in the top spot, the month before his match with The Rock is the most absurd. Especially when, as tiger_rick has pointed out -- and as you've been told before -- JC has played lower on the card multiple times in the last six months.

Incidentally, can that Otunga picture be considered the greatest moment of his pro-wrestling career?

Nexus debut surely trumps it.

Archived