WWE Raw Discussion Thread - 30/01/12

stumobir

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me it seemed like Regal was taking the piss out of John boy as he doesnt listen to anyone and is a dick. Type of person that just nods and says yes. More people should of voiced the fact they dont like him

• Moderators

Or maybe he banged the Duchess of Queensbury after Backlash back in 2001, and due to her advanced years the baby came out all mong and siamese. WWE never said he hadn't.

To me it seemed like Regal was taking the piss out of John boy as he doesnt listen to anyone and is a dick. Type of person that just nods and says yes. More people should of voiced the fact they dont like him

And we have a winner. That's exactly what it was. Hence Johnny Ace going on about "Fifth Grade" being a tough time while Regal was telling him and Regal making a face at the end of it. Snowball Fighter's wronger than paedophilia on this.

• Paid Members

I fell asleep during Punk/Bryan (through tiredness, rather than anything wrong it, honest) and just skimmed through the rest now. That last segment was brilliant, from the second HHH came out. First he had the crowd eating out of the palm of hand getting ready to fire Ace. Then for the second year running him and Taker managed to kick off a feud without even uttering a word. Fantastic!

They're called legends for a reason, kids. Insider Phil and Y2J have two months now to build up their match. Let's see what they've got!

Dunno if you're all being intentionally blinkered or what now. Or trying to save face after speaking positively about an arguably crappy show. Appreciate the comedy and zingers and whatnot though... Some good efforts! Nice.

ANYWAY!... For those still wanting to track the actual argument (if anyone)... The Regal thing is small and throwaway, yes, obviously, I described it that way myself... However, the overall lameness of WWE (to me) is big and important. The two things are related.

Can maybe get away with it when it's a throwaway Regal thing, but they make faux pas all the time. It comes from not caring enough about logic/sense. Can write a list as long as your arm of examples of illogical goofy crap WWE have perpetrated. That is the context I took the Regal moment in. That is the context it actually exists in IMO.

Snowball Fighter - has anything been said on WWE television within the last five years that would specify that William Regal doesn't have conjoined twin daughters in the attic?

There was nothing to specify that Sheamus wasn't related to Beaker. That doesn't really, y'know... Doesn't really mean anything. Where are you going with this?

Remember, I was making an overall point as to why I took the Regal thing a different way. If you're trying to justify the Regal thing as OK, as others have (and I did that myself BTW) then you'll have to justify all the other examples I gave and tie it all together. You won't be addressing my point otherwise.

I dont understand what your getting at this is wrestling logic doesnt come into it 90% of the time. Wrestling is wrestling there is no point dissecting it either enjoy it or dont that my tactic.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Anyway that was a very good Raw for the most part though you have to feel for Ziggler being jobbed two nights in a row.

He really needs to be rid of VG he didnt need her at the Rumble and she done nothing on Raw but he needs to a stay a heel. I feel he is like Ryder in that his internet persona is better then his tv one. Bits of it is coming through but he needs rid of VG to really breakout

• Paid Members

Aye, Vickie Guerrero's the pits now. Her acts gone as far as it can, and she doesnt add anything to Raw or Smackdown anymore. She gets heat, but whats the point in that? Bring back Arab characters if you want crowd heat with no actually money being drawn. I'd understand if Ziggler had no presence or skill on the microphone, but he does. I dont get why she's there.

She's Karen Angle in 2008.

I think if he could do his fast promos like he does on Ryder show and actually showed off some actual talents instead of sittups or pressups he aint no Big Poppa pump he will be fine. Give VG to someone like Swagger he needs as much help as he can get

• Paid Members

Very strong show I thought.

Opening segment was alright. I liked Laurnatis' schmoozing on the way to the ring. Punk wasn't very funny and I thought Bryan comfortably out-performed him here in terms of his delivery and his fantastic facials. Sheamus was good too.

Orton vs Ziggler was good stuff. Orton looked tremendous at the Rumble and he did here as well. Such a great intensity about him, and I love how he puts over just how fucking great it feels to hit that snap powerslam. I still love all his pre-RKO theatrics too. Ziggler was great too, even if it was a bit of a glorified squash. He showed some great charisma when he got the chance, and then bumped like an absolute champ for Orton for the rest. The bit where he got pinged into the barrier looked superb. It's been cool getting a chance to see how good he is after reading about it on here.

The little Regal/Laurinatis thing actually made me laugh out loud, and I'm glad one or two others pointed it out as well. The idea was fun in itself, but I laughed purely based on Regal's amazing expressions. I love Regal.

Troll account, or world's most negative and boring man?

You decide!

That is a very tough one to answer. Regal was taking the piss during the segment anyway. I hope it's a troll account.

I had a big goofy grin on my face from the second I saw the giant disco ball for Brodus, which remained until he beat Jobby Jobberson and funked on home. I hope Reks was chosen just for the Funkasauras vs. T. Reks pun.

I liked the "my preachy self-righteous lifestyle choice is cooler than your preachy self-righteous lifestyle choice" segment with Bryan and Punk.

Bryan vs Punk was a cracking match. Better than anything on the Rumble undercard quite comfortably. Liked the finish as well. The match allowed for Bryan to look strong in a good back and forth against Punk, and then still come off as a prick by looking so very pleased with himself about the gifted win. So now he has a win over Punk to brag about, which is excellent.

Miz vs Kofi was good solid TV fare.

Eve Torres should probably call the police or something. Or at least speak to HR about Kane. This is exactly what I wanted to see from Cena vs Kane at the Rumble, so I approve heartily. The Rumble match just felt like another RAW ending leading to this kind of blow off, as if they got the two shows the wrong way round. Again, the whole story has been pretty stupid, but this is the what they've been building to and I think it delivered and Cena was great in it.

Closing segment made me ten years old again and I loved it. I thought the commentators going completely silent for the duration was a fantastic touch in particular.

Very enjoyable show overrall, and again, much stronger than the Rumble for the most part, and I didn't hate the Rumble either.

Archived