They say you should never meet your heroes...

L_E_T_H_A_L

sandman and jake roberts, well...they were both wasted as hell so i don't know if i should qualify this as "rude" but i don't have much respect for people who can't even stay sober at a signing,imo it's disrespectfull to the fans, it was funny to watch, but disrespectfull nontheless,they were friendly tho and i got pics,sandman even held a kendo stick across my throat for the pic hah, looks like he's trying to choke me, and roberts went so far as to take some flirty shots at my mom which to me was hilarious but i imagine she felt awkward.

Sandy is no fun sober.

As for wrestlers hitting on people's Mams; I remember Tito Sananna trying it on with a few of the Mams when I met him. Not in a pure sleazy way or anything, just dropping the OTT compliments etc. He was a sound guy.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Mr kennedy started of a bit rude, it took me 5 ! yelling stuff like " exuse me" and " sorry to bother" to get him to pay attention but once he did ha was friendly tho

I wouldn't have blamed him if he ignored you or told you to go fuck yourself. You honestly yelled him about 5 times?

I once saw Doug Williams outside after he wrestled. Slapped him on the back and said "GREAT MATCH MATE". His back was very sweaty.

How long before you washed that hand. 2 days? A week? Or is it encased in a hermetically sealed glass tube?

• Moderators
I once saw Doug Williams outside after he wrestled. Slapped him on the back and said "GREAT MATCH MATE". His back was very sweaty.

How long before you washed that hand. 2 days? A week? Or is it encased in a hermetically sealed glass tube?

Took a photo of it and sold it in classifieds.

Bret Hart: It was weird, he was at a Q&A session and was going over the same usual bits (Montreal, Owen etc) and that was nice and pleasant. Then when we met he was a little miserable but polite enough. Just didn't come off the "greatest wrestler ever" that I had him in my mind at the time. A bit underwhelming but a nice bloke all in all.

Mick Foley: Seemed all about the money. It was about how much autographs cost opposed to anything else. It really put a bitter taste in my mouth in terms of Foley and since I realise he is all in it for money and has no morals (business wise).

Steve Austin: Fuckin CLASS! He came out, signed EVERYTHING we wanted and even hugged my Nan! Really class, interested in how far we had travelled and wished us a safe journey back. Really made my year!

Alex Shane: Really lovely person, awesome to talk to and soft spoken. He was funny and treated me like I'd known him months. Really nice guy but I had heard he was a massive self promotor.

Ric Flair: Another really funny one. Came out to his music in WHS and was as I imagined. The suit, the hair he was Ric Flair! Alot more soft, and quietly spoken compared to what I expected and didn't really look up from signing the autographs.

I feel lucky to have met Foley when I did a few weeks ago. Especially given all the bad reports of him being a money orientated grub. He was very friendly,seemed taken aback when I mentioned Macho Mans 'bang 'bang' promo from 92 and wished him well in being back on TV...which happened 4 days later!

Mr kennedy started of a bit rude, it took me 5 ! yelling stuff like " exuse me" and " sorry to bother" to get him to pay attention but once he did ha was friendly tho

I wouldn't have blamed him if he ignored you or told you to go fuck yourself. You honestly yelled him about 5 times?

Easy there fella, i think you got the wrong image, i wasn't exactly going vicky guerrero on him, i even cut of my first few attempts when i noticed he was about to talk to somebody else,so i went away and came back later, but somehow he always seemed to not notice me. and if i'm spending thousands of euros to be able to travel from f'n belgium to houston for wrestlemania, and buy extra tickets to go to the wrestlemaniArt show, were a lot of wrestlers are there SPECIFICLY to interact with people and hang around, Then yes i expect to at least get looked at/an "hello".

it's not as if i'm sneaking into hotel rooms or stalking them when their eating or whatnot, if that were the case i'd tell myself to go fuck myself. Totally diffrent scenario's man, but offcourse just reading my words like that without knowing the whole scenario could've come across bad i suppose

Great to read about everyone's experiences meeting their idols in some cases.

Re: Paul McStay. My cousin's stepdaughter was dating a guy that was playing in the young team/boys club (cue jokes). The guy was the star turn, banging in the goals, man of the match more often than not, etc. One day McStay, who seemed to have (has?) a role in the development side of things took him into the office and asked how he thought things were going. He humbly said he thought things were going well. It was at this point McStay future endeavoured him Johnny Axe style!

Mick Foley: Seemed all about the money. It was about how much autographs cost opposed to anything else. It really put a bitter taste in my mouth in terms of Foley and since I realise he is all in it for money and has no morals (business wise).

Just listening to Foley on Colt Cobana's radio show and he is talking about being thrifty and trying to save as much as possible. I was under the impression that Foley was a multi-millionaire from being a top guy in the business for years and also having a number of top selling books.

Just seems weird why he is so money grabbing.

• Paid Members

He's always been a penny pincher, but I remember him mentioning he lost a shitload in stocks around 2008 time. He even mentioned he wasnt in a position where he could retire and never worry about another paycheque. Probably why he went to TNA for that big money deal for a bit. He wasnt as rich as he once was.

Reading this thread I seem to be the only 1 with a positive experience of Bubba Ray. At the TNA show at the MEN last year he was making jokes about Braden Walker as I had my AMW shirt on.

Would echo what has been said about Alex Shane. My first FWA show Alex & Nikita were the 1s I really wanted an autograph from after learning about the world outside WWE from the talksport radio show. Got right out of the car and Nikita and Lucious pulled up right near us but no Alex that night. A couple of years later I worked in the train station and Alex was coming through for something to do with Futureshock with Dave Rayne. Was very plesant when I went over for an autograph and even talked for a couple of minutes until I had to get back to work and a while after that when he was taking tickets at KOE he remembered a small meeting like that. He seems to be the one that realises every penny he has from wrestling has come from they fans hard earned money and doesn't take it for granted. Seen him at a lot of his shows since and no matter how busy and stressed he is he always stops when a fan asks him a question.

Reading this thread I seem to be the only 1 with a positive experience of Bubba Ray. At the TNA show at the MEN last year he was making jokes about Braden Walker as I had my AMW shirt on.

I went to a Q&A thing TNA were doing earlier this year with Jeremy Borash and somebody asked him what some of the guys were like in real life and he said that Bubba can be a genuine dickhead and it's just the way he is, it's nothing to do with him being a wanker to fans he's just like it with everybody but at the same time he's a decent enough bloke. Borash himself was sound aswell, the thing over-ran quite a bit because he was answering a lot of questions and giving away a fuck ton of TNA merch.

I went to a Q&A thing TNA were doing earlier this year with Jeremy Borash and somebody asked him what some of the guys were like in real life and he said that Bubba can be a genuine dickhead and it's just the way he is, it's nothing to do with him being a wanker to fans he's just like it with everybody but at the same time he's a decent enough bloke. Borash himself was sound aswell, the thing over-ran quite a bit because he was answering a lot of questions and giving away a fuck ton of TNA merch.

I had to follow Bubba into the TNA locker room at Wembley to put some stuff in there. Realising he didn't know who I was I asked permission before entering and he was really cool about it. And that was a situation where he could have been a dick.

To be honest I found most guys I met to be ok if you treat them with respect. Obviously you will always catch someone on a bad moment especially on the road, but I found everyone to be fine generally.

Archived