They say you should never meet your heroes...

L_E_T_H_A_L

Met SJK when i was pissed and told him he woudl be 1pw champ in a year - he just looked at me as if to say "why am i here in this cold crap town with drunken idiots talkign to me" but he was polite.

Jimmy snuka - top top top top top top top guy when stumbled across him in Barnsley and talked about Barnsley Bitter for ten minutes.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gangrel - Met him at Barnes Petrol Station in Sunderland at 10 o'clock at night walking home from the town. My mate said "fucking hell, is that Gangrel?" and I said "ow, Gangrel, mate can I shake your hand". Nobody around to impress, just to dickheads he could easy give a good kicking to and he was a really cool. He was shovelling hand fulls of Walkers Cheese and Onion down his throat. I've never seen anyone eat crisps like it.

That's brilliant. What the fuck was he doing in Sunderland?

• Paid Members

I've met a ton of wrestlers, here are the ones who stick out:

Mick Foley (2006) - Was very nice when i met him for a Hardcore Diaries signing. Personalised my autograph, took a photo and shook my hand. I was embarrassingly star struck at the time though so he may have thought I was disabled.

RVD (2005) - He was chatting about the upcoming One Night Stand at the time, was very enthusiastic about it and seemed happy to be there (it was at a Comic book convention at Excel).

Matt Hardy (2005) - Was very gracious but looked a little depressed. This was in 2005 though and I think was only a month or so after he got fired.

Eddie Guerrero (2005) - Seemed tired (understandably) but was fine and gracious. My mate asked him to sign a copy of Powerslam, he said he didn't like the mag as it was racist(?) but signed it anyway.

Sheamus (2010) - This was at Axxess, he was a top bloke. Thanked him for his autograph, told him to enjoy Mania and he said "Oh I will fella" :D

Shelton Benjamin (2010) - Very disinterested. Told him I loved his Paydirt to no response :(

Big Show (2004) - Very nice guy, absolutely huge as you could imagine. My mate teased him about when Eddie Guerrero sprayed him with dog shit. To which he replied "yeah almost as embarrassing as the time you prematurely ejaculated on your first ever date." Murked.

Dudleys (2005) - D'von was fine. Bubba was a dick who like others here have said, refused to shake my hand. My mate asked him if it actually hurt when you go through a table. He said "put yourself through a table and find out for yourself". (lol)

CM Punk (2010) - Was a very awkward encounter as moments before, the same mate thought it would be funny to call him Phillip. The exchange went like this:

"Alright Phillip!"

"..do you know me?"

"Er..yeah!"

"..you know me?"

"....no."

"Future reference - don't do that."

My mate's a dick.

Mostly met wrestlers in Japan.

Met quite a few and some in strange places.

Manami Toyota & Sonoko Kato - Met them on my first trip to Japan in a fans signing, only like 8 of us there having a Q&A, and they were very happy to have fans from around the world being fans of them. In the next 3 trip I did to Japan, I would met them and they would be overly happy to see me back in Japan and would remember who I were. Last trip I got a free Oz Academy towel signed from Chikayo, Sonoko and Amano.

Hayabusa - Again in a signing Q&A was pretty cool, and could do pretty good english. Really nice and humble guy.

The Great Sasuke - Didnt say much, but was pretty cool, and didnt mind me getting a photo with him at all.

Ran into 8-10 TNA wrestlers at Hardrock Cafe in Tokyo aswell, the ones that was really cool was Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Christian, Christopher Daniels, had like a 20 minutes talk with them, was pretty cool.

Taiyo Kea - Ran into him multi times, really nice guy.

Abdullah The Butcher - Was a pretty cool guy to met. Huge guy!

Atsushi Onita - Spottet him leaving Korakuen Hall, and he was running for his dodge viper car, asked him quick for a photo and he was more then happy to do it, and ran off fast.

Ultimo Dragon - Got a photo with him, and he looks more happy on the photo then me, so his cool. haha!.

Most of the BJPW roster is great aswell, during and after the show at Korakuen they would all just hang around and sell merchandise and taking photos with the fans while being all bloody from the match they were in, they are all super cool.

Mr. Danger - he was pretty busy at his restaurant when I went, but had a quick second to take a photo and ask where I was from. Really nice.

Amazing Kong - Wanted to meet her in Japan on the only show she made a special appearence on while being on contract with TNA, but ran into her on a totally different Joshi show, she was pretty cool, and was nothing what I was expecting her to be, very soft spoken and down to earth. Totally nice girl.

Ricky Marvin - Met him a few times at NOAH shows, as soon as he see your not Japanese, he will go talk to you, was nice, always run into him when I

From memory most people I have met have been pretty cool, but to be honest since I have been older and less of a teenage mark I have really only been interested in seeing people in the ring and dont try to meet them.

Shane Douglas - met him in Reading before a show at the coffee bar in the leisure centre. Introduced himself like I wouldn't know who he was even though I said hello first. Class act all the way

CM Punk - caught him sat on a bar by the queue to meet Daniels at international showdown, took me a minute to realise who he was. At first I thought it was an FWA guy or some trainee I had seen about over the years (he was wearing a beanie). Fairly nice guy bit perplexed I think that someone wanted to meet and talk to him. Also looked pissed that a queue formed behind me and he had to start signing things.

Christopher Daniels - Great guy very friendly

AJ Styles - Ok he wasn't massively warm in any way though which was disappointing. didn't seem like a people person thats all

Austin Aries - Great guy speaks to you like your both regular people and not fan wrestler relationship. The same could be said about the following

Evan Bourne

Colt Cabana

Chris Hero

Tommy Dreamer - Possibly the nicest wrestler I have met. I was wearing an RVD Tshirt and he proceeded to talk to me for 10-15 mins. was impressed I had seen a recent Indy appearance Vs Lawler in memphis.

Dickhead wise I cant think of any that spring to mind that were bad but the not so great category does include

Samoa Joe - just no interest in talking

Daniel Bryan - at an all star show almost wanted to deny he was in ROH etc

Raven - didnt even look up when signing but there was no queue or anything and he had some gothic tart leaning right over him offering him sex I think as he wrote some details down and she was all over him. Cant blame the guy really

I know it's a bit of a generalisation Martin Pedersen but the Japanese wrestlers all seem to have a great respect and willingness to give up their time for the fans.

That is true, there is some that when you ask them for a photo they want money for the picture. I can understand if you go ask them at their merchandise table, but outside then I cant understand it really, there has been a few wrestlers that did that in Japan for me.

Gangrel - Met him at Barnes Petrol Station in Sunderland at 10 o'clock at night walking home from the town. My mate said "fucking hell, is that Gangrel?" and I said "ow, Gangrel, mate can I shake your hand". Nobody around to impress, just to dickheads he could easy give a good kicking to and he was a really cool. He was shovelling hand fulls of Walkers Cheese and Onion down his throat. I've never seen anyone eat crisps like it.

That's brilliant. What the fuck was he doing in Sunderland?

Am assuming he will have competed on an All Star show that day, as they have run the Sunderland Empire in the past.

met quite a few guys, but the ones that spring to mind as being really cool are steve corino, lita, meanie, jericho and danielson. seen doug williams at so many shows that he is like the furniture. when i saw roh in 2006, my mum was waiting outside for me (she saw cabana chat up some barmaids) and prince nana asked for helping counting his money; they chatted about where in africa they have family and later when nana came back having been called away, he was ecstatic that she had looked after his bag with his money, passport etc, that he gave her and me big hugs, awesome guy. sandman just looked at me like an angry drunk (big shock) and the fact he was charging

Met tons but these are the guys that stick out to me as either really good or bad and not in a mood.

Vince Mcmahon- Was perfectly happy to pose for photos and sign autographs. Thanked him and he seemed happy enough.

Steve Austin- Met him twice and was a absolute class act, the first time he posed for photos at a signing when he was not supposed to and the second time he was full of conversation and happy to sign and take pics.

Mick Foley- First time he was a miserable fuck, just signed and wouldnt look up for a picture, met him the other week at his comedy show and he as much better, in a plesant mood.

Kurt Angle- Met him with my mum when I was 14 and was very nice to her and signed multiple items.

Roddy Piper- Hands down best wrestler ive ever met, so happy to meet his fans and have legitmate conversation with them, really takes time out and makes you feel special, can not speak highly enough.

John Cena- Class act, very humble and had his hand out to shake your hand straight away. When i met him my mate went first in the signing and Cena stopped when he went to sign to take some time out for the disabled fans, when returning to the signing booth Cena apologised for the wait which was very kind IMO.

Wendie Ritcher- She wanted me ha ha, could not belive I travelled to the US for a wrestling show.

William Regal- As someone mentioned, the line to meet him took forever but it was because he took time out with the fans and personalised all autographs.

Rhyno- Cool and commented on my ECW shirt, Gangreal also done the same.

Jerry Lynn- As many have mentioned top guy.

Kane- Was suprisingly really freindly.

Tatana- Talked aload of shit but was very freindly.

Bret Hart- Another class act, said i enjoyed his book and he told me he wrote the book for real wrestling fans like myself.

Mr Kennedy- was late for a signing due to traffic but still took time out with all fans, met him a few times and he is always good bantering with the fans.

Jim Cornette- Was willing to pose for pictures even if we did not buy anything from him, was more than happy to talk for ages.

Following guys were also nice and took time out- AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, Christy Hemme, The Cat, Rikishi, Mysterio, Trish Stratus, Ziggler, Evan Bourne, Tito Santana, Homicide, X-Pac, Shawn Michaels, CM Punk.

Did not enjoy meeting the following.

Balls Mahoney- was a dick, wouldnt sign a CZW shirt i had- saying they owed him money and now i should buy one of his shirts instead- fn and blinding at me.

Jim Ross- Pretty much did not want to sign and just refused to sign my mates programe.

Chris Benoit- was took a back when I asked him when they were gonna give him the world title and he took ages to reply saying they may give him the tag belts.

Daffney absolute cow- demanded money when people took pics of her from a distance and blanked my mate completley at another convention when he said hello to her.

Melina- Did not want to stop

Heath Slater- Saw this guy about 5 times in Atlanta this year on the streets wandering, did not stop any time for fans.

Shelton Benjamin, Maryse, Jeff Hardy, Batista, Big Show, Stan Hansen, JBL seemed like they didnt want to be there.

-

Never had anyone be rude to me yet, i met some who looked disintrested or just clearly doing it as a routine without any real emotion but mostly only positive experiances.

jeff hardy looked absent during mania 25 weekend,he wasn't rude but and didn't mind taking a quick pic,but he never made it past a half assed " hey man" and left as soon as the camera clicked, after being a fan of his i was kinda sad to see him not give a sh*t and i don't know if he was clean or not, or just tired...so not really rude but a bit cold.

same deal with Matt, met him twice now and both times he was just "there" but not intrested, and this was before his bad days.

Mr kennedy started of a bit rude, it took me 5 ! yelling stuff like " exuse me" and " sorry to bother" to get him to pay attention but once he did ha was friendly tho,he was off tv with a shoulder injury at the time and i wished him well and a speedy recovery,saying i missed him on tv as a compliment and he seemed genuinly flathered at that point so this one started off a bit awkward but ended good.

sandman and jake roberts, well...they were both wasted as hell so i don't know if i should qualify this as "rude" but i don't have much respect for people who can't even stay sober at a signing,imo it's disrespectfull to the fans, it was funny to watch, but disrespectfull nontheless,they were friendly tho and i got pics,sandman even held a kendo stick across my throat for the pic hah, looks like he's trying to choke me, and roberts went so far as to take some flirty shots at my mom which to me was hilarious but i imagine she felt awkward.

Booker T is always a class act, i met him 2 times and both were wonderfull experiances, he actually listens and chats and jokes around, it felt like hanging out with a friend or something, he even casually left the table to get a bag of potato chips and came back, started joking around again eating his chips..sharmell was with him too and she was nice too.

The nasty boys were..intresting, saggs called my mom linda hogan and knobss reply'd with "na man this ones hotter" and glady took pics and had a brief chat, pretty cool,jimmy hart was with them too and he gave me his infamous microfone to hold for the pic.

DDP was pretty nice too, we had a brief chat about his yrg yoga and got a great pic with us doing the hand sign togheter (each one hand)

Nash was pretty laid back and not in a rush at all,had a good chat with him.

Daffney was really cool too,had a chat about tattoos, well, her tattoos ( she has a band of lucha masks tattood around her waist and i said it was cool and she followed up on the conversation ( she looked good too in real life,i would..)

Stan hansen was a class act too, really took time to start a little chat once he found out i came from belgium and started telling me a story about some belgium wrestler way back in the day that he enjoyed working but couldn't remember the name,i had no clue who he could've been talking about either so i felt a bit ashamed i don't even know my fellow country men wrestlers lol, but it was a nice story with anecdotes and pretty surreal to have Stan hansen chatting with me about belgium wrestlers...

I could go on and on, i met quite a few wrestlers already, but hope to meet many more :laugh:

offcourse the dragon gate guys have been tremendous every year in the UK !!

Archived