WWE Raw Discussion Thread - 30/01/12

stumobir

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well that's Wrestlemania certainly a lot clearer then with Undertaker - HHH and Y2J-Punk looking dead certs. The ending was alright but I wouldn't call it great seeing as there was a very similar scene ending Raw before one of the previous HHH-Taker matches. The Punk-Bryan match was brilliant, though I was hoping that Jericho would cut a promo to try and relate "the end of the world as you know it" thing to something...anything. I suppose that will come in time though. I was gutted Tyler Reks was the one to be squashed to Brodus this week, as I'm a big fan of the guy and really wished they'd do something with him. The Brodus Clay gimmick itself is starting to really get old for me now.

So, based on this show... Looks like Jericho and Punk are set to argue over the words 'best in the world'... Whilst Taker and HHH are set to argue over whether they should argue or not.

Kofi hasn't said anything on Raw for about 2 years (except for a brief lame generic thing after winning the tag titles IIRC) but is in the next PPV main-event. Brodus Clay went through the motions again. Cena and Kane did some more of their... whatever it is they're doing. And we got to see THE DWAYNE promotional clip from the Rumble again. Where he showed what a cool PR mogul he is, as he talked about trending and assboots etc.

Realise there were some 'good' matches on the show- although they're not good matches to me without a good context- but WWE just isn't my cup of tea right now. It's far too lame, stagey, compartmentalised and over-produced. All just seems exhaustingly stale to me. Even exchanges that haven't been run into the ground (like, on this episode, Punk and Bryan having a back-and-forth about veganism and straight-edgeism) still manage to have a stagey lameness to them.

YAWN!

Why is Undertaker the one making the challenge when he won last year?! And its his streak n all. Don't really get that but good show.

My explanation would be because they have unfinished business. Taker won.... but he was practically nigh on destroyed by Triple H. I.e. He wants the chance to REALLY prove he is better than Triple H... as oppose to winning because he managed to lock on a lucky chokehold and BARELY escape Mania with the streak.

So why the fuck did they do that anti-climatic Rumble instead of putting Jericho over. Sometimes they really shoot themselves in the foot. Sheamus is curtain jerking.

Thought that myself, Jericho should have won the Rumble.

I can see Sheamus/Bryan opening Mania this year for the World Title, much like Edge/Del Rio did last year.

It would probably work out for the best though, as nobody would give a damn about a Sheamus/Bryan match in the middle of the card, at least if they open it the crowd might be interested.

• Paid Members

Liked the ending. Loved Cena's ass-kicking. Liked the Punk/Bryan match and the Wade Barrett interview was creative.

I think they've pulled the trigger too early on Jericho. They should've left it for the Raw after EC. It's gonna be an odd WM. No-one will be a heel in the Rock/Cena match. HHH & Taker are both babyfaces. Sheamus is a face up against Bryan who isn't a strong heel. Punk and Jericho will split the crowd too.

Johnny Ace was fucking diabolical in that opening segment. Better at the end. The commentators actually covered well for his shitness by claiming he was nervous. So it was brilliant when he came out and said he wasn't nervous.

Also thought the Undertaker coming out to challenge Trips was odd. Good segment though. Personally, I'd put these two in separate matches at WM but I don't mind seeing Episode 3 of this match.

Bryan is really blossoming as champ, think he deserves the chance to defend at Mania, although Sheamus will send the crowd home happy.

Glad Jericho did something, great to see the codebreaker

& Undi's return.

tidy show, builds thing nicely for the Chamber.

Does anyone know if it was true that Taker shaved all his hair off a while back? There was a picture floating around for a bit that seemed to suggest so. If so, is that a wig he was wearing? After seeing gain magically gain hair I consider myself a hair conspiracy theorist.

Does anyone know if it was true that Taker shaved all his hair off a while back? There was a picture floating around for a bit that seemed to suggest so. If so, is that a wig he was wearing? After seeing gain magically gain hair I consider myself a hair conspiracy theorist.

Is this the photo of him scuba diving? Because I remember someone linking to it saying "look he has no hair" but really it was just slicked back.

Is this the photo of him scuba diving? Because I remember someone linking to it saying "look he has no hair" but really it was just slicked back.

Undertaker-Bald.png

Archived