They say you should never meet your heroes...

L_E_T_H_A_L

• Paid Members

Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles were ace. Happy to sign anything and everything thrown at them, pose for pictures and answer all sorts of questions. Same goes for Jodie Fleisch. Chris Sabin was an absolute gent too, easily the nicest wrestler I've met. It says a lot about a man when he's still being polite after answering such questions as "so, how do you take the Canadian Destroyer?" Sandman was hammered, as expected, but still very pleasant and easy going, even if he didn't remember what country he was in.

Perry Saturn was a bit of a miserable git when I met him in 2003. Same goes for Jonny Storm, who refused to sign anything unless you bought some of his merch. Fuck that.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earl Hebner - Get's a reputation as a dick but posed for photos and had a quick chat and seemed a decent guy. he actually said and i quote: "I'm only a prick in the ring."

Alex Shane - Nice guy despite his reputation. Had a 10 minute conversation with him at the first TNA house show in Liverpool.

sadly, my list is one person long:

Michelle McCool: met her after hanging round outside the entrance after a WWE house show in Cardiff. She was the only one who came over to sign stuff, most just flapped a hand at the small crowd who were loitering. she came over, signed my programme, and then started to talk to a bunch of chavs who'd not even bothered going to the show instead of the people who'd actually gone.

She's much fitter in the flesh.

I've met loads down the years mainly thanks to the now infamous and shit, but for a couple of years very good Wrestleslam. Highlights have been Ultimate Warrior who was a class act, Roddy Piper who was incredibly friendly, Bret Hart, The Mountie who's always been a favourite, Ted Dibiase, Mick Foley (met him a couple of times and he was great both times), The Fink who was really nice, Terry Funk who was another top bloke and very humble and although not as big a star Hernandez was one of the nicest i've met, Matt Morgan was too if I remember right. That was at the place where I had the shittiest experience though, at the 2nd TNA interaction I went to. Most of them were carrying on with conversations and not looking up but as Tommy said Jarrett was the worst. He's one of my favourites and I couldn't even get his attention for a photo because he wasn't interested. There have been others that have been quiet and uninterested but not ignorant, Bobby Roode as an example was one who looked a bit glum and didn't say much but he wasn't rude. I can live with that because I'm not a chatter when I meet wrestlers because for some reason i'd feel a dick asking most things and go like a scared little boy.

Here's a pic I've been wanting to put up for ages as I know he's a favourite on here, but haven't been able to because of not having camera lead, not being arsed etc but it's me and Scott Hall who was a Wrestleslam guest at the NEC Memorabilia show in Nov 2009. Again I didn't say a lot but he seemed a top bloke and he had some fun later on when he was wandering over by the UK wrestling that was also going on at the show. It seems an age ago now because i've lost quite a bit of weight and we all know what has happened to Scott so can't believe it was only 2 years ago.

lSi7z.jpg

Butch's favourite, Full Moon and one or two others who were probably him as well.

I missed off meeting the Kings of Wrestling and Bobby Fish in a Wolverhampton Chippy after NOAH, that was fun, they were all top blokes.

EDIT - November 2009 Ian. Yeah I think it was during one of his better periods of the last few years If I remember rightly, so just a couple of months before his TNA return

• Paid Members

Mentioned it a few times but i met jake the snake many years ago at a training camp.

Jake turned up , got pissed in the on site bar, and left after getting a smack from one of the organisers for being such a dingus.

I was only about 15 at the time, and as you can imagine hearing such a "big time" wrestler was coming down, was a big deal to myself and all other young budding wrestlers (Wade Barrett was there at the time training also), and for jake to make an arse of himself, it kind of put me off him altogether.

• Paid Members
When was that? Scott looks really well there. Compared to now obviously.

Have to agree he does look really well there, especially compared to in that ESPN doc. Sad to see how bad things have gotten for him.

EDITED for missing someone else had already answered by the time I posted!

I've met Mick Foley a few times he always seems like a nice guy. The one I really remember was at ECUK in Manchester (in the good old days) and he went out of his way to talk a guy out of getting a tattoo of his smiley logo because "he wouldn't be around for ever then he'd be stuck with it."

Kurt Angle seems really genuine. Seen him at a few autograph signings and hes always the first one out to meet fans. Including 1 cluster fuck TNA fan interaction in Liverpool where we paid front row to get into the post show signings, TNA changed it gave us 4 guys walking around the ring and a brawl between the first 5 or 6 rows (instead of first row) to get to the front to get an autograph. Every person no matter how far back they were and how hard they had to fight got a picture with Kurt.

Interesting note - given the rivalry between AJ Styles and Kid Kash and Kash's rep for being a cunt youd think AJ was a nice guy but at the same signing as the Kurt one, AJ couldnt have made it any clearer he didn't want to be there it was obvious he thought he was too much of a star, and Kash, every time I've met him has actually been the nicest of all the wrestlers I've met.

I have met a load of wrestlers over the years.

I'd say the nicest ones I have met would be John Cena and Jeff Hardy - both great guys, always smiling, every time I have met them they have chatted for ages, take pics with anyone who asks and sign everything, both seem to have a lot of time for their fans. They are also fun drunks :laugh: Jeff Hardy in particular was chatting to us for ages and even broke into "Happy Birthday" at one point singing it to my brother :laugh: . It's great meeting wrestlers you are a huge fan of and they live up to all of your expectations.

I am the biggest fan of Shawn Michaels and he was great to meet on both occasions, took pics and signed some stuff for me too.

Other noteable mentions go to:

Lita / Amy Dumas - Met her several times after Luchagor gigs and she is lovely, very down to earth and has a lot of time for her fans plus her band are all top guys too.

Steve Austin - For being such a huge star he has always been great and friendly to meet, a funny guy

Undertaker - We were a bit scared to go over but he called us over, gave me a hug, chatted for a bit to us and took lots of pics. Awesome!

Paul London - another great guy who has time for everyone, really funny too.

Matt Hardy - Met him for the first time back in January after the TNA show in Glasgow and he was super nice.

Melina & John Morrison - Really nice couple, very polite and Melina is very talkative.

Mickie James - Really friendly girl met her when she was with WWE and more recently at the Glasgow TNA Fan Party.

Weird ones to meet where Rene Dupree and Shane Helms - both a tad sleazy!!! :confused:

Virgil's awesome. Trying to flog old nWo shirts for about 70 quid.

He actually had some reasonably cool Nitro t-shirts when I met him, but only in ridiculous sizes. The kind of sizes that mean no one since 1996 has ever wanted them.

Still trying to pedal the VHS tapes too.

n713075396_5629699_4360.jpg

Classic Freebird

Archived