Wrestling Myths

JohnnyChimpo

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

I'm with Ian on this...

Didn't George Steele talk this year about how Vince wanted Savage to be a real higher-up in the company and was starting to prepare him for that sort of role when he left, and so took the jump to WCW really badly? The way Steele wrote about it, I found it much more plausible than Savage thagomizing Steph.

What things in wrestling do you often hear people refer to as being a fact when its really just a case of chinese whispers or retelling history?

Stuff like:

Undertaker was going to the kick the shit out of Shawn Michaels if he refused to drop the title to Steve Austin at Mania 14.

Not buying that as a myth. Wasn't aware of Cornette until this thread but I'm sure that at various times Taker, Austin, JR, Shamrock and someone else may well have been Bigelow (who in fairness wasn't there) all either confirmed it or hinted it was true.

The only person I've seen deny it is Michaels himself. The taping his fists part may well be a myth though.

In 2003, Raw would always open with a 20 minute Triple H monologue.

Nah, it just felt like it.

CM Punk is a main eventer (har har).

Good point. :sly:

Anything ya

I remember one rumour that Ric Flair had a breakdown in the middle of a match, apparently he sat I the corner and burst into tears. But after years of searching, never found a shred of evidence. I also heard various dumping related stories, my favourite being that Sid crapped himself during a match. Also did anyone ever read a story of a flight were the rockers and a few other wrestlers started a drinking game with some random people (one of them being a large breasted female) and they got her so drunk she threw up all over herself and passed out, to which they then proceeded to 'play' with her?

In addition to the "shitting" stories, I'm sure I read somewhere that Butch Reed would piss on the furniture in every hotel room he stayed in. Kinda marking his territory or something perhaps.

I also read that Virgil was only given a job because he agreed to let Pat Patterson stroke his knob.

• Paid Members
I'm sure some story was in the "Sleeze" thread that had Shawn michaels pulling 3 or 4 birds, and once down to the action he just stood up an pissed on all 4 of them. Again could be a myth, but doesnt really suprise me from old school michaels.

But other than the fact that has Michaels in it, it has nothing to do with wrestling. Wrestling sleaze can fuck right off as far as this thread is concerned. Lets keep it to things that are about wrestling, and not

The unmasked Kane isn't the original Kane is still a rumour that runs rampant among the casual fan. In fact when I mentioned the Kane promos that have been doing the rounds to my 37 year old Cousin, he told me there was two Kanes.

Undertaker use to be called Kane The Undertaker so you can argue that there were two Kanes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwUrtX8JnpI

Also yes I did get Piper and Hogan mixed up.

Someone said earlier Glen Jacobs wrestled at Survivor Series 93. I still think this is true, he was Red Knight along with Barry Horowitz and Greg Valentine.

Can anyone confirm the story that Andre the Giant fell asleep during a match? I heard it was late in his career and just fell asleep while waiting for a tag or in a headlock. Think it was the headlock, the tag was Dennis Rodman.

Archived