Favourite Jobber!?

TAP Management

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 30/11/2017 at 8:09 PM, NoUseforaUsername said:

http://whatculture.com/wwe/10-more-early-90s-wwe-superstars-you-totally-dont-remember?page=2

Re: No. 10 on the list, Al Perez.

First thought: he looks exactly like Seth Rollins.

Second thought: how did WWE not push a guy with those good looks and that body?

Good article; it passes the time.

Battle Kat even had his own spot in the WWF sticker book. I was quite fascinated by the character at the time because i had his stickers but i had never (and still haven't) actually seen him wrestle.

• Paid Members
On 30/11/2017 at 8:09 PM, NoUseforaUsername said:

http://whatculture.com/wwe/10-more-early-90s-wwe-superstars-you-totally-dont-remember?page=2

Re: No. 10 on the list, Al Perez.

First thought: he looks exactly like Seth Rollins.

Second thought: how did WWE not push a guy with those good looks and that body?

Good article; it passes the time.

I remember Pistol Pez Whatley and Barry Windham having a good match on an old WCW Saturday Night episode while Windham was NWA World Champion. He always used to try and make the job guys look good, even though it was their job to make him look good.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I instantly thought of the Theroux wrestling doc when I saw Pistol Pez's name. He came off pretty well from what I remember. 

Wonder whatever became of the guys in that little independent group on there. The ones who were diving into barbed wire and stuff in what looked like a school assembly hall. 

• Paid Members

The bit when he's soaked in blood after his match and is talking about the post-match meal he's looking forward to made me laugh.

Louis: What are you going to have? 

Poor Man's Balls: I'm gonna have a ham and egg omelette...uhh, well of course egg...it's an omelette. Uhh...a ham and cheese omelette. 

Thick as fuck but seemed likeable enough. 

15 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Battle Kat even had his own spot in the WWF sticker book. I was quite fascinated by the character at the time because i had his stickers but i had never (and still haven't) actually seen him wrestle.

I don't think he was in the sticker album. The Brooklyn Brawler was. They did do a two page feature on Battle Kat in the WWF magazine though.

15 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Pistol Pez Whatley will forever be linked to Louis Theroux for me.

When I first started liking wrestling 1989 /90, I thought that Pistol Pez was a massive star as he was always in those cheap wrestling magazines like 'Wrestling Eye' which always featured the smaller indie promotions (I'm guessing as they couldn't get shots from the NWA and the WWF was massively against independent photographers at their events).

I was forever waiting for the likes of Pistol Pez, DC Drake and Ox Baker to turn up on WWF TV as they must have been massive stars with their full page photo spreads next to the apartment wrestling ads in the mags.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

I don't think he was in the sticker album. The Brooklyn Brawler was. They did do a two page feature on Battle Kat in the WWF magazine though.

ahhh yeh that was it.

battlekatmag1.jpg

• Awards Moderator
5 minutes ago, Tiki said:

BTS83.jpg

Hard to say why, loved seeing him getting squashed though. Never knew about his career other than being a classic WWF jobber. Surprised to get to page 5 without a mention (unless I missed it)!

I remember when Stevie Richards had a column on the back page of the WWF magazine and wrote one about Spicolli - first time I’d ever heard of him and, sheltered life that I’d led, the first real discussion of early deaths in wrestling I’d read about (other than Owen Hart). 

I’ve seen him in ECW but never actually seen any of his WWF job stuff.

• Paid Members

Didn't you see his little run as Rad Radford in 95? Don't think I ever saw him win a match then either though, come to think of it. He was basically a jobber but with his own entrance music as Rad Radford, wasn't he? 

Archived