Wrestling Myths

JohnnyChimpo

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm still unsure if the Macho man screwing stephanie story is real. Is that just a myth???????????

It first sprang up in the awful DVDVR "wrestling sleaze" list amongst countless other far-fetched (/untrue) anecdotes. The original version was demonstrably untrue, since it said he had diddled a 14-year-old Steph in 1994/95; she was 18/19 in those years.

• Paid Members

I'm waiting for someone to deny it, and they never have. Meltzer said he's heard its true. A lot of 80s wrestlers have said "it wouldnt surprise me". Even Lanny Poffo never denied it. Lanny even said "I dont have the balls to ask my brother why, but if your on the internet you probably already know", in response to why WWE hate Savage.

It seems true.

• Moderators
Yeah, I presume the Bob Ryder/Storm/Abyss stories are made up; in fact were made up specifically during the famous DVDForum thread.

I disagree. Bob Ryder's a bit of a Bert Prentice like character I reckon.

• Paid Members

There are to many of those type of rumours around for some of them not to have some truth to them. Every federations had their fat gay bloke in power. Bert, Ronnie P, Pat, Bob just to name a few. I cant for a second not believe that the Virgil and Pat Patterson story isnt true. Makes you wonder who else Pat sorted out during his early years. I'm thinking the Tito Santana type wrestlers. The likes of Warrior, Hogan and Jake Roberts had other options.

Chris Harris for years followed Bob Ryder around, though. Ryder got him his job in WCW and TNA.

• Paid Members

The Al Perez story sounds true. Brickhouse Brown he was gone a few weeks after Pat held onto his balls. Brickhouse did say when he was skint after two divorces, he was thinking after phoning Patterson back up to still see if the offer was open though.

I liked the story of David Flair waking up to a wanking Victor Quinones.

• Paid Members

The Taker/Michaels WM14 thing, I remember someone (I'm thinking Bigelow but could be wrong) in a shoot interview saying that after Takers match with Kane he sat in the locker room taping his fists to let Michaels know what would happen if he didn't drop the belt.

One I used to hear at school around 92ish was the old Warrior is dead one. And the version I heard was Kerry Von Erich got painted up and replaced him.

Another one that went round our school was that before his death, Owen Hart was planned to win the world title at Wrestlemania in 2000, which is clearly shite. With the likes of Austin, Rock, Taker, Foley, Triple H on the rise plus the fact that he was in the fucking Blue Blazer gimmick and feuding with the Godfather, he had no chance.

• Paid Members
There are to many of those type of rumours around for some of them not to have some truth to them. Every federations had their fat gay bloke in power. Bert, Ronnie P, Pat, Bob just to name a few. I cant for a second not believe that the Virgil and Pat Patterson story isnt true. Makes you wonder who else Pat sorted out during his early years. I'm thinking the Tito Santana type wrestlers. The likes of Warrior, Hogan and Jake Roberts had other options.

Chris Harris for years followed Bob Ryder around, though. Ryder got him his job in WCW and TNA.

Who was the black bloke/agent maybe? who was meant to be going round sucking people's toes while they were asleep? I've seen that mentioned a few times, think Rick Steiner mentioned it in his shoot interview aswell. Creepy as fuck that guy sounded.

• Paid Members

Jim Cornette said the Michaels and Undertaker thing at WrestleMania 14 was true. Cornette was there that night as he was doing it. Corny said it wasnt about doing the job, it was about doing business the right way. Michaels could have tried to make Austin look like shit if he wanted to, like he did with Diesel at WrestleMania XI. They wanted him to put Austin over and sell the Tyson punch. Michaels was always going to do the job.

Who was the black bloke/agent maybe? who was meant to be going round sucking people's toes while they were asleep? I've seen that mentioned a few times, think Rick Steiner mentioned it in his shoot interview aswell. Creepy as fuck that guy sounded.

Mel Phillips, the ring announcer I think you mean.

tve75489-19911013-1877.gif

• Paid Members
I'm waiting for someone to deny it, and they never have. Meltzer said he's heard its true.

You're omitting the context. He didn't say that it definitely happened but that the reason that Vince wouldn't have him back is that it's enough that some people *think* it happened (because of the rumour taking on a life of its own) and that, whether it were true or not, Vince couldn't possibly have had people saying "Savage fucked Steph and Vince took him back".

It's not enough to say that some say they wouldn't be surprised: a) that logic doesn't attest to anything, and b) others have given other reasons, so why not say the same thing there? For example, Bret wrote that a drunk Savage phoned Vince and cussed him out after he'd left for WCW. Then there's the scenario that Savage apparently gave Vince his word that he would re-sign in late 1994 (the December 94 issue of WWF Magazine had him on the cover) but instead broke his word and left. We know from Lex Luger's history that Vince doesn't respond well to that, although he was nice enough to wish him well. (Though doesn't the nature of it suggest a) that Vince held Savage in high regard (which he wouldn't have done had Savage diddled Steph), b) that the departure probably occurred without Vince being able to say those things in person behind the scenes.)

I don't know the ins and outs, of course, but there are two clear things: 1) It was mathematically impossible for anyone to fuck a 14-year-old Steph in 1994/95; 2) Had someone diddled my daughter I certainly wouldn't take the unprecedented step of writing a glowing eulogy of him in TIME.

It seems that Vince really did have his heart broken by Savage, this harking of former friends refusing to talk to each other then the survivor reaching out after the passing of the other. Doesn't that kind of thing happen all over the place?

I'm waiting for someone to deny it, and they never have. Meltzer said he's heard its true.

You're omitting the context. He didn't say that it definitely happened but that the reason that Vince wouldn't have him back is that it's enough that some people *think* it happened (because of the rumour taking on a life of its own) and that, whether it were true or not, Vince couldn't possibly have had people saying "Savage fucked Steph and Vince took him back".

It's not enough to say that some say they wouldn't be surprised: a) that logic doesn't attest to anything, and b) others have given other reasons, so why not say the same thing there? For example, Bret wrote that a drunk Savage phoned Vince and cussed him out after he'd left for WCW. Then there's the scenario that Savage apparently gave Vince his word that he would re-sign in late 1994 (the December 94 issue of WWF Magazine had him on the cover) but instead broke his word and left. We know from Lex Luger's history that Vince doesn't respond well to that, although he was nice enough to wish him well. (Though doesn't the nature of it suggest a) that Vince held Savage in high regard (which he wouldn't have done had Savage diddled Steph), b) that the departure probably occurred without Vince being able to say those things in person behind the scenes.)

I don't know the ins and outs, of course, but there are two clear things: 1) It was mathematically impossible for anyone to fuck a 14-year-old Steph in 1994/95; 2) Had someone diddled my daughter I certainly wouldn't take the unprecedented step of writing a glowing eulogy of him in TIME.

It seems that Vince really did have his heart broken by Savage, this harking of former friends refusing to talk to each other then the survivor reaching out after the passing of the other. Doesn't that kind of thing happen all over the place?

Te-he

Archived