WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Hender

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I did say "help", as in nudge him in the right direction. Surely walking in or out (or both) of Wrestlemania, as WWE champion, is better for ones headlining prospects than simply wrestling Gordon Ramsay though?!

I get what you are saying but the belt isn't going to diminish in the eyes of the fans because it doesn't main event one year, especially when the main event is of such magnitude. The night after 'Mania, Cena will be going after his belt again anyway.

I did say "help", as in nudge him in the right direction. Surely walking in or out (or both) of Wrestlemania, as WWE champion, is better for ones headlining prospects than simply wrestling Gordon Ramsay though?!

But the importance of headlining would be greatly increased if the belt was contested in the biggest match in a decade.

• Paid Members

Oh of course, Punk walking in and out of Wrestlemania with the WWE title is certainly going to be better for his prospects as a top-level guy than not wrestling in a title match, but you could say that about anyone that isn't already at that level. I think they've thrown the world titles on mid-card guys too many times over the years to the point where it's effect in elevating them is diminishing more and more.

They need to start sticking it at the very top again, build some credibility for the title. Then now and then (and not too often) they can go out on a limb and stick it on a mid-card guy to give him a big push, and then it would mean much more as it would've been treated with such dignity- with John Cena VS The Rock being a perfect way to start re-elevating the strap. Whenever someone new wins a world title now, I don't sit up and take notice and think 'wow, that guy has made it!'. Instead I think 'yeah that was inevitable, they have won mid-card titles a few times now so the next obvious step WWE take is putting the title on them by default'.

How the hell did Kofi get in this match? Wouldn't it make more sense to have Swagger in it since he's been involved in a few big matches on Raw.Kofi goes from fighting Epico and Primo to appearing in the title match.WTF

Edit - Even David Otunga would make more sense than Kofi, I mean Otunga having a Title match would be shit but he's Laurinitus assitant and he's been involved in a few matches with Punk of late so it would make sense if Laurinitus put in him in the match.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Johnny Ace twitter:

"FYI: I plan to make a HUGE announcement at Elimination #Chamber tomorrow. It might stop the show, and will certainly be a Game changer."

Now I'm interested. Hope its a good one. I'm thinking Shaq (if they've still got him).

Or in a 1999 Sky Text style rumour, add the Rock to the Elimination Chamber match and have him win the belt by beating all 6 of them on his own. Wearing his two stripe tracky bottoms.

Johnny Ace twitter:

"FYI: I plan to make a HUGE announcement at Elimination #Chamber tomorrow. It might stop the show, and will certainly be a Game changer."

Now I'm interested. Hope its a good one. I'm thinking Shaq (if they've still got him).

Or in a 1999 Sky Text style rumour, add the Rock to the Elimination Chamber match and have him win the belt by beating all 6 of them on his own. Wearing his two stripe tracky bottoms.

He teased becoming the general manager of Smackdown on Twitter this week.

• Paid Members
Johnny Ace twitter:

Scott Hall has been wearing his Razor Ramon elbow pads under his other ones. This means he's going to show up at the chamber with Linda McMahon.

Just noticed that. "Game" and "stop the show (showstopper)" probably means he's announcing the referee for Mania then. They would have been better doing that on Raw, though.

The match would have to be made first, right? Unless he uses Michaels as a way of getting HHH to accept the match.

• Paid Members

True, as it stands the match isn't happening until Triple H accepts. By that time Taker would've cut so much of his hair off, he can pull off the Christopher Lloyd look we've all suspected he's had for several months.

Archived