WWE Raw Discussion Thread - 30/01/12

stumobir

• Paid Members
Ace and Regal talking kids just after the opening segments is one of the most brilliant bits of split-second silliness they've ever done. Fabulous work.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed. Raw rarely gives me a belly laugh and this was one of those rare occasions.

I think its fairly obvious why he's challenging Triple H. Triple H never looked it trouble during the whole bout last year, and Undertaker was beaten so bad he had to pull a victory out of the jaws of defeat and he was so badly hammered by Triple H he got carried out on a stretcher and hasnt been seen since. Undertaker has as much to prove as Triple H. In the Undertakers eyes, not walking out of Mania could be seen as a psychological blow for him. I can see Triple H playing mind games with the Undertaker until he agrees to the match on HHH's terms. Maybe with Michaels as referee and his career on the line.

Triple H is the COO and a company head. He's moved on with his life since last year. The Undertaker's been sitting in that cabin mulling over the injuries he suffered at the hands of Triple H, wondering if he has it in him. Thats where I see it going.

I also like the fact that last year, Triple H was hell bent on ending the Streak, but this year he isn't bothered, because he beat 'Taker so bad last time and kind of has pity for him now. That's what the pat on the shoulder signified for me, anyway. Triple H no longer fear 'Taker and thinks he's done.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know if it was true that Taker shaved all his hair off a while back? There was a picture floating around for a bit that seemed to suggest so. If so, is that a wig he was wearing? After seeing gain magically gain hair I consider myself a hair conspiracy theorist.

Is this the photo of him scuba diving? Because I remember someone linking to it saying "look he has no hair" but really it was just slicked back.

Undertaker-Bald.png

Ah... no then.

Either that or the watcher's from Fringe are branching out.

I loved Punk vs Bryan, Ziggler vs Orton was great (i also enjoyed the old school split screen with Barrett), Miz vs Kofi was ok as well but itsucked there was no Kharma.

I wouldn't have thought Kharma would be back for a while yet. She was a one-nighter at the Rumble.

• Paid Members

Yeah, her Rumble stint didn't require her to do a whole lot. She had the kid on the 31st December (a month premature but completely healthy) so she probably hasn't even started getting back into ring shape yet.

To anyone endorsing the Regal thing as great or whatever... How does it fit within the storyline world of Raw?

By that I mean... Does Regal's character have kids in his attic now? If not... Then how is it a funny/great thing? How does it work in the storyline world of Raw? Why is Regal (the character) saying that to Ace (the character)???

I think I already know the answers, and people who want to defend it for the sake of defending it will be able to think of a rationalisation anyway (Ace doesn't really listen! And Regal was just yanking his chain! Blah blah blah)... But just want people to realise that when things like 'Mae Young giving birth to a hand' happen... It's because the level of care/attention applied re: logic/sense has dropped WAY too low, and a similar lack of care/attention was applied to that Regal nonsense.

"LOL! Hornswoggle did a rap!"... "LOL! Sheamus is related to Beaker!"... "LOL! Vince turned water into wine!"... "LOL! Regal said he keeps his kids in the attic!"

etc etc etc.

Raw has been too goofy and lame for nearly 10 years. Thus, that segment wasn't the funniest IMO. Was just another symptom of the flawed creative underpinnings.

Wow, you've over thought that. Twice.

It was a throwaway segment to show Ace as being out of touch, but trying desperately to show how much of a good boss he is. Anyway, Regal is an afterthought, in no serious danger of a proper push any time soon. The segment was funny, it ended, it's forgotten.

If you like, just pretend he was being glib.

Wow, you've over thought that. Twice.

It was a throwaway segment to show Ace as being out of touch, but trying desperately to show how much of a good boss he is. Anyway, Regal is an afterthought, in no serious danger of a proper push any time soon. The segment was funny, it ended, it's forgotten.

If you like, just pretend he was being glib.

I've not over thought it. I've just 'thought' it. WWE creative don't seem to. A lot of fans don't seem to. Or at least, they're selective (as they'll bash some illogical shit at one time, then laugh about some other illogical shit)...

People are welcome to enjoy ANY throwaway nonsense which doesn't make logical sense. I am happy for them. Just saying I don't, and can certainly understand why people might struggle to get on board with WWE's product these days, as it's so creatively slapdash and lame.

Archived