WWE Raw Discussion Thread - 30/01/12

stumobir

• Paid Members

Tonight's Raw has a lot of potential and with the jury still out on last nights Rumble, it has a lot to answer for.

Triple H is back tonight to give Johnny Ace his job review and decide whether he'll be kept on as Raw GM or not. Is this the end of the Laurinaitis/Punk feud or is it just a reason to have Triple H in the ring for a return of Taker?

Looks like Kharma is back from maternity leave, hopefully she'll be ripping the Diva's a new hole tonight and injecting some much needed life in to that whole divison.

Jericho's return has so far led to nothing but last night did see him actually do something for the first time since he's been back so surely there's no reason why he won't either wrestle or cut a promo tonight? Hopefully this "end of the world" and "she has spoken" will actually start to come to fruition.

Sheamus will be naming which belt he's going after but I don't think that will be of surprise to anyone.

Could be a good one but doubt I'll stay up for it.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Sheamus will be naming which belt he's going after but I don't think that will be of surprise to anyone.

I think you're getting ahead of yourself here; surely he'll choose his belt after the Elimination Chamber?

• Paid Members

I thought I heard Cole saying last night that he would be choosing his belt tonight, no? And if my memory serves me correctly (which it probably won't) didn't ADR choose his belt the following night on Raw?

Either way I think it's a safe bet that it'll be the World Heavyweight.

Well no surely he could just choose which belt he fancies now as well?

yeah I'll stay up if i cant sleep, but i don't really fancy it, Royal Rumble wasn't terrible but it wasn't exactly exciting so i don't think Raw warrants a stay up, watch on Sky Plus in the morning I reckon. No doubt there will be 30 mins of Kane going to the hospital and beating up Zack Ryder again while Cena looks on with a stupid gurn.

Hopefully Brodus is done with his squashes and moves into a feud with someone. I'm interested in HHH/Laurinitus/Punk and it'll be cool to see where it goes, I think HHH will give Laurinitus until Elimination Chamber to do his job, at the Chamber he'll cost Punk the Title and CM Punk will blame HHH leading to a match at mania or something.

Jericho and WWE need to give us something as well, there was a promise of the end of the world and we got nothing....

• Paid Members
Well no surely he could just choose which belt he fancies now as well?

He could do but I think they'll spend the next few weeks building him up a bit more, and then kick start the Mania run-in with him picking his opponent the night after EC

• Paid Members

Really looking forward to tonight, because Im sure WWE will recover from the show they put on last night..

Couple of interesting things.. the Raw Elimination Match has been announced on WWE.Com. Punk/R Truth/Ziggler/Miz/Kofi/Jericho.

Yep. Kofi is getting a title shot.

Also, Jericho has tweeted this:

I've got something to say.... #raw

I was completely indifferent to Kofi Kingston until last night. He needs to go to Wrestlemania! In seriousness though, a sustained push might be good for him because hey the fans care about him enough to give him a reaction and they really could get behind him given the chance.

HHH to come back with everyone thinking that he's gonna give Johnny Boy the heave-ho, when in fact he congratulates him and we find out that he's the one who's been behind the unfair treatment of punk etc and Johnny has just been following orders. This will lead into Punk V HHH at mania.

Jerichos "end of the world" will be that he is gonna end the streak at mania.

Archived