Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

It's in Bizarro World? Could be sweet enough then. The Canadians absolutely love their big guys and legends like that, don't they? Hardcore fans but quite old school. They seem to get what wrestling has been rather than voice their discontent that it's not what they want it to be.

I mean I want Goldberg to get big pops but I fear if they do TV in the build up it could be the whole "it's our indie WWE now fuck off you sad bastard" heat similar to what Batista got.

There's no doubt about it that Goldberg will compete at WrestleMania before he headlines the HOF the following year.  This will be the first time Lesnar has worked a Survivor Series since his return in 2012.  I thought Brock would've been gone until the Rumble. I don't blame Vince for not wanting to take a chance with these two in a match at Mania again. 

At least with Goldberg in the frame it opens up some fresh Mania Match possibilities for next year.

As said above if Cena vs Taker is not on the card this year then a Cena vs Goldberg match would be an adequate backup.

You'd wonder if something for 'Rumble is already planned. Survivor Series has sold out. This would have been the perfect match to pack the dome.

I think Goldberg V Ryback could've been a decent storyline with a heel Ryback claiming to be better than Goldberg.  Bit of a missed opportunity on WWE's part.

It would have made sense had they built him up like an undefeated wrecking machine. But alas they buried him and he became a no mark like everybody else.

• Paid Members

Nice. I'll be praying for an emphatic Goldberg win. Having him around with momentum for 'Mania season would be a BIG deal.

Hope it doesn't get wasted on another pointless win for Brock. He's already beaten everybody, there's no big matches left. Book Goldberg even a 1/4 as strong as Brock has been for the last few years and they'll be spoiled for choice.

I think Goldberg V Ryback could've been a decent storyline with a heel Ryback claiming to be better than Goldberg.  Bit of a missed opportunity on WWE's part.

It would have made sense had they built him up like an undefeated wrecking machine. But alas they buried him and he became a no mark like everybody else.

When are people on this forum going to realise they could have pushed Ryback to the moon and he still would have failed . . . he wasn't good in the ring and couldn't cut a promo. I'm sure I wasn't the only one he was complete fast forward material for. 

I think Goldberg V Ryback could've been a decent storyline with a heel Ryback claiming to be better than Goldberg. Bit of a missed opportunity on WWE's part.

When are people on this forum going to realise they could have pushed Ryback to the moon and he still would have failed . . . he wasn't good in the ring and couldn't cut a promo. I'm sure I wasn't the only one he was complete fast forward material for.

He was good enough in the ring though. The actual wrestling part is the least important. The only people that care about the in ring wrestling are the ones that will watch it every week no matter what. You can have all the flips, head drops and super kicks you want, but people don't pay for that shit. You can get that for free every week.

People pay for characters, angles, storylines and personal grudges. And they pay for stars. When will people like you realise that just letting indie guys go out and have matches doesn't work. Good wrestling matches don't mean anything by themselves. You have to have more than that and Ryback, as evidenced by his drawing in the match with Punk, could have been a difference making star, however bad you might think he was in the ring.

Nonsense. The crowd were clamouring for him and even if the turncoats would have come out the kids would have kept on loving him. Goldberg was green as grass in the ring and wasn't the best promo ever either but his promoters, bookers and agents worked around that. When will people realise that's what a huge amount of the art of pro wrestling was?

Wrestling needs big colourful bastards. Accentuate the positives, hide the negatives. That Heyman line is the best all around business philosophy there is. 

Ultimate Warrior wasn't particularly great in the ring and his promos didn't make sense most of the time, yet if you ask a randomer on the street to name five wrestlers he would be named by a fair number of them.

People respond to characters. The Young Bucks can tell everyone to suck it 30 times and do 50 super kicks per match, but you could easily walk past them in the street and not notice them

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Pants are dropped in anticipation of fapping over a potential Strowman vs Goldberg match somewhere down the line. They're certainly trying to emulate the streak with him, if the promo this week is anything to go by they're moving on to him demolishing established guys which has to be building up to something. If it's not Lesnar, Goldberg would be perfect