Wrestling Myths

JohnnyChimpo

• Paid Members

What things in wrestling do you often hear people refer to as being a fact when its really just a case of chinese whispers or retelling history?

Stuff like:

Undertaker was going to the kick the shit out of Shawn Michaels if he refused to drop the title to Steve Austin at Mania 14.

In 2003, Raw would always open with a 20 minute Triple H monologue.

CM Punk is a main eventer (har har).

Anything ya

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Undertaker was going to the kick the shit out of Shawn Michaels if he refused to drop the title to Steve Austin at Mania 14.

Thought it was legit since he controls the boys in the back and Michaels was a proper tit around then

• Paid Members
Stuff like:

That's not a myth, that was actually true.

Its not. Its completely made up.

I must of been watching a different show then. To be honest i turned off from WWE a bit between end of 2002 and 2003 because of Triple H, so might of missed the bit when he wasnt talking.

Bar that i thought this thread was going to be "There was really two Undertakers/Warriors" etc.

• Paid Members
I think one of the most common over the last few years was that Eddie was scheduled to win the title just before he died. It's been said by a few people since the plan was never for Eddie to regain the World Title.

Wasnt it confirmed very recently (this year i think) by Stephanie that he was going to win it?

I think one of the most common over the last few years was that Eddie was scheduled to win the title just before he died. It's been said by a few people since the plan was never for Eddie to regain the World Title.

Wasnt it confirmed very recently (this year i think) by Stephanie that he was going to win it?

No idea, im sure various people have said the last few years that he wasnt going to win it though.

Stuff like:

Because of autism, I'll have a look at a few sample episodes...

Jan 6th: Bischoff/Morley/Dudley Boyz promo.

Feb 24th: Bischoff/Rock promo.

March 17th: Bischoff promo/Kane & RVD vs Storm & Morley.

April 14th: Nash/HHH promo.

May 12th: Christian/RVD promo.

June 2nd: Backstage pre-credits bit with Bischoff and HHH, then Goldberg vs Rosie.

July 21st: Bischoff/Linda/Austin promo.

August 18th: Highlight Reel with Jericho, Michaels, HHH, Nash, Goldberg.

September 15th: Bischoff and HHH pre-credits backstage bit, then Christian and Jericho promo.

October 12th: Backstage pre-credits bit with Flair, Orton, Michaels. Then Christian and Jericho promo.

November 10th: Lita/Evolution/Austin promo.

December 15th: Christian and Jericho vs Lita and Trish.

So yeah, Bowyo, you must of been watching a different show. But HHH could've started Raw with a 20-minute promo every week, bar the ones above where he didn't. But that's just me. EMOTICON.

Stuff like:

I must of been watching a different show then. To be honest i turned off from WWE a bit between end of 2002 and 2003 because of Triple H, so might of missed the bit when he wasnt talking.

Bar that i thought this thread was going to be "There was really two Undertakers/Warriors" etc.

There were two undertakers:

:nerd:

and an extra warrior too:

:duh:

• Paid Members

No idea, im sure various people have said the last few years that he wasnt going to win it though.

Hmm, i know from a viewer standpoint it made sense, Batista was injured and needed to take time off and if i remeber rightly nobody else was about at that time other than former champion Eddie. Sadly we'll never really know I suppose.

Archived