Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Awards Moderator

Pete Gas interview, talking about Shane's return, how the Posse got involved in WWE, and the chances of them turning up at WrestleMania: http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/mean-steet-posses-pete-gas-on-shane-mcmahons-return-20160301

He makes a really interesting point when he says that Shane's sons have never got to see him wrestle, and that they want to. Wonder how much that played into Shane doing Mania this year.

• Paid Members

Great article. They put the original Posse vignettes up on the Network this week, so I was going to ask if people knew the history behind them and whether they were originally indy guys or genuine childhood friends of Shane.

The vignettes are still awesome, but the way. Such simple, easy heat. I really hope they make an appearance at WrestleMania.

Edited by Supremo

Pete Gas interview, talking about Shane's return, how the Posse got involved in WWE, and the chances of them turning up at WrestleMania: http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/mean-steet-posses-pete-gas-on-shane-mcmahons-return-20160301

He makes a really interesting point when he says that Shane's sons have never got to see him wrestle, and that they want to. Wonder how much that played into Shane doing Mania this year.

He seems a genuinely nice bloke.

Great article. They put the original Posse vignettes up on the Network this week, so I was going to ask if people knew the history behind them and whether they were originally indy guys or genuine childhood friends of Shane.

The vignettes are still awesome, but the way. Such simple, easy heat. I really hope they make an appearance at WrestleMania.

Pete and Rodney actually did grow up with Shane but Joey Abs didn't, he was brought in so they had an actual worker in the group. Ironically, I always found him the least watchable of the the three.

• Paid Members

I've never actually seen any of the Posse's finishers — Rodney's was a blockbuster, and I think Abs' was some sort of a powerbomb, but I've never been able to imagine The Gas Mask, an inverted full nelson slam. I do remember seeing Rodney have a reasonable match with someone, and thinking "that wasn't as bad as expected," and I suppose he was then sent to Memphis, as I never saw him again.

Edited by Bill Diarrhea

acbcrr.jpg

Pete Gas still looks sort of like he used to, but the others are pretty unrecognisable now. Luckily the pastel tank tops are so synonymous with them that they could get away with appearing at mania and people knowing who they are.

I've never actually seen any of the Posse's finishers — Rodney's was a blockbuster, and I think Abs' was some sort of a powerbomb, but I've never been able to imagine The Gas Mask, an inverted full nelson slam. I do remember seeing Rodney have a reasonable match with someone, and thinking "that wasn't as bad as expected," and I suppose he was then sent to Memphis, as I never saw him again.

If I'm remember correctly, the gas mask was a double handed choke bomb, but he would hook under the armpit and grabbing the face like a reverse full Nelson.