TildeGuys January Football Transfers Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

So, just over 24 hours left in this transfer window. I don't expect Arsenal to sign anyone by then, or any of the big Premier League clubs (other than Liverpool perhaps).

TildeGuy, you must be disappointed with the window this year. Been a bit shit, hasn't it?

Potentially an excellent signing for the Timbers if they can feed him right. They traded their best striker and are paying Boyd enough money to make him a designated player. Problem is Boyd's all-round game isn't there.

What kind of player is Boyd? I remember hearing that one of the reasons the Timbers traded Cooper was because he wasn't a target man and that's what they wanted.

Potentially an excellent signing for the Timbers if they can feed him right. They traded their best striker and are paying Boyd enough money to make him a designated player. Problem is Boyd's all-round game isn't there.

What kind of player is Boyd? I remember hearing that one of the reasons the Timbers traded Cooper was because he wasn't a target man and that's what they wanted.

He's a typical poacher, needs good service in the 6 yard box.

That Cisse signing is an interesting one, ecspecially considering he's only signed for Lazio last summer. On one hand at Panathanikos he had a very impressive goalscoring ratio, that is until he started getting racially abused and was unhappy with the referee's decisions. Not sure how coming to England will see a drastic improvement in the refereeing standards he's after, though. On the other hand since coming to Lazio he's barely featured in the first team and has barely scored, so it's down to Hughes really to be able to motivate him.

Archived