Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

A WWE show is being investigated by OFCOM supposedly. It will be in the next OFCOM Newsletter.

WWE Live (Promotion) : Sky Sports 3 : 7th November 2015.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/enforcement/broadcast-bulletins/obb299/Issue_299.pdf

What happened in that particular episode and whats does WWE Live (Promotion) mean? November 7th was a Saturday.

Things at the end of the newsletter generally get thoroughly investigated as they are taking it seriously.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

A WWE show is being investigated by OFCOM supposedly. It will be in the next OFCOM Newsletter.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/enforcement/broadcast-bulletins/obb299/Issue_299.pdf

What happened in that particular episode and whats does WWE Live (Promotion) mean? November 7th was a Saturday.

Things at the end of the newsletter generally get thoroughly investigated as they are taking it seriously.

It seems it was an episode of Superstars judging by a quick search using WWE 7/11/15 (I used the American way just to be sure)

They're investigating the in-editorial promotion of the U.K. shows, and the pushing of the viewer towards ticketing sites.

It'd be an irritation for the WWE if it's upheld, it'd be a fucking DISASTER for TNA..

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

The complaint definitely looks odd, but there's a very real chance it could be upheld.

WWE's has been on ropey ground in the past with some of their plugs and stuff they weave into their segments. When they, however tenuously, contribute to the show/story they're admissible but part of the reason they pay to sponsor their own shows with that 2K stuff is they wouldn't actually be allowed to use that to bridge shows like Main Event in the UK.

If they decide the pre-cut segs are actually commercials that could be editorially avoided, they'll have to put them in the breaks and lose a shitload of eyes in the process.

*edit* actually, thinking about it, I'd bet my bollocks the complaint comes from a working class parent irritated that they've now got a sulky, crying kid because they can't afford to take them to a show. 80% of complaints are by angry parents.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

It seems it was an episode of Superstars judging by a quick search using WWE 7/11/15 (I used the American way just to be sure)

Superstars hasn't been on TV here since December 2014.

All they do is say go to wwe.com for more information. They don't say how/where to get tickets. Surely that's well within the boundaries.

Did anyone catch Cats Does Countdown a few weeks back with Rob Beckett? He had his wrestling figures out as his lucky mascot and while Jimmy Carr was asking him who some of them were he said "Just give me a minute while I move Koko B Ware away from Hogan"  Had to chuckle at that.

At the beginning of 2015 I was looking at running a promotion from Bluewater, Essex. We approached Rob to be involved and him and his team were well up for it even pitching to us the idea of getting Rob to dress up as Jack Swagger.

Did anyone catch Cats Does Countdown a few weeks back with Rob Beckett? He had his wrestling figures out as his lucky mascot and while Jimmy Carr was asking him who some of them were he said "Just give me a minute while I move Koko B Ware away from Hogan" Had to chuckle at that.

At the beginning of 2015 I was looking at running a promotion from Bluewater, Essex.

Would have been difficult.

An MSG house show in March has been changed to "Daniel Bryan night" :

http://www.thegarden.com/events/2016/march/wwe-live.html

House show or not, this sounds like a tidy card a week before WrestleMania. Ambrose v Owens iron man? Yes please.

Get in! Already had tickets for that due to my holiday coinciding with it, looked forward to the card beforehand but Bryan there is the icing on the cake.