TildeGuys January Football Transfers Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

FFS. I just spent a couple of minutes putting together a response, and was meant to finish with 'tomorrow I'll be hitting the F5 key on BBC live feed all day'- instead of typing F5 I pressed the fucking F5 key and lost my post.

I can't be bothered to re-type it all, but the jist was: don't think this year will be a touch on last year, can't see any Torres/Carroll equivalent big deals, will still be glued to SSN though

Am I the only one who finds it a bit odd that on Transfer Deadline Day there's fixtures? Surely you're preparing for the game, playing the game and all other things which basically hamper your ability to do last minute deals. Anyone in on the team sheet cannot be bought/sold

I see Bolton have been linked with Wilfried Zaha as other clubs have been in this window. Can someone who regularly watches Palace tell me what position he actually plays? Conflicting sources say striker, second striker or winger. If he is an out and out striker, a record of 3 career league goals in 60-odd games doesn't inspire confidence.

I see Bolton have been linked with Wilfried Zaha as other clubs have been in this window. Can someone who regularly watches Palace tell me what position he actually plays? Conflicting sources say striker, second striker or winger. If he is an out and out striker, a record of 3 career league goals in 60-odd games doesn't inspire confidence.

He's a second striker, but plays mostly as a winger. He's only 19, so 3 career league goals can be excused. I'd hazard a guess that the 60 odd games weren't as a starter and more as a late substitute.

Wayne Bridge is having a medical ahead of a loan move to us. I can only hope it's simply because Mr. O'Neill fancies a crack at his lass, because Bridge is a busted flush judging by his loan spell to West Ham and the pitiful amount of first team football he's played in the last two years. Still, I have complete faith in MON, so hopefully Bridge isn't as terrible as I think he is.

Archived