Wrestling Myths

JohnnyChimpo

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Undertaker was going to the kick the shit out of Shawn Michaels if he refused to drop the title to Steve Austin at Mania 14.

Thought it was legit since he controls the boys in the back and Michaels was a proper tit around then

I always thought that one had some element of truth to it, having seen it pop up in several books over the years.

The only denial I have ever heard of the Undertaker story was in Michaels Biography.

I though the Eddie one was true, he was going to turn on Batista as his obvious pretend face turn was leading there and take the belt back. However this match was scheduled for Manchester or Birmingham I believe so I am both skeptical Eddie would have taken it and sad that we missed out on a possible world title change in the UK.

• Paid Members
Honky Tonk Man won the IC Title because Butch Reed no-showed.

I think that one is actually true, buddy.

I thought Reed said in a shoot interview that this wasn't true?

• Moderators
Honky Tonk Man won the IC Title because Butch Reed no-showed.

I think that one is actually true, buddy.

Is it? I always thought it wasn't because Butch was celebrating with HTM after he won the title on the episode of Superstars or Challenge it was.

• Paid Members

Randy Orton shit in divas' bags. MYTH. Rochelle Loewen, the woman in question (though I can't place her at all), said after her departure that it wasn't excrement but baby oil.

Undertaker was going to the kick the shit out of Shawn Michaels if he refused to drop the title to Steve Austin at Mania 14.

That is true, though. Shawn wrote in his book that it wasn't true and people have rebuffed it from there.

However, Undertaker was asked this by Michael Lansberg on Off The Record and confirmed it and Jim Cornette stated that Undertaker finished his match with Kane then spent the duration of the Michaels match standing in Gorilla until such point as the pin was counted, at which point he nodded and left.

I think one of the most common over the last few years was that Eddie was scheduled to win the title just before he died. It's been said by a few people since the plan was never for Eddie to regain the World Title.

Wasnt it confirmed very recently (this year i think) by Stephanie that he was going to win it?

No.

Stephanie said on the Eddie tribute show (so nothing close to this year) that he was going to be champion again. Fanboys took that to mean that he was programmed to win the belt, which wasn't true. She simply meant that he was at the peak of his game and would've been champ again at some point, but not that he was definitively programmed to do that.

Archived