TildeGuys January Football Transfers Thread

TildeGuy~!

Saha and Nelsen might well be signings influenced by the incoming Financial Fair Play rules - Spurs keep the same numbers squad size wise, but their wages will probably be a lot lower than Bassong and Pavlyuchenko who were both bought when their reputations were at their highest - might well give them more room for manoeuvre to attract higher profile players in the summer now Champions League looks quite likely for them.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saha and Nelsen might well be signings influenced by the incoming Financial Fair Play rules - Spurs keep the same numbers squad size wise, but their wages will probably be a lot lower than Bassong and Pavlyuchenko who were both bought when their reputations were at their highest - might well give them more room for manoeuvre to attract higher profile players in the summer now Champions League looks quite likely for them.

We pay rubbish wages and charge the earth for tickets.

Pav and Bassong wanted to go and this is simply the best we could come up with. Pathetic stuff.

On the plus side a fella on a Spurs board called the whole thing hours ago, the Nelson thing seemed absurd so everyone thought he was a wum but obviously not. He also reckons we have Hazard lined up for the summer so fingers crossed and his info keeps being true.

BBC reporting Nicky Maynard has sealed a move to West Ham. They're really stockpiling strikers aren't they? That's Ze Eduardo, Ricardo Vaz Te and Maynard brought in over the last 2 days to go along with Carlton Cole, Frederic Piquionne, Sam Baldock, John Carew and Freddie Sears. At least 2 of those to leave on loans/free transfers in the next few days? Seems like an excessive amount to me.

From bbc news...... There's always at least one. Yes, the window has closed but... Steven Pienaar could still be on his way back to Everton after all in a loan deal. I'll keep you posted. Fingers crossed peanuts comes home

OFFICIAL: Steven Pienaar has rejoined Everton on loan from Spurs until the end of the season.

BBC reporting Nicky Maynard has sealed a move to West Ham. They're really stockpiling strikers aren't they? That's Ze Eduardo, Ricardo Vaz Te and Maynard brought in over the last 2 days to go along with Carlton Cole, Frederic Piquionne, Sam Baldock, John Carew and Freddie Sears. At least 2 of those to leave on loans/free transfers in the next few days? Seems like an excessive amount to me.

I didn't see the Ze Eduardo deal actually confirmed anywhere so I don't think it went through. As I said at the start of the window, we don't have a regular scorer like Ross McCormack or a Rickie Lambert. Of what we have, Cole and Baldock are regularly useful central strikers, the others are either not good enough or not consistent enough. Even Cole, our top scorer this season, is both too streaky and too maddeningly inconsistent to be regularly relied upon.

Therefore, Allardyce decided we needed a goalscoring winger and a new goalscoring winger to keep up with the Joneses. Southampton signed Sharp, Birmingham are coming on like a freight train and Cardiff won't go away. We need to be one step ahead. Vaz Te will be operating as a second striker from wide and Maynard will slot in as a centre forward. Baldock will play when they need two up front, Cole can be used as an impact substitute. Whether it will work or not, it's certainly half decent business. Two forwards, total price of around 2.15m, over a million less than what we paid for Baldock. Plus they fit the Allardyce bill; they're "obvious" signings.

Morrison is possibly a completely idiotic signing. The talk is that the fee and the lad's contract is heavily weighted towards performance-based criteria. If we get promoted and he starts to perform, his wages go up as does the fee.

As I said, we're in an arms race here.

I didn't see the Ze Eduardo deal actually confirmed anywhere so I don't think it went through. As I said at the start of the window, we don't have a regular scorer like Ross McCormack or a Rickie Lambert. Of what we have, Cole and Baldock are regularly useful central strikers, the others are either not good enough or not consistent enough. Even Cole, our top scorer this season, is both too streaky and too maddeningly inconsistent to be regularly relied upon.

Therefore, Allardyce decided we needed a goalscoring winger and a new goalscoring winger to keep up with the Joneses. Southampton signed Sharp, Birmingham are coming on like a freight train and Cardiff won't go away. We need to be one step ahead. Vaz Te will be operating as a second striker from wide and Maynard will slot in as a centre forward. Baldock will play when they need two up front, Cole can be used as an impact substitute. Whether it will work or not, it's certainly half decent business. Two forwards, total price of around 2.15m, over a million less than what we paid for Baldock. Plus they fit the Allardyce bill; they're "obvious" signings.

Morrison is possibly a completely idiotic signing. The talk is that the fee and the lad's contract is heavily weighted towards performance-based criteria. If we get promoted and he starts to perform, his wages go up as does the fee.

As I said, we're in an arms race here.

Oh yes definitely good signings for the Hammers and they should really get promoted with the group of players they have now - although they were considered one of the favourites for promotion already, the other top teams seem to be getting stronger too as you said so it was important for them to strengthen which they definitely have done. Would you be surprised to see them "trim the fat" so to speak and get rid of either/both Piquionne and Carew? I don't see either getting in the side with the strikeforce that Allardyce now has, and as you said, they fall under the not good enough/not consistent enough bracket. I know the Daily Mail reported earlier in the window that Piquionne was joining Wolves on a free transfer but that turned out to be rubbish. Maybe not Carew as he only joined in the summer, but then again he doesn't seem to have made much of an impact.

We pay rubbish wages and charge the earth for tickets.

Pav and Bassong wanted to go and this is simply the best we could come up with. Pathetic stuff.

Oh come on, its minimal business of chipping out two reserve (practically) players and bringing another two in whilst saving a fair few quid in the process. You have four first choice centre backs in front of Nelson and two strikers and VDV infront of Saha. If anything, it shows your club has sense and a plan that they have players lined up if they are able to offload some at the last minute. What do some fans expect sometimes?

i think if bolton complete the marvin sordell deal then compared to some of the prices going about for other players at 3m is a pretty good buy always looked impressive evertime ive seen him. shame the zaha deal gone quiet.

I'm happy with that deal. I was hoping that we were gonna pull off the Zaha deal late on too as well as Sordell, but then we'd have been spending over

Oh yes definitely good signings for the Hammers and they should really get promoted with the group of players they have now - although they were considered one of the favourites for promotion already, the other top teams seem to be getting stronger too as you said so it was important for them to strengthen which they definitely have done. Would you be surprised to see them "trim the fat" so to speak and get rid of either/both Piquionne and Carew? I don't see either getting in the side with the strikeforce that Allardyce now has, and as you said, they fall under the not good enough/not consistent enough bracket. I know the Daily Mail reported earlier in the window that Piquionne was joining Wolves on a free transfer but that turned out to be rubbish. Maybe not Carew as he only joined in the summer, but then again he doesn't seem to have made much of an impact.

The problem is, who's going to take them? Piquionne is on Premier League wages, he's scored only twice this season and one of them was an utter fluke. The one serious offer we had for him was from Doncaster to take him on one of their

Archived