The UKFF's 50 Favourite Films 2012 - The Results!

Devon Malcolm

Die Hard code is: 1, 3, 4, 2, Under Siege.

Although, having rewatched 2 over Christmas it was actually much, much better than I remembered and thus I'd maybe, maybe put it ahead of the overhated 4 simply because it feels more like a Die Hard flick.

Although, having rewatched 2 over Christmas it was actually much, much better than I remembered and thus I'd maybe, maybe put it ahead of the overhated 4 simply because it feels more like a Die Hard flick.

That too is my order of preference.

Anyone remember the Die Hard Trilogy game on the Playstation? Three very different games all rolled into one.

• Awards Moderator

Anyone remember the Die Hard Trilogy game on the Playstation? Three very different games all rolled into one.

That's my order too.

I remember that game, despite my preference of films I enjoyed the game of 2 most.

The Die Hard 2 shooter was awesome, the driving game bullshit of Vengeance never got much play.

The Die Hard 2 shooter was awesome, the driving game bullshit of Vengeance never got much play.

I had the gun for the Playstation, so 2 got much more play than either of the others. I did enjoy 3, it was almost like a GTA III taster.

With the caveat that they're ALL good films, I think my code is 1,2,4,3. The last 2 sequels lack that Christmassy feel that made the first two so special. I've really enjoyed 4 both times I saw it, and can't see why people think it's not Diehardy enough.

Of all the action movie series, it has the highest consistent quality.

• Paid Members

My Die Hard Code is 3.

Yeah, not seen the others yet. But i've had a special edition box set of the Trilogy for ages. I always intend to watch the first two at Crimbo but never seem to. This year, maybe.

I haven't seen Predator since the first time, when i can't remember how old i would have been but i hadn't been around long. One of those i remember loving and can't believe i haven't watched since. Something i really should change.

So what does everybody reckon is going to make up the top 3?

More Spielberg? More Scorsese? More action? More Star Wars? Spinal Tap?

• Paid Members

Not being a fan of Bruce Willis, I didn't get as much enjoyment out of the Die Hard series as I might if it had been made with a different actor.

Even so, I don't think I'd consider any of them to be better than Aliens of Predator.