WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Hender

• Paid Members
Making out that it was some sort of absolutely horrendous show, and then being told that it should have been expected though? Nonsense. By the numbers is a decent assessment, but to say this...

swearing a lot

...was the expected standard. THAT is a lot of shit.

Except I didn't say that at all. My response to all the OTT swearing was "Jesus Christ" I think you'll find.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So nothing happened on this show. At all. Other than Jericho falling out the cage, I could have watched last week's smackdown and then tonight's RAW and probably would have missed nothing important.

However, that said I'm liking where everything's going. I should have known better from Jericho that he wouldn't come back for a simple "i'm better than you feud", so having him hit his head could turn it into one of those "heel is actually right" type of deals, which could be interesting. I think the "best in the world" angle is a good way to get it started but now there needs to be more twists and turns.

Santino is a star. He's been great for years, but i think this shows that Santino could have a main-event run on Smackdown following Mania. Heck, I think Santino holding Money in the Bank could be quite fun. He definitely deserves a 1 on 1 wrestlemania match. With so many big stars out, there's definitely a spot for him and there's a lot of scope for him to feud with guys like Cody, Ziggler & Miz who won't take him seriously. I think the comedy aspect of his character is great but maybe they could turn him into a Rocky Balboa and push him seriously. Maybe hire a legend to be his trainer, who'd advise him that the Cobra isn't a winning move and what not.

I only watched the two Chamber matches and the Diva's title match.

Raw Chamber was a fun match. Dolph and Kofi both looked the best in the match. Kofi is making the most of Evan Bourne's suspension. I loved Dolph's fameasser off the chamber wall, it looked great with the whole build up to it.

Diva's match was a good fun women's brawl. I'd like to see a rematch down the road as i think Tamina will just get better and better.

The Smackdown Chamber i enjoyed once Khali was eliminated. The final three all deserve the credit here. Wade looked like a monster. The powerbomb on Bryan and when he smashed the door into his skull were both moments that will be replayed in Chamber video packages forever. Santino is brilliant in his role. I really hope they give him the chance to draw on PPV as a title challenger even though we know he will never win the title. People love a good true underdog story and if you were to treat a Santino title match like this Cena/Rock match i think he could be a legit PPV draw one day. Even if it's only just one time.

I'd be interested to figure out why there is so many people stating as fact that Santino doesn't belong in a match like that. From what I've seen, that is now the Elimination Chamber 2012 and the Royal Rumble 2011 where he was poised to win a "big one" and on both occasions, the crowd were going absolutely apeshit for him. He is regularly someone the crowd respond to with more passion than anyone else on the show. Yes, he's a comedy act, but he is just about as over as anyone. I'm sure 90% of WWE's fanbase would rather watch him than Big Show or Mark Henry competing for the title.

Slate it if you want but if you bothered to watch this show, you got exactly what you should have expected.

I'm sorry, but that's a lot of shite. The two chamber matches looked quite good. Incidentally, that's how they turned out. Especially the Smackdown one. I watched the show based on them and was happy enough.

It's not a "lot of shite", it's completely true. I could have told you last week that the two chamber matches would be reasonable matches but wouldn't change anything and the rest of the show (Cena/Kane aside) would be filler. You'd have to be completely stupid to not know what to expect from this show. Anyone can have an opinion on match quality, etc, but it's bloody stupid to complain that a blindingly obvious by the numbers show was a by the numbers show.

The problem I felt the show had was that nothing developed or changed. Yes, it was fairly predictable going into the show that nothing would change, but that's the problem. Elimination Chamber is billed as the last stop before Wrestlemania so you should expect there to be some stuff developing there.

The two Chamber matches were good, if not totally predictable (especially the Smackdown ending) but if I had paid for that PPV I'd be massively disappointed.

• Paid Members

The PPV was what it was always going to be. There's an obvious lack of star power on the show, so they just made do with what they had. Kane and Cena was actually alright, for a main event featuring Kane and with the ambulance match stip. That could have been far worse. The opening Elimination Chamber was crap. The angle with Jericho was just lost on me and the fans werent into it at all. Which was strange considering it was the opener. Jericho just doesnt do it for me. I actually prefer CM Punk, believe it or not. Jericho is just pure ham, and not in a good way. The way he lay there with his gob open in a Open All Hours type bit of comedy during the injury angle looked so shit. Jericho is so overrated. Mostly by himself. Which brings me to ...

Daniel Bryan might have actually proved himself as the best in ring performer in the world last night. His selling, facial expressions and ring work was just world class. The look on Bryan's face when it was just Santino and him was perfect. As the fans cheered, he had a look on his face which said words to the effect of "fucking mug". It was great. The dark horse match at Mania is Sheamus and Bryan. I think they are going to tear it up, if they get the time to do so. Daniel Bryan's matches always are the one's you go "well that'll be shit" and it turns out to be cracking. Although, I must admit, I was caught up in the moment and wanted Santino to win the belt. It was awesome. Definitely the best match of the night. People say it was boring at first, but the whole match built to that spot with the Big Show climbing into the sell. Special mention has to go to the Big Show as well. He hard did he work? He was running the ropes more than The Miz was last night. Top bloke. Wade Barrett actually looked better than he'd done in ages as well. A win all around.

As I say, there was a lot of shit on the PPV last night, but it was built as a stop gap PPV, so to have a match as good as that Smackdown chamber was a proper bonus. Another thing, David Otunga is the most underrated man of the decade. The hilarity this man brings without any mic time is off the charts.

I don't think anyone was after a night of "super swerves", or indeed expecting one, but I'd hoped that something exciting might happen!

All the filler stuff was sub-smackdown standard (the Ace gathering didn't even really go anywhere).

They should (as someone already said) have put Henry in the chamber not Khali. Even if it was only to last 2 minutes, at least people believe Henry could win, unlike Khali. Actually this match showed exactly what Khali's value was - the people did respond when he came out at the start (because seeing a huge monster bloke is quite something), but by the time his pod opened the crowd couldn't even muster a vague hint of interest. Actually that's not entirely true, some did chant "you can't wrestle" at him.

It felt like a Raw Super Special "With 2 Elimination Chamber Matches!!!" not a proper PPV. No belts changed hands, nothing new seemed to start and I'll have forgotten the whole thing in a few days I'm sure.

Ziggler and Bryan were bloody great though, must be said. I'm also very happy that Bryan kept his belt.

I hate that the Cena/Kane match was last. Not only does it shit on the whole name of the event, but also two "World Title" matches as well.

It's no wonder they can't get anyone else near Cena's level, they can't ever let anyone else have the Main Event, even when he isn't fighting for a belt and there are two massive gimmick matches on the card. Perception is reality, and they never let anyone look above Cena.

The Ambulance match was fucking rubbish as well.

• Paid Members
It's no wonder they can't get anyone else near Cena's level, they can't ever let anyone else have the Main Event

He was middle of the card at Rumble, wasn't on the TLC PPV and wrestled under Trips and Punk at Night of Champions. I don't think this has anything to do with not putting anyone on Cena's level, it's to do with Cena's being the feel-good ending. They've told us for the last 6 months that Punk is on Cena's level. People don't buy it.

Smackdown Chamber was good if only for the unpredictability. Do you know just for a while there I thought they were going to put the belt on Santino and I wouldn't have minded if they did, even if it was just a 24 hour thing and he lost in on Raw. He was super over with the crowd as he was at the Rumble last year and many times since and he is a great worker. I actually delayed going in to work today to finish watching the match as I thought he could go over ! I found it refreshing and interesting.

The rest was ok in parts Raw chamber was good but predictable quite liked the way they worked Jericho out of the match but it was inevitable Punk would win. The other matches were nothing other than TV matches imho.

• Paid Members
It's no wonder they can't get anyone else near Cena's level, they can't ever let anyone else have the Main Event

He was middle of the card at Rumble, wasn't on the TLC PPV and wrestled under Trips and Punk at Night of Champions.

And lost 2 PPV main events to Punk the two months prior to that.

I don't think this has anything to do with not putting anyone on Cena's level, it's to do with Cena's being the feel-good ending. They've told us for the last 6 months that Punk is on Cena's level. People don't buy it.

Also, the main reason they can

Archived