Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

The Gimmick Battle Royal at WrestleMania X-7 brought a few back after very long absences.

One Man Gang and Nikolai Volkoff returned from an 11 year gap and Hillbilly Jim had gone 13 years.

• Awards Moderator

Bret had a 13 year absence between 13 and 26, and I think Piper was the same (for wrestling anyway) between 12 and 25. DDP's last WM match before the Battle Royal was at X-8, which gives him a 14 year gap, and if Goldust wasn't in the first Andre Battle Royal (I can't remember) that's the same for him. But yeah, I reckon that record is Tatanka's to lose. Good for him!

We need a Tiger Rick WrestleMania Stats Thread. Stat.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

I met Tatanka in January and he was telling everyone he'd re signed and he was going to WrestleMania. I was honestly thinking the HOF. Didn't expect him actually wrestling. Would've been nice to give him a solo entrance. Missed him when the majority of the field came out

• Paid Members

Bret had a 13 year absence between 13 and 26, and I think Piper was the same (for wrestling anyway) between 12 and 25. DDP's last WM match before the Battle Royal was at X-8, which gives him a 14 year gap, and if Goldust wasn't in the first Andre Battle Royal (I can't remember) that's the same for him. But yeah, I reckon that record is Tatanka's to lose. Good for him!

I did actually plan to start one but never got around to it. I made a rough list:

Most matches

Most minutes

fewest minutes

winning record

losing record

most non-finishes (on a show)

most matches (on a show)

fewest matches (on a show)

longest gap

unbeaten at wm

current roster appearances

most world champs

my first wm (can't even remember what that meant)

most tag matches

most multiman matches

most singles matches

• Paid Members

I did actually plan to start one but never got around to it. I made a rough list:

Most matches

Most minutes

fewest minutes

winning record

losing record

most non-finishes (on a show)

most matches (on a show)

fewest matches (on a show)

longest gap

unbeaten at wm

current roster appearances

most world champs

my first wm (can't even remember what that meant)

most tag matches

most multiman matches

most singles matches

'Current roster appearances' do you mean each currently active members wrestlemania history?

'My first WM' is this not possibly the same as above, but just identifying who has been there the longest?

Either way, I'm looking forward to this.

• Paid Members

I even felt a pang of sadness when watching it back not long ago on Youtube. 

I do the same all the time. Even though I get its all an act and I'm a grown up, it still takes me back to that moment when I see something that I was gutted about when I was a kid. The Nasty Boys beating the Hart Foundation still upsets me, and I have to usually stick on SummerSlam 91 to ease myself.

Is there a more babyface pleasing event that SummerSlam 91? It seemed like every babyface won.

• Paid Members

Rene Dupree has filed a class action for unpaid royalties relating to the wwe network.

It turns out that WWE amended their contracts in 2004 so that they don't have to pay anyone royalties from the network which is madness.

• Paid Members

Rene Dupree has filed a class action for unpaid royalties relating to the wwe network.

It turns out that WWE amended their contracts in 2004 so that they don't have to pay anyone royalties from the network which is madness.

Madness? That'd be incredible foresight.

• Paid Members

I don't mean from their point of view. This was when WWE were initially pushing the 24/7 service so they were already savvy to where things were going. I mean more from a talent signing over their likeness for free for all time deal ( obviously 90% of talent would sign anything to get into WWE but still)

I just find it crazy that, if true, someone like Luther Reigns is making more money in royalties than Cody Rhodes.

Edited by chokeout

Shinsuke Nakamura's theme is No.1 on the soundtrack chart of ITunes

I was watching for days for it. Bought straight away

• Paid Members

The Network has been planned since 2001. They just couldnt find the right format until recently. There's always been talk of a WWF channel. So it makes sense (for them at least) that they'd do something like put it in their contracts they get nothing from it. The funny thing is, if they removed all content of Renee Dupree from the Network, I wonder if anyone on earth would notice?

Luther Reigns deserves royalities for his appearance on Wade Keller's Torch Talk a decade ago. Fucking hell, he came across as the most interesting man on earth. His idea for his character was for him to come out in a suit surrounded by women and smacking everyone with a baseball bat was hilariously great. They should have ran with it on a Smackdown taping. "its Luther Reigns, Tazz. He's got women with him and a suit on. And he's beating Batista with a bat!"

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay