TildeGuys January Football Transfers Thread

TildeGuy~!

Maynard to West Ham seems to be a done deal 2.5million 3.5 year contract

Lee Johnson and Nicky Hunt have had their contract terminated so can seek other clubs

No incomings as yet, doubt there will be

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adam Johnson to Everton on loan is picking up round the office at the moment.

FUCK! Where will Man City get a replacement midfielder at this hour?

Probably Arsenal. They are our feeder club after all.

And all those signings worked out ever so well for you didn't they?

When we are sitting at the top of the league, then yeah they must have

As that's got everything to do with Arsenal's players hasn't it? Adebayor? Waste of time at City. Toure? Shite and a drugs cheat. Clichy? barely gets a game and is a complete liability when played. Nasri? Well he hasn't been half the player he was at Arsenal but time may tell.

Considering the money city paid for these players, and only ONE looks like he could be possibly be a decent signing, I'm quite certain that Arsenal may be happy with the shit load of money they received.

Adebayor was a waste of time, but that was down to his attitude more than anything, Kolo Toure has been overshadowed by Lescott and Kompany forming one of the better central defences in the league over the past two seasons. Clichy barely gets a game? Are you for real? He is our first choice left back, the only matches he really missed were some cup matches and a short period where he was injured. Kolarov has been knocked back to second choice now and has been all season. Nasri hasnt appeared to be half the player he was at Arsenal as he is now playing with players twice better than him. When you have David Silva, Yaya Toure, and Sergio Aguero in your squad as opposed to Marouane Chamakh, Niclas Bendtner and Tomas Rosicky your not going to outshine those players like you did at your former club, however as "bad" as he has appeared to be, he's joint 3rd in the assists league table this season!

Orient captain Stephen Dawson has moved to Barnsley for "an undisclosed six figure fee". Russell Slade is quoted as saying "We did everything in our power for Stephen to stay and he was offered an excellent deal."

I assume money was freed up by Vaz Te's move to West Ham, giving me another reason to be happy we pissed off Barry Hearn.

Nasri hasnt appeared to be half the player he was at Arsenal as he is now playing with players twice better than him.

Cesc Fabregas and Robin Van Persie are both better than him and any City players.

Didn't Nasri only have 6 real good months at Arsenal? Before that i thought he looked quite average.

Not exactly jumping for joy at the thought of Saha but i guess he offers us cover for Adebayor and unlike Defoe he can play as a lone front man.

Football is skint isn't it? This has been one of the most boring deadline days i can remember.

Nasri hasnt appeared to be half the player he was at Arsenal as he is now playing with players twice better than him.

Cesc Fabregas and Robin Van Persie are both better than him and any City players.

Didn't Nasri only have 6 real good months at Arsenal? Before that i thought he looked quite average.

Not exactly jumping for joy at the thought of Saha but i guess he offers us cover for Adebayor and unlike Defoe he can play as a lone front man.

Football is skint isn't it? This has been one of the most boring deadline days i can remember.

...but unfortunately not very well....just ask the Evertonians what they've had to endure!

He never looked average exactly, the talent was always there. It's just about getting him to use his ability effectively. Arsene finally got him to do so briefly and he became billy big bollocks, went back to his old ways and then got his move. Unfortunately he'll probably mature into a properly great player in time, be interesting to see if it's at City or elsewhere. Spurs fans should pray that he does an Adebayor.

• Paid Members

You're not far wrong. His first couple of seasons were inconsistent- shades of pure brilliance but ultimately absent most of the time. He was incredible first half of last season, but the second half he reverted back mostly to being absent on the pitch.

Can anyone figure out why Spurs want to sign Louis Saha?

Hopefully Moyes is bunging 'Arry a few quid to take him off our hands.

But seriously i assume it will be as pure cheap experienced back up to use as sub late on in games, as opposed to sticking him up front on his own hoofing long balls up to him and a midfield with the creativity of a turd behind him.

Use him right and with decent service which Spurs can provide and he will get a few goals for them. Sure he's pretty old now but you don't lose the talent he has.

...but unfortunately not very well....just ask the Evertonians what they've had to endure!

I know his been terrible this year but before that his record is pretty good.

Don't get me wrong i don't exactly want him but as a third choice striker i can't moan too much. Apparently were trying to get Krasic or Hoillett in.

Archived