Favourite Jobber!?

TAP Management

• Paid Members
Koko B'ware. He was over back in the day but never seemed to win any match I ever seen him in.

Koko was not a jobber. He was the very definition of a JTTS. He had a gimmick, entrance music and a finisher. If you ever watched the first Fan Favourites tape, you can see him put Brooklyn Brawler away with the Ghostbuster. Then there was his High Energy period where he and Owen were allowed to win loads of matches against actual jobbers and even some real teams albeit usually by disqualification. I'm sure they got to beat The Nasty Boys and they might even have beaten Money Inc in said manner. There is even an 8man on a Coliseum tape where they and the Natural Disasters beat (IIRC) the Beverlys and Money Inc where they let Koko take the pinfall after the hapless heel has absorbed a Tidal Wave and an Earthquake.

What about Crush's jobber phase?

Did you dream this? I don't remember Big Bri ever being squash fodder.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Koko B'ware. He was over back in the day but never seemed to win any match I ever seen him in.

Koko was not a jobber. He was the very definition of a JTTS. He had a gimmick, entrance music and a finisher. If you ever watched the first Fan Favourites tape, you can see him put Brooklyn Brawler away with the Ghostbuster. Then there was his High Energy period where he and Owen were allowed to win loads of matches against actual jobbers and even some real teams albeit usually by disqualification. I'm sure they got to beat The Nasty Boys and they might even have beaten Money Inc in said manner. There is even an 8man on a Coliseum tape where they and the Natural Disasters beat (IIRC) the Beverlys and Money Inc where they let Koko take the pinfall after the hapless heel has absorbed a Tidal Wave and an Earthquake.

Only to the Undertaker

Koko was killing poor bastards with the Ghostbuster on a near weekly basis on Challenge in 87/88. And I mean killing them. Easily the nastiest finisher in those days.

Well obviously he was over as fuck when he was doing his multi-coloured outfits thing but allegedly he was used for squashes when he was doing his facepaint thing. Maybe I dreamt it, maybe bigger boys told me. I can't seem to find any evidence of it if anybody else knows any more of it?

• Paid Members

As someone mentioned earlier, i assumed that there was a difference between established WWF stars used to put people over, such as skinner, virgil and Koko, they had an entrance and beat no names on superstars and the like.

The 'no names' are what i would call jobbers. Even if they became familier enough for people to know 'such as the brwler', he didnt have an action figure.

I peronally believe Brawler, Horrowitz & Gill (because of the gillberg run) are the most famous, the regular jobber if you will, followed by the likes of Iron Mike and Jim Powers.

• 5 years later...
  • Paid Members

As this has been bumped there is a mini tag tournament on a clash that has Williams and Gordy cut a promo in short silk dressing gowns before killing the Australian superstars The O'days. I don't think anyone looks more like a job guy than papa O'day.

A jobber is someone who loses the majority of matches but puts over their opponent. Like in boxing journeymen get brought in to basically test the promoters top talent and should lose which makes the promoter m ore money from their star looking like a champion.

The good jobbers are the ones who lasted the longest in the wwe like Barry Horowitz, Brooklyn Brawler, and to nowadays guys like Heath Slater, The Hype Bros and Curt Hawkins.

• Paid Members

I remember watching Randy Starr getting squashed week in & week out on the episodes of WCW Worldwide my Mum would video for me back in 82-93. The 1986 NWA World Championship Wrestling stuff on the Network has a fair few on there such as The Italian Stallion and Thunderfoot.

Archived