WWE Raw Discussion Thread - 30/01/12

stumobir

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course, I forgot Triple H claimed the other week he had ended the streak because Taker was done etc. That ending makes perfect sense now. Watching it back now I've been reminded of this makes it more fantastic, especially that pat on the back from Triple H. Amazing storytelling.

• Paid Members

The MITB match is definitely on Mania this year, whether they bring back the PPV or not. The MITB match is needed on WrestleMania, especially after they ran into trouble last year, having to drop matches to the pre-game show. You get six stars in the match without having to piss about with storylines involving each man. I'm glad its back. Everyone gets a payday as well. MITB followed by a Divas match should do it. Get the piss break out of the way after the mental stunt show.

tom, I would keep Ziggler as far as way as possible from Swagger. Ziggler needs to keep growing in the company of the likes of Punk and Orton and continue to keep shining just like he has done over the past year. I think that a programme with Swagger would be a hindrance to the momentum he is gathering at the moment. He is the best in-ring performer in the company and he is swiftly growing into a complete all-round package.

I wouldn't give him the MITB briefcase either; I would give him a strong build later in the year and a clean victory for the WWE/World title at Survivor Series. The fans are beginning to get behind him and he was met with a good deal of support at the Rumble considering who he was against. I've always believed that he is a natural face and if he manages to pull it off, he could be WWE's next mega baby-face.

Of course, I forgot Triple H claimed the other week he had ended the streak because Taker was done etc. That ending makes perfect sense now. Watching it back now I've been reminded of this makes it more fantastic, especially that pat on the back from Triple H. Amazing storytelling.

Wow, yeah I totally forgot about that too. Smart work, that. I'll be honest, from pretty much the day he was traded to Smackdown back in 08, there's probably nobody I've done a bigger 180 on than Triple H (apart from the Randy Orton feud and match, hated all of that). I could not give less of a shit about him on Raw doing the usual with Cena and Orton and co, but from the moment he went and elevated the Blue Show, it was like a new man for me. The guy's fucking brilliant, and not at all a bastard or anything. Only now do I see him as the star he always saw himself as.

Good raw starting to see a few matches coming through for mania

Rock v cena

Taker v hhh

Punk v jericho

Sheamus v bryan

Orton v barrat (unless it happens at the elimantion chamber)

Money in the bank (can see dolph winning this)

With maybe 2 more matches and probaly tyson thrown in there somewhere!

Looking a good card!

I think we'll be seeing Orton in that Bryan vs Sheamus match in all honesty.

The MITB match is definitely on Mania this year, whether they bring back the PPV or not. The MITB match is needed on WrestleMania, especially after they ran into trouble last year, having to drop matches to the pre-game show. You get six stars in the match without having to piss about with storylines involving each man. I'm glad its back. Everyone gets a payday as well. MITB followed by a Divas match should do it. Get the piss break out of the way after the mental stunt show.

It will probably be a 10 man MITB match.

I do like the MITB match at Mania, but it's a very lazy way of getting folk on the card.

Good raw starting to see a few matches coming through for mania

Rock v cena

Taker v hhh

Punk v jericho

Sheamus v bryan

Orton v barrat (unless it happens at the elimantion chamber)

Money in the bank (can see dolph winning this)

With maybe 2 more matches and probaly tyson thrown in there somewhere!

Looking a good card!

I think we'll be seeing Orton in that Bryan vs Sheamus match in all honesty.

And christian to take the fall

Allstar69: I know what you're saying.

There's no explanation needed, it was clearly obvious that's what they meant. I now realize why Wrestling angles and storylines are so two dimensional most of the time. People like you wouldn't understand the obvious nuances of more in depth ones.

You're just being dim now. Or playing to the crowd. As you've apparently missed the point totally.

Crap gets churned out an awful lot now on WWE TV, and one of the reasons that can happen is because you guys are prepared to defend and praise the product as it is. I was only really a big fan when they had characters with a consistent constitution. When things developed more logically, like "What will Austin do about X?" When there were intersecting feuds, factions, stories under an umbrella storyline... All of which required a huge amount of creative effort to construct. I want the better, more developed, more thought-through creatively thing. You're defending the current trend which means compartmentalised, simple feuds (often based on creaky ideas which have been pulled out of someone's arse that day) are the norm now.

In the show I want... Punk would have stuck to the things he said before... He'd have continued to think the WWE title looks ugly, and done something about it. He wouldn't have just started holding it aloft proudly all the time as though he'd never said those things. Logic, consistency and creative effort made Raw must-see viewing at certain times in the past. I want that. You have decided to argue on the side of WWE doing their current shit. So well done you.

Realise this is deraling the Raw topic, and some of you seem to think I'm a valid target for the 'troll' accusation. So I am happy to leave you guys to it if it's really causing that much heartache.

Good post and enjoyed reading this, and others thus far.

Although it was originally dropped, i do believe the MITB PPV is back on this year.

Is it? That must be very recent news, because as of a few days ago it was definitely still dropped as far as I know.

Very recent. It was reported on some sites that bragging rights, which was only picked up a few weeks back, is now gone again and that a MITB ppv is back on for 2012.

Not where I originally read it but here is one such article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1046056...bragging-rights

Edit: also on the official wwe site too: http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/uk-2012-ppvs

• Paid Members

All of my thoughts on how excellent the Taker/HHH segment was have already been mentioned. One thing that hasnt though is the fact that Taker didnt do the 'lights on' thing at the corner of the ring. Maybe they just wanted the dim light atmosphere, or they really are going the full hog showing Taker's weakness.

Aside from that, the rest of Raw was pretty good too. Punk/Bryan was very good, but Jericho attacking Punk almost seemed like a 'shit, the Jericho story has been rubbish so far, a Codebreaker will swing it back'. It hasn't, but I'll definitely give it time.

I was waiting for Kharma, waiting for her so intently that I actually sat through the whole divas match :devil:

Kofi's Trouble in Paradise on The Miz looked brutal. Regal backstage was just hilarious. Rewinded it 3 times and laughed the same each time.

Orton and Ziggler didn't put on a great match, but individually they are just great. They do things that break the norm of a typical wrestling match, like Orton doing the 'that close' motion after a close 2 count, and Ziggler breaking an irish whip and showing off. Love watching them both at the moment.

Ace Raw, much needed after a disappointing Rumble.

All of my thoughts on how excellent the Taker/HHH segment was have already been mentioned. One thing that hasnt though is the fact that Taker didnt do the 'lights on' thing at the corner of the ring. Maybe they just wanted the dim light atmosphere, or they really are going the full hog showing Taker's weakness.

They didn't want you to see his syrup.

• Paid Members

Thats the reason I thought as well. Look at that wig:

Undertaker_wig_large.jpg

Wonder how long it will take for his hair to grow until he gets his extentions in. A short haired Undertaker doesn't cut it when he's doing this current gimmick. Also, no Johnny Cash theme this year, which is a shame.

Lovely jacket, though:

RAW_975_Photo_119.jpg

Archived